McKinney Introduces Bill to Impeach Bush - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
McKinney Introduces Bill to Impeach Bush

McKinney Introduces Bill to Impeach Bush

In what was likely her final legislative act in Congress, outgoing Georgia Rep. Cynthia McKinney introduced a bill Friday to impeach President Bush.

The legislation has no chance of passing and serves as a symbolic parting shot not only at Bush but also at Democratic leaders. Incoming House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., has made clear that she will not entertain proposals to sanction Bush and has warned the liberal wing of her party against making political hay of impeachment.

McKinney, a Democrat who drew national headlines in March when she struck a Capitol police officer, has long insisted that Bush was never legitimately elected. In introducing her legislation in the final hours of the current Congress, she said Bush had violated his oath of office to defend the Constitution and the nation's laws.
In the bill, she accused Bush of misleading Congress on the war in Iraq and violating privacy laws with his domestic spying program.
McKinney has made no secret of her frustration with Democratic leaders since voters ousted her from office in the Democratic primary this summer. In a speech Monday at George Washington University, she accused party leaders of kowtowing to Republicans on the war in Iraq and on military mistreatment of prisoners.
McKinney, who has not discussed her future plans, has increasingly embraced her image as a controversial figure.
She has hosted numerous panels on Sept. 11 conspiracy theories and suggested that Bush had prior knowledge of the terrorist attacks but kept quiet about it to allow friends to profit from the aftermath. She introduced legislation to establish a permanent collection of rapper Tupac Shakur's recordings at the National Archives and calling for a federal investigation into his killing.
But it was her scuffle with a Capitol police officer that drew the most attention. McKinney struck the officer when he tried to stop her from entering a congressional office building. The officer did not recognize McKinney, who was not wearing her member lapel pin. A grand jury in Washington declined to indict McKinney over the clash, but she eventually apologized before the House.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 12:45 AM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Bye, bye Cynthia
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 05:21 AM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Consider the source

Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
Bye, bye Cynthia
That woman is a piece of work, good riddance.

The scuffle in the Capitol and then playing the race card was too much even for
a lot of voters who'd otherwise vote for her.

Kind of a lame duck act. Bunch of self serving grandstanding. Bad timing.

I doubt it will get anywhere, what with her imprimitur on it. George W. Bush will dodge the bullet on this one, no self respecting legislator of any party would line up behind her on something big she sponsored.

However, it's a harbinger of things to come. I personally would not be surprised if President Bush gets impeached before his term is over. There very well could be theoretical grounds for it. Not only that, the Democratic rage about the use of that tool on Bill Clinton, and the recent dirty Swiftboaters tactics will surely loosen Democratic inhibitions about unsheathing this tool of last resort.

Of course, if the unthinkable happened and Bush was impeached and removed, you get the real prize, Cheney!

It;s a wonderful world
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 05:30 AM
Always Remembered RIP

Robert, (Jakarta Expat)

Are you rubbing our faces in your new '07 E280?

I wouldn't blame you ---- It's a stunner, especially in that color, how does it feel driving a great new car like this?

Sorry to sound stupid, but is it right or left hand drive?

The Indonesian number plate on it looks *just* right !

How much did it cost in equivalent USD? The new Benzes are highly coveted in Asia, the new McLaren costs over $1,000,000 in Vietnam (see cars thread, cars in Vietnam) www.skyscrapercity.com

Thank you for keeping us alert with posts like this one, I never read anything about this before, this is the first I heard about it. And I do give the newspapers a look almost every day.

Jim B.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 05:43 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
The woman is and always will be a ditz.............
When someone proposes legislation like: "Establish a permanent collection of rapper Tupac Shakur's recordings at the National Archives and calling for a federal investigation into his killing." you have to wonder why she's even there.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade
Robert, (Jakarta Expat)

Are you rubbing our faces in your new '07 E280?

I wouldn't blame you ---- It's a stunner, especially in that color, how does it feel driving a great new car like this?

Sorry to sound stupid, but is it right or left hand drive?

The Indonesian number plate on it looks *just* right !

How much did it cost in equivalent USD? The new Benzes are highly coveted in Asia, the new McLaren costs over $1,000,000 in Vietnam (see cars thread, cars in Vietnam) www.skyscrapercity.com

Thank you for keeping us alert with posts like this one, I never read anything about this before, this is the first I heard about it. And I do give the newspapers a look almost every day.

Jim B.
No Jim not rubbing it in, actually jsut changed my signature and did not realize it would come out so big.

Right hand drive here in the land of Milk and Honey. The tag number is a temporary, new one does not come until after the first of the year OR I could register now and get 2006 in the registration book.

USD 110,000 - IDR 1,070,000,000 but has just about all the Avantgarde options (including the DVD monitor in the backseat) you can get, I also get 3 years of full service and warranty, all I have to do is put tires on it and gas in it for 3 years, everything is covered by the warranty I negotiated..

Shit I give up reading the Jakarta Post it comes to the house every mornng but I scan the front page and never open it, get most of my news off the net, more factual and less opinions.

Last edited by Jakarta Expat; 12-10-2006 at 06:35 AM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 06:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1997 S320 LWB
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
The woman is and always will be a ditz.............
When someone proposes legislation like: "Establish a permanent collection of rapper Tupac Shakur's recordings at the National Archives and calling for a federal investigation into his killing." you have to wonder why she's even there.
Yeah she lost me at "Tupac". She needs go get back to being what she really is. We do need someone that can be taken more serioiusly to bring up some of the other issues she addressed.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 07:09 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerW140
Yeah she lost me at "Tupac". She needs go get back to being what she really is. We do need someone that can be taken more serioiusly to bring up some of the other issues she addressed.
It takes somebody like her to bring up that stuff because serious people know it is a crock of monkey crap.

I do wish she had retained her seat.

B
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 07:57 AM
Always Remembered RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
It takes somebody like her to bring up that stuff because serious people know it is a crock of monkey crap.

I do wish she had retained her seat.

B
WHY!!!??? Are you impressed with her character as she's revealed it, or am I missing something? (Sarcasm maybe?)
'
PS, if I were you I'd wactchitwith those "monkey" allusions or else the PC people will be all over you like, uh, let's say butter on bread.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 09:45 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade
WHY!!!??? Are you impressed with her character as she's revealed it, or am I missing something? (Sarcasm maybe?)
'
PS, if I were you I'd wactchitwith those "monkey" allusions or else the PC people will be all over you like, uh, let's say butter on bread.
she represented someone we wrangle with once in a while on another forum.

in political asylum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in