Iraq: Civil War? WayTooEarlyToTell? - Page 30 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #291 of 318 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 02:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I must say to disrupt this thread that my use, knowledge and understanding of the english language grows everyday by reading these threads, I had felt that I was loosing all that I had gained throughout school. I must thank all of you who continue to use less common and/or less used words from our language to discuss the points of dispute we place in these threads. I felt the need to go back to college to immerse myself so as to have better control and use of our great language but no longer feel the need after reading many of these posts!!

Thanks!!

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #292 of 318 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 02:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
The point is, YOU don't see the stupidity of your last number of posts. You have contradicted yourself, back stepped, and presented bogus data. You say that DC is safer then Baghdad, then you say it's tempting fate to go into those areas. Do you have a clue as to what you're talking about, our do you just like to see your name on a post?

Again you have this screwed up, try and pay attention. If DC is so much safer then Iraq, you should be able to go anywhere at any time. You have just admitted that this is not the case. People have been attacked and mugged on the Mall for Pete's sake.......
Speaking of throwing money down a pit, do you have ANY idea how much money has been spent in DC in the last six years? The leadership in DC is democrap as you should know, all they want is more money, and nobody knows where it's going. The parallels with Iraq and Baghdad are far closer then you are willing to admit, the only real differance is that there are no IED's, but I expect that any day now.
Bruce, you are just plain stupid, a ranter who never backs up what he says. Well, here is how it is done. Here are the crime stats for DC, for the last three decades or so:

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/dccrime.htm

Here are the stats for Baghdad for the month of October. If you totalled up the murder rate for DC for the last thirty years, you would not come close to what happened in Baghdad over four weeks, and those are just the bodies turned into the morgue:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/iraq_deat...NlYwNtcm5ld3M-

Here is where you are getting the AM radio fascist lies you are trying to shove up our ass here on Benzworld, from last week's Rush Limbaugh show:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200611300002

You either don't know what fuck you're talking about, or you a deceitful liar, which is shockingly similiar to the assertion our President is either a fool or a liar.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #293 of 318 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 02:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
What's the matter Brucie, the pain killer from the VA is not strong enough? Hence the reason going back and forth Anacostia?

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204

Last edited by elau; 12-01-2006 at 11:23 PM.
post #294 of 318 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 08:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16000477/

51 dead yesterday in Baghdad. How many in D.C. again?

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #295 of 318 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 07:37 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Must be some pretty bad parks in Baghdad.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #296 of 318 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 07:51 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94
I must say to disrupt this thread that my use, knowledge and understanding of the english* language grows everyday by reading these threads, I had felt that I was loosing** all that I had gained throughout school. ...........

Thanks!!
*'English'
** 'losing'
post #297 of 318 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 08:15 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Bruce, you are just plain stupid, a ranter who never backs up what he says. Well, here is how it is done. Here are the crime stats for DC, for the last three decades or so:

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/dccrime.htm

Here are the stats for Baghdad for the month of October. If you totalled up the murder rate for DC for the last thirty years, you would not come close to what happened in Baghdad over four weeks, and those are just the bodies turned into the morgue:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/iraq_deat...NlYwNtcm5ld3M-

Here is where you are getting the AM radio fascist lies you are trying to shove up our ass here on Benzworld, from last week's Rush Limbaugh show:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200611300002

You either don't know what fuck you're talking about, or you a deceitful liar, which is shockingly similiar to the assertion our President is either a fool or a liar.
It would appear that you are no smarter them your dumbass, mindless water carrier. The Brookings Institute used 2005 numbers, the "war years" for DC were 1988 through 1996, see how those numbers work for you, and you might want to keep in mind that Richmond, VA's numbers are worse still. You might also want to keep in mind Pennsylvania and Delaware aren't supplying ammo and IED's to the DC underground, and in fact firearms aren't allowed in DC. More to the point THERE IS NO SECTARIAN WAR GOING ON IN DC, THERE IS IN BAGHDAD.
I didn't pick up anything from the Limbaugh show, I live in the area, it's as obvious as the nose on your face if you live here.
As far as who is stupid around here, You didn't pick up the "Garbage Man" sobriquet for no reason. Liars and name callers are a dime a dozen around here, and you lead the bunch, so don't even think about calling anyone else a "kettle".

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #298 of 318 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 08:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
*'English'
** 'losing'
You have had your share of typos, can't I too???

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #299 of 318 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 08:38 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau
What's the matter Brucie, the pain killer from the VA is not strong enough? Hence the reason going back and forth Anacostia?
It's fairly obvious that your reading skills are no better then your writing skills.
( 1 ) There is no VA hospital in Anacostia that I am aware of.
( 2 ) I never said I was going to and from Anacostia, I went THROUGH it.

Quote:
You are projecting your own expectations. Look at the number of posts you have, you; appear is the attention whore here. Get a life outside of this virtual world. Maybe you see what reality you have been missing.
( 1 ) You have a problem with my post count? I have been here since 1998, it should be a lot higher. You might also notice that I am a host, that tends to require I be here some of the time.
( 2 ) Don't even THINK about trying a personal attack, I can dish it out quite nicely
Quote:
You still think this goddamn Iraq fiasco is something proud to speak of. I attribute your sick minds from one too many bomb blasts you received in 'Nam.
Thanks for thinking I have more then one mind, but like most, I only have one.
As for what happened in Vietnam, at least I can say I served this country proudly, and I'm not just a leech drawing off what others have done for me. Paying taxes hardly is the same as putting your life on the line, now is it ......

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #300 of 318 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 07:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
It's fairly obvious that your reading skills are no better then your writing skills.
( 1 ) There is no VA hospital in Anacostia that I am aware of.
( 2 ) I never said I was going to and from Anacostia, I went THROUGH it.
As I said, not in the Service and really don't give a rat's arse if there is a VAMC in Anacostia. Going through it, to and from it, what's the difference? You were there, weren't you?

Quote:
( 1 ) You have a problem with my post count? I have been here since 1998, it should be a lot higher. You might also notice that I am a host, that tends to require I be here some of the time.
( 2 ) Don't even THINK about trying a personal attack, I can dish it out quite nicely
That's why you need to take a break from the virtual world. I don't need to personal attack you. You already showed us you are a Limbaugh follower, a hypocritical confused Conservative. That enough for me.

Keep blowing your won horn. No one is impressed.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in