LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 02:36 PM
jjl
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 280SE 280CE 560SEL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Soft target there, Kirk. Anyway, there are quite a few sects - the Ahmadis are particularly interesting. They do not believe in violence, or that Muhammad was the final prophet, and are thoroughly persecuted by other sects, including state persecution in Pakistan.

Our leaders get away with this ignorance because (i) we let them and (ii) the voters don't know either. Shouldn't there be some kind of exam to be leader of the free world?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 03:30 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
^^^^^^

In Bush's case he should have a rectal exam, to see if it's physically possible to extract his head.
post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 03:35 PM
jjl
BenzWorld Extremist

Vehicle: 280SE 280CE 560SEL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
^^^^^^

In Bush's case he should have a rectal exam, to see if it's physically possible to extract his head.
Well, DR, I wonder what his 'legacy' will be - politicians are very aware of this as their narcissism gets out of hand. I doubt if the history books will be kind - if there are any history books, given the way things are going. Ditto for Bliar.
post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Hmm, seems Mr. Reyes isn't the only one with a problem.
[b]
Ambassador claims shortly before invasion, Bush didn't know there were two sects of Islam ...
Your argument now is that Democrats should be in power because they are as butt-ignorant as Republicans.

Ringing endorsement, that.

B
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 10:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Actually, everything I have read indicates Mr. Reyes's shortcomings have been greatly exaggerated by you far right wing types. I think he is perfect for the job. Just another smuck like me. That's who ought to be in Congress running things. I love the idea the guy was a cop for 27 years. If it is one thing we need on the Intelligence Panel, its a good fucking cop.

Those are the people who made America great. The poor country lawyer who saved this country from slavery. The hat maker who dropped two atom bombs on the Japs. The silversmith who told us the British were coming. The farmer who wrote the Bill of Rights. Thats America buddy. Get used to it, the Democrats are back. Of course, as Mr. Kamil has shown us is typical for Republican thought, it's probably all just a bunch of dumb spics and niggers to you guys.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 12-13-2006 at 10:12 PM.
post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Actually, everything I have read indicates Mr. Reyes's shortcomings have been greatly exaggerated by you far right wing types. I think he is perfect for the job. Just another smuck like me. That's who ought to be in Congress running things. I love the idea the guy was a cop for 27 years. If it is one thing we need on the Intelligence Panel, its a good fucking cop.

Those are the people who made America great. The poor country lawyer who saved this country from slavery. The hat maker who dropped two atom bombs on the Japs. The silversmith who told us the British were coming. The farmer who wrote the Bill of Rights. Thats America buddy. Get used to it, the Democrats are back. Of course, as Mr. Kamil has shown us is typical for Republican thought, it's probably all just a bunch of dumb spics and niggers to you guys.
You're getting into that Turrette's thing again. Breath, breath.

Here's what I posted. Is it inaccurate? Does it depend on Mr Reyes' ethnicity or party affiliation that he didn't know who the fuck comprises Al Qaeda?

Are there jackboots in the hall because Reyes cannot answer simple questions with answers that anybody who has read a newspaper at least once since September 11, 2001 should be able to answer?

Does it excuse Pelosi that she appointed a political hack who could do no better on the simplest of tests than the republican hacks her party replaces?

B

Intelligence
Incoming House intelligence chief botches easy intel quiz
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Rep. Silvestre Reyes of Texas, who incoming House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has tapped to head the Intelligence Committee when the Democrats take over in January, failed a quiz of basic questions about al Qaeda and Hezbollah, two of the key terrorist organizations the intelligence community has focused on since the September 11, 2001 attacks.

When asked by CQ National Security Editor Jeff Stein whether al Qaeda is one or the other of the two major branches of Islam -- Sunni or Shiite -- Reyes answered "they are probably both," then ventured "Predominantly -- probably Shiite."

That is wrong. Al Qaeda was founded by Osama bin Laden as a Sunni organization and views Shiites as heretics.

Reyes could also not answer questions put by Stein about Hezbollah, a Shiite group on the U.S. list of terrorist organizations that is based in Southern Lebanon.

Stein's column about Reyes' answers was published on CQ's Web site Friday evening.

In an interview with CNN, Stein said he was "amazed" by Reyes' lack of what he considers basic information about two of the major terrorists organizations.

"If you're the baseball commissioner and you don't know the difference between the Yankees and the Red Sox, you don't know baseball," Stein said. "You're not going to have the respect of the people you work with."

While Stein said Reyes is "not a stupid guy," his lack of knowledge said it could hamper Reyes' ability to provide effective oversight of the intelligence community, Stein believes.

"If you don't have the basics, how do you effectively question the administration?" he asked. "You don't know who is on first."

Stein said Reyes is not the only member of the House Intelligence Committee that he has interviewed that lacked what he considered basic knowledge about terrorist organizations.

"It kind of disgusts you, because these guys are supposed to be tending your knitting," Stein said. "Most people are rightfully appalled."

Pelosi picked Reyes over fellow Californian Rep. Jane Harman, who had been the Intelligence Committee's ranking member, and Rep. Alcee Hastings of Florida, who had been impeached as a federal judge after being accused of taking a bribe.

Calls from CNN to Reyes' office asking for reaction to Stein's column have not been returned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in