Should Israel hit Iran's nuclear facilities? - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

View Poll Results: Should Israel hit Iran's nuclear facilities?
Yes, with our permission 5 17.24%
Yes, without our permission 16 55.17%
No, it is a violation of the international security and stability 3 10.34%
F*ck Iran and Israel 7 24.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 119 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 06:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
I was not a teacher when I did those trips.
OK. On a secret agent's expense account, then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 119 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 06:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
I was not a teacher when I did those trips.
Did you bring your Koran, you leftist terrorist traitor who prays for Saddam to rise from his prison cell and defeat us?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #53 of 119 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 06:30 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
Mingled?

Not good enough!

Unless you LIVED with them while in the Peace Corps and where given a native name, you were just another ugly American tourist.

That is what a scruffy Peace Corp rat told me on the shore of Lake Atitlan in Guatemala in order to dispell any feeling I may have that I was doing anything special backpacking up from El Salvador to Mexico. Of course I quickly used a local idiom to basically ask some locals,"Who does this ass-wipe think he is?" in Spanish.

He hit back with, "I refuse to learn the language of the Imperialist, I am learning Caciquel...the Mayan dialect."

Of course the natives thought he was a spoiled kid. They called him "Ricocito" which he thought was the diminutive form of Ricardo because his name was Richard.

(Pobrecito means "poor little thing"...rico is "rich")

I have never met such a self-absorbed person so unaware that he was being mocked.
Did you see the length of stay on those countries? I don't need the Peace Corp for max contact. My step dad did the Peace Corp to avoid Vietnam, he spent two years in Nepal teaching math. He mingled allright and he did chrooms with the locals too
post #54 of 119 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 06:32 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
OK. On a secret agent's expense account, then.
maybe
post #55 of 119 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 06:34 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Did you bring your Koran, you leftist terrorist traitor who prays for Saddam to rise from his prison cell and defeat us?
That would make me a a follower of the Sadomist sect, no not for me
post #56 of 119 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 06:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hey, I'm throwing a "Victory for Hezbollah in Lebanon Party" for all my friends. After we face east to pray to Mecca, we are going to do Jello Shots with the ACLU while we watch gays bang each other as we plan to take God away from the public. You're invited!

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #57 of 119 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 06:43 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Hey, I'm throwing a "Victory for Hezbollah in Lebanon Party" for all my friends. After we face east to pray to Mecca, we are going to do Jello Shots with the ACLU while we watch gays bang each other as we plan to take God away from the public. You're invited!
me
post #58 of 119 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 06:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Can you explain this, then?

"Factual questions about the Iraqi declaration still remain. To date the contents have still not been made public for independent scrutiny.[11] When the UK government was asked to state where in the Iraqi government's declaration there were false or inaccurate statements, the reply was that it was a confidential matter and that "huge quantities of documents remain to be translated."

There has not yet been any proof on record that there were inaccuracies in the declaration. The Iraq Survey Group showed that how little there was to declare anyway, and the small fragments that remain cannot be checked against the document to see if they were listed."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UN_Secu...esolution_1441

And you say "He did not satisfy the requirements of the resolutions to the satisfaction of the Security Council."

How can that be true if the Security Council refused to authorize UN action against Saddam? How can they be satisfied he was not a threat and not satisified at the same time? If what you assert is true, why did the US block a vote on it's own motion to invade Iraq?
Now we're getting legalistic.

In the opinion of the United States, Great Britain, and the other coalition members, additional resolutions were unnecessary and redundant. When one orders compliance, does one then assume that the mere words will force compliance? No, multiple resolutions authorized the coalition to enforce the resolutions, which is why Saddam continued is decade-long dance of 10,00 veils.

No UN member nation has alleged that the invasion was not within the realm of responses authorized from 1991 until 2003.

Bot
post #59 of 119 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 06:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Here's more of 1441.

Deploring the absence, since December 1998, in Iraq of international monitoring, inspection, and verification, as required by relevant resolutions, of weapons of mass destruction and ballistic missiles, in spite of the Council’s repeated demands that Iraq provide immediate, unconditional, and unrestricted access to the United Nations Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission (UNMOVIC), established in resolution 1284 (1999) as the successor organization to UNSCOM, and the IAEA, and regretting the consequent prolonging of the crisis in the region and the suffering of the Iraqi people,

Deploring also that the Government of Iraq has failed to comply with its commitments pursuant to resolution 687 (1991) with regard to terrorism, pursuant to resolution 688 (1991) to end repression of its civilian population and to provide access by international humanitarian organizations to all those in need of assistance in Iraq, and pursuant to resolutions 686 (1991), 687 (1991), and 1284 (1999) to return or cooperate in accounting for Kuwaiti and third country nationals wrongfully detained by Iraq, or to return Kuwaiti property wrongfully seized by Iraq,

Recalling that in its resolution 687 (1991) the Council declared that a ceasefire would be based on acceptance by Iraq of the provisions of that resolution, including the obligations on Iraq contained therein, Determined to ensure full and immediate compliance by Iraq without conditions or restrictions with its obligations under resolution 687 (1991) and other relevant resolutions and recalling that the resolutions of the Council constitute the governing standard of Iraqi compliance,

Recalling that the effective operation of UNMOVIC, as the successor organization to the Special Commission, and the IAEA is essential for the implementation of resolution 687 (1991) and other relevant resolutions, Noting that the letter dated 16 September 2002 from the Minister for Foreign Affairs of Iraq addressed to the Secretary-General is a necessary first step toward rectifying Iraq’s continued failure to comply with relevant Council resolutions,

Noting further the letter dated 8 October 2002 from the Executive Chairman of UNMOVIC and the Director-General of the IAEA to General Al-Saadi of the Government of Iraq laying out the practical arrangements, as a follow-up to their meeting in Vienna, that are prerequisites for the resumption of inspections in Iraq by UNMOVIC and the IAEA, and expressing the gravest concern at the continued failure by the Government of Iraq to provide confirmation of the arrangements as laid out in that letter,

Reaffirming the commitment of all Member States to the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Iraq, Kuwait, and the neighbouring States,

Commending the Secretary-General and members of the League of Arab States and its Secretary-General for their efforts in this regard, Determined to secure full compliance with its decisions,

Acting under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations,

1. Decides that Iraq has been and remains in material breach of its obligations under relevant resolutions, including resolution 687 (1991), in particular through Iraq’s failure to cooperate with United Nations inspectors and the IAEA, and to complete the actions required under paragraphs 8 to 13 of resolution 687 (1991);

2. Decides, while acknowledging paragraph 1 above, to afford Iraq, by this resolution, a final opportunity to comply with its disarmament obligations under relevant resolutions of the Council; and accordingly decides to set up an enhanced inspection regime with the aim of bringing to full and verified completion the disarmament process established by resolution 687 (1991) and subsequent resolutions of the Council;

3. Decides that, in order to begin to comply with its disarmament obligations, in addition to submitting the required biannual declarations, the Government of Iraq shall provide to UNMOVIC, the IAEA, and the Council, not later than 30 days from the date of this resolution, a currently accurate, full, and complete declaration of all aspects of its programmes to develop chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons, ballistic missiles, and other delivery systems such as unmanned aerial vehicles and dispersal systems designed for use on aircraft, including any holdings and precise locations of such weapons, components, subcomponents, stocks of agents, and related material and equipment, the locations and work of its research, development and production facilities, as well as all other chemical, biological, and nuclear programmes, including any which it claims are for purposes not related to weapon production or material;
post #60 of 119 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 06:58 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Oh please gime a break, how many countries have a larger rap sheet than this and are still standing? hell some of them we are funding. Very selective of you Bot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in