Journalists have no morality, PM's wife tells students - DR are you a jounalist? - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Journalists have no morality, PM's wife tells students - DR are you a jounalist?

Journalists have no morality, PM's wife tells students

By Jo Lo Dico and Francis Elliott

Published: 26 November 2006

Cherie Blair has launched an extraordinary attack on the media claiming there is "no professional morality in journalism".
The Prime Minister's wife took her revenge on a profession that has bedevilled her for years when invited to address students at Roehampton University on Wednesday.
She told a stunned audience that it was "not a noble calling" and journalists "have no ethics". Then, Mrs Blair - who was at the university in south-west London to open its Human Rights Centre - turned her attention to the Daily Mail and the Press Complaints Commission.
Since the latter has repeatedly failed to uphold the Blairs' complaints about the former, Mrs Blair's words - "the pathetic PCC dominated by the Daily Mail - are not, perhaps, surprising.
Her spokeswoman yesterday sought to play down the incident. "Mrs Blair was merely playing devil's advocate to stimulate discussion amongst the students."
But the students say the PM's wife delivered a "rant" and they weren't given an opportunity to defend their putative trade.
Mrs Blair had been invited to join the university chancellor, John Simpson, as the BBC's world affairs editor addressed a small group of journalism students. One student, Lya Pfaffli, said: "I think we were all quite taken aback at her complete lack of tact and diplomacy... she was in a room with at least three, reputedly ethical, journalists.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/pol...cle2016131.ece
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 10:46 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
She is a fine one to talk about 'professional morality', capitalising as she does at every opportunity on her position as wife to the Prime Minister. She does however have a slightly better record in regard to her stance on human rights. The sight of her ugly mush turns my stomach though.
Attached Images

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 12:12 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
She is a fine one to talk about 'professional morality', capitalising as she does at every opportunity on her position as wife to the Prime Minister. She does however have a slightly better record in regard to her stance on human rights. The sight of her ugly mush turns my stomach though.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Turning to page 3 of the Sun...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 05:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Your politics and you are more than welcome to have them.

However, I wish more politicians had the following complaint leveled about them: lack of tact and diplomacy.

"One student, Lya Pfaffli, said: "I think we were all quite taken aback at her complete lack of tact and diplomacy... she was in a room with at least three, reputedly ethical, journalists."

IMO tact and diplomacy are over-rated. I'd rather have blunt and direct under most circumstance. Like Chavez' speech at the UN. I'm glad he spoke as he did. I believe he said exactly what he thinks. Is there any doubt anywhere about Chavez? That is a good thing. I wish the same could be said of the leadership of my country.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 05:07 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
^^^^

This is part of what I find unacceptable-She is NOT a politician. The spouse of a Premier in this country has no official status at all.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 05:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
^^^^

This is part of what I find unacceptable-She is NOT a politician. The spouse of a Premier in this country has no official status at all.
Neither does ours and the same for our "retired" politicians. It used to be that retired presidents and senior politicians shut-up and raised chickens or served on philanthropic advisory boards of ancient trusts.

But WTF? They cannot help theselves. There's a microphone and they got nothing else to do.

B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in