Iraq: Civil War? WayTooEarlyToTell? - Page 15 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 318 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 02:19 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Reaching for an ever-higher level of honest discourse, the previous 3-4 posts exemplify the best of modern liberalism when faced with an opposing point of view.

B
Bot it will be nice when you oppose an idea that you come up with one of your own. Apparently you just love to put in your useless comments to make a useless point. Everyone is wrong and you are right! Unfortunately, right about what? You never proposed from your own thoughts a solution to this mess. You always run to some article in attempt to portrait yourself as an intellectual, hell you even start thread with articles and never put in your opinion as if the article is an absolute and represents your point of view. I may not be the most eloquent one here but at least whenever I post I try to suggest a solution or simply ask questions.
Now if you want us to disappear because we are annoying you with useless posting then maybe you should ignore us and stop accusing us of the only insult you know that is liberalism.
DP is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #142 of 318 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
Rrrrrrrright...as opposed to your ever-so-honest obfuscate and weave approach to discourse. As always, you're A-Ok and above the fray.
I think you're sharpshooting again. Other than evidence, facts and the high ground, it's apparently all you have left.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #143 of 318 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Cruise Control
 
Zeitgeist's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Location: Cascadia
Posts: 51,729
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
I think you're sharpshooting again. Other than evidence, facts and the high ground, it's apparently all you have left.
My disability status is duly noted.
Zeitgeist is offline  
post #144 of 318 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 03:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Bot it will be nice when you oppose an idea that you come up with one of your own. Apparently you just love to put in your useless comments to make a useless point. Everyone is wrong and you are right! Unfortunately, right about what? You never proposed from your own thoughts a solution to this mess. You always run to some article in attempt to portrait yourself as an intellectual, hell you even start thread with articles and never put in your opinion as if the article is an absolute and represents your point of view. I may not be the most eloquent one here but at least whenever I post I try to suggest a solution or simply ask questions.
Now if you want us to disappear because we are annoying you with useless posting then maybe you should ignore us and stop accusing us of the only insult you know that is liberalism.
My goodness, more of the same, I'm shocked, shocked.

Perhaps you haven't read as much of what I have written as you think you have because on several occasions I have written exactly why I support the deposing of Saddam Hussein. My having posted that line of argument on several occasions is why those folks of such generous and liberal spirit as FTL, Jim whatsisname, and Zitgrease make reference to my avaricious and piratical love of petroleum.

First of all, I don't vote for a candidate because I like him or he seems like a great guy. I vote for him if I think he has a better chance of advancing my particular goals than any of his competitors. I think it was Harry Truman who said about politics, "If you want a friend, buy a dog." I agree with his attitude.

It was in 1992 that I had an epiphanic moment in which I realized that restricting myself to voting for candidates in either of the two parties was dumb. That was when I quit the Republican Party. I haven't been a party member since. And having read "Washington's Farewell Address" (he was a terrible writer and so it is a PITA to read) I will never again be a party member of any party. But it wasn't until 2004 that I was able to bring myself to vote for 3rd party candidates. I have tried to vote for them ever since and expect to in the future. I think the Republicrats and Demopublicans are poisoning the political process and I want them to fail. You can see examples of party politics right here by watching two posters in particular on OT whose intellectual dishonesty knows no bounds; who will say anything to denigrate their opponent and likewise say anything to make their side's argument seem reasonable -- or at least better than the other side. To me, that is revolting and EXACTLY why I will never support a party for any reason.

Even so, sometimes a policy is one that I like and one party or the other is championing that policy at the moment (though both sides will switch sides when power shifts from one to the other). I like the GWOT and I like environmental regs.

Unfortunately, the major parties embrace one and eschew the other, in like but opposite measure. On this board, people stay upset the longest about the GWOT than any other source of discussion. As a result, some pinheads think that I support one party over the other in all things. I guess that's why I call them "pinheads." They listen to a symphony of two notes and cannot recognize any other.

Bot
Botnst is offline  
post #145 of 318 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 04:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Bruce R.'s Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Location: Near Washington, DC
Posts: 14,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau
Professor,
I beg to differ. Brucie is a chicken shit and won't go there to do the dirty job himself, instead he sends someone's kids do it for him so he can be a keyboard cheer leader.
Say elau, what branch of the Service were you in? I served in Vietnam, Cambodia, Korea, and Thailand to name a few, and you served exactly where? For someone to call another chicken shit, it would indicate that they have already done that kind of job, have you? I volunteered for the Service, I did "the dirty job" can you say the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau
His objective is to ensure that shit goes on for a long time. He is a very sick man.
That's the kind of crap people say when they aren't smart enough to come up with something relevant, so congratulations to you, you just shown yourself as irrelevant.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94


"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Bruce R. is offline  
post #146 of 318 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 04:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Reaching for an ever-higher level of honest discourse, the previous 3-4 posts exemplify the best of modern liberalism when faced with an opposing point of view.

B
Botnst, I haven't seen a single analytical or intellectual post from you on the current situation in Iraq in like, a year, so shut the fuck up.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #147 of 318 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 04:27 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
I think you're sharpshooting again. Other than evidence, facts and the high ground, it's apparently all you have left.
How about shooting in this fashion
http://www.seasonshot.com/Home.cfm
DP is online now  
post #148 of 318 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 04:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Bruce R.'s Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Location: Near Washington, DC
Posts: 14,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau
Brucie, I won't move out because someone has to make sure this country is back on track. If it is being left alone and run by idiots like you, United States of America is still a British colony run by the Red Coats.
Well I'm sure it won't be you, guys like you tend to like the philosophy of "cut and run". Actually the country WAS run by guys like me, people that stand up when the country calls. I was based near the bridge at Concord, Mass. I know what it's all about. I not only can talk the talk, I can walk the walk, can you say the same? I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elau
You have the habit of telling people to move out the country when they don't agree with you, do you? A fvcking typical Repo response and ideology. A clear reflection of their domestic and foreign policies. Your way or the highway. No wonder why this country is heading toward a 3rd world status. Thanks for contributing upstanding citizens such as yourself. Why don't you go look at the mirror and see what a 3rd world soon-to-be citizen looks like? The Repo man is pawning is country away one piece at a time. Remember that and give it some thoughts next time while you are sitting on the shitter.
You're right, I do have a habit of telling people to get out if they don't like it, and for good reason. We have a political system here in the US that allows even the brain dead like you to vote, if you don't like who's in office then you vote (or try to vote) them out. You had two chances to vote Bush out, you and your liberal bonehead buddies couldn't do it so all we hear is incessant whining and complaining. If you don't like the way Bush is doing things, that's tough, you no longer have a choice. Next time vote the Republicans out, or move to Canada or Mexico, in other words, do something about it or get the hell out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elau
Whether the Democrat will do a better job or not, we will have to wait and see. It is still 2 years away from the election, and at least another year to see the new guy's performance. The matter is your party has been doing a shitty job for the last six years. Or you dispute that too? Is $4 trillion national debt not enough evidence?
Shitty job is a matter of opinion, and as far as I'm concerned YOUR opinion doesn't matter. As far as the debt is concerned, you might have noticed we hav a war ongoing, like it or not, they tend to cost money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau
Is a totally out-of-control war not evidence enough? Is the broken border not evidence enough? Is America's lost reputation not evidence enough? Should I keep going since you asked where have I been in your earlier post. Now, I ask you, where the fvck have you been in the last 6 years?
I've been here listening to the whining and complaining that you people have been spewing. It seems as though you complain about things like a broken border, and the Democraps haven't done squat to change anything there either.
Seems like they like the porous border, it give them more voters, and they don't care if they are legal or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elau
Open your eyes and let the sun shines in, you may be pleasantly surprised how much good it does for you intelligence.
If this last sentence is a good example of the kind of intelligence YOUR sun lets in, I think I'll stay on this planet...................

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94


"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Bruce R. is offline  
post #149 of 318 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 04:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Bruce R.'s Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Location: Near Washington, DC
Posts: 14,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Botnst, I haven't seen a single analytical or intellectual post from you on the current situation in Iraq in like, a year, so shut the fuck up.
ATTENTION, ATTENTION, the garbage man has said something very intellectual... Especially the last few words of his comment............

Maybe he should heed his own advise?

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94


"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Bruce R. is offline  
post #150 of 318 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 04:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Botnst, I haven't seen a single analytical or intellectual post from you on the current situation in Iraq in like, a year, so shut the fuck up.

...shocked, shocked.

B
Botnst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Lebanon: Civil War? Maybe! DP Off-Topic 94 12-03-2006 10:18 AM
    But it's not a 'civil war'...... FeelTheLove Off-Topic 13 04-08-2006 07:50 PM
    As CIA predicted over two years ago, result of Iraq election will be civil war FeelTheLove Off-Topic 19 12-29-2005 02:19 PM
    Is a civil war imminent? phaedrus_242 Off-Topic 40 03-04-2005 09:53 PM
    Are we headed for a civil war? sflori Off-Topic 33 11-01-2004 11:39 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome