Police kill unarmed groom - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 07:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Contact this number and leave a message if you dont believe. 815-465-2151 or 815-465-2131. Feel free to stay in England and criticize the US.

Cascade:

Yes unfortunatly many people see it this way including many officers. All they see is the worst in people and begin to believe it. But they are making amends on trying to fix that.

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 08:01 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94
Contact this number and leave a message if you dont believe. 815-465-2151 or 815-465-2131. Feel free to stay in England and criticize the US.

Cascade:

Yes unfortunatly many people see it this way including many officers. All they see is the worst in people and begin to believe it. But they are making amends on trying to fix that.
Would you care to point out where I have criticised the USA? I have no time for your current administration, but it would seem that view is shared by at least 65% of your citizens.
However, I have witnessed bad policing in just about every country I have ever visited. In the third world, poor standards might be expected, if not excused but in Britain or America our police should be standard bearers for all the democracy and justice that we attempt to export and impose on nations which we consider to be inferior.
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 08:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

I agree it does occur here and every country and that is sad. The problem tends to stem from the fact corruption ineptitude etc are from the hiring of "less than stellar" applicants. There are studies(ill have to look for them) that shows that the amount of problems drop dramtically when they only take people who have a 2 or 4 year degree. The problem herein lies that the pay often times doesnt match the education and it becomes a catch 22. Then taxes needed to be raised and we all know how much we all enjoy that.

I cant point to you criticizing the US as you are right that you admonish this administration over and over again and led myself to wrongly believe you didnt like the US either. My appologies.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 08:21 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 1990 300E
Its just so damn easy to take the time to play Monday morning quaterback when you have all the time in the world.

In a split second, life or death decisions are made by law enforcement. Until Robocop is employed morons who point toy guns at cops, try to run them over, attempt to take the officers gun....will DIE. Oh gee he was a groom ...the dirtbag will never argue with his wife.

Walk into a liquor store at midnight with your hands in your jacket......if you were the guy behind the counter what would you do?? Of course you would never think it may be your last day on earth.....BULL$HIT.
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 08:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Two blacks, two whites and one Hispanic, were the officers firing on the car, hardly racially motivated.

Thomas Jefferson
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Boring Cars...meh!

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 81 280E, 84 500SEC, 87 560, 89 "300E", 91 500SL, 15 E350 4Matic Estate, 71 BMW 2002, +others
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Two blacks,
Uncle Tom's

Quote:
two whites
No explaination needed.

Quote:
and one Hispanic, were the officers firing on the car, hardly racially motivated.
Don't know much about how well black's and Hispanics get along do you

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c328/nutz4benz/W123/6C3A9CA5-EDFF-4834-8125-34B70B20A676_zpsiyesrawz.jpg
post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 09:17 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
ARE YOU FCUKING LOONEY TOO??!!! Yes in situations thats what it calls for, thats why we carry a gun. IF someone is about to kill, maim(sp?) do great bodily harm are any NUMBER of different things to someone else, we judge the situation, we answer to our training and we pull the trigger often times killing a person. What part of that dont you understand??
Just a question for you:
If you carry a gun, and are trained to use it as well as being trained to judge various dangerous situations, why is it the first excuse you hear out of a cops mouth when he is on camera is : I was afraid for my life?"
It doesn't seem to matter if there is one cop on the scene, or 20, the answer is almost always the same. I guess the question comes from the impression that the Police are almost always the people in control and withe the firepower, yet the same answer, " I was afraid."
If the Police are always that afraid for their lives, why keep the job? I think I would have to find another line of work.
Hey, I'm not trying to pile on, but that question has always bothered me......

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 02:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

I don't know Bruce. I have been in some scary situations, but have never fired my weapon on duty other than to kill a deer that was hit by a car. I think often times it is lack of experience but I cant be one to asnswer that question.

A friend of mine killed a latin king a few months back, but the situation was a high speed pursuit in a stolen auto, then he ran from the car with a 45 in his hand. He was cordoned off but refused to drop his weapon and he told the police they would have to kill him before he dropped his gun. Unfortunatly the suspect raised his gun at the officers and it was over. It was on video which is good for my friend, but he has been bothered still for taking a another persons life. And on top of that the LKs made a statement that no officer or thier families in Kankakee County are safe until they kill one of us. Needless to say that puts you on more of an alerted state of mind.

Too what most people dont know is how many officers are killed every year via ambush or are sniped while driving their car. LA and your major metropolitan areas have a higher degree of probability of that occuring. But again officers from all over the US and around the world are killed every year.

Again I dont want to answer for those officers that say that. Although crime is realitivly high around here we have very few shootings involving officers. We had a officer gunned down about 10 years ago because the suspect didnt want a ticket. He was apprehended and is now serving life in jail.

I guess too for all of you reading this far, is I know I get a head of steam going when officers are attacked and I take that personally at times knowing there isnt anyone that I know of on this board to defend our professsion. Im not saying it is without fault but I think most officers do a fine job given thier parameters.

Chris

Thomas Jefferson
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 03:36 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
^^^^^^^^

So is the 'financial advisor' you mention in your profile something you do moonlighting?
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 07:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Honestly I do that full time if you need to know. I went to Northern Illinois University and recieved a BS in Management with a double minor in finance and marketing. After graduation I went full time as an officer and after a couple of years realized it wasnt what I wanted to subject my family to on a full time basis and decided to use my eductation in Financial Planning while still working as an officer pt time(Illinois is one of the few states that still allow this). So there is my story.

Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in