President unconcerned - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 08:08 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A person I was talking to said they deserve the same rights to buy the same food as everyone else. I don't believe that for a minute. I believe if you are given food stamps, link cards etc you dont have the same rights as I or anyone else who has a job and spends their money that they earned as they see fit.. Im not saying they dont deserve to eat, but definitly it should be restricted as to the food they can buy.

Any thoughts out there?

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 08:10 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
The food stamp crowd should only be able to buy booze!

okay, booze and rice krispys
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 08:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94
Oh and to top it off today, Im in line to buy some salt for the sidewalk and WTF in front of me is this woman who obviously just got her hair and nails done is buying FUCKING CRABLEGS AND LOBSTER with her "LINK" card and then pays cash for her cigarettes. Im standing there in disbelief, but knowing better how screwed up Illinois is. I pay for my item and what does she get into to? AN Escalade on 22" with her boyfriend? driving with new applied for plates on the back.

Now before I blow a gasket, It would be nice to see RESTRICTIONS placed on what kind of food you can buy with those cards. I dunno, generic only, hamburger not steak or t-bones, select fish...you know stupid stuff so its no so friggen abused.......

Oh well back to work I go....
You should have gotten her plate number. If she owns an asset like that she is not entitled to welfare. If she doesn't it isn't a crime to get a ride to the grocery store in a Cadillac.

Tell me, do you get all worked up over white collar criminals who screw their shareholders out of their life savings? I'll see your million welfare chislers with my one Enron.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 08:44 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
You should have gotten her plate number. If she owns an asset like that she is not entitled to welfare. If she doesn't it isn't a crime to get a ride to the grocery store in a Cadillac.

Tell me, do you get all worked up over white collar criminals who screw their shareholders out of their life savings? I'll see your million welfare chislers with my one Enron.
Yes they both piss me off. Exception is I dont see the corporates screwing me everyday in my face. But I would love to see all of them spend long cold nights in a jail cell. Its too bad that last fuck died before all his assets were taken from him and before he served a day in jail.

And to see our own hometown crook George Ryan out on bond is getting under my skin too!! At least for now his 198k/yr pension is gone!! The criminal seems to be a both ends of the spectrum in greater numbers. A ton who are at the top and bottom while us in the middle routinely get screwed.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 08:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I would suggest some volunteer work at a local soup kitchen. Perhaps you would have more compassion for these people if you had to look them in the face.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 09:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
I would suggest some volunteer work at a local soup kitchen. Perhaps you would have more compassion for these people if you had to look them in the face.
Compassion for those who abuse the system. No thanks. I do plenty of charity work for those who deserve it. And I do look them in the face. Those who truely need it, Im fine with that. If you read what I wrote, its those that take advantage and play it to their wanton needs. Its far easier for alot of those who have free housing, free food etc to never to have to aspire to work a single day in their lives because everything is owed to them by the big bad ol government.

Sorry FTL, I only feel sorry for those who need the assistance to get back to where they were or trying to get off the system they were raised on and those who can not help themselves be it through mental illness, mentally handicapped and the like.

Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in