Anybody notice the slow decline in the USD against the Euro and Sing Dollar - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 05:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gold is no different than any other commodity, it's up it's down. It is however not a currency. Investing in any commodity has risk.

Having said this I must admit I am not an Investment banker, My expertise is in Business development and lending. I get paid to increase the portfolio size of my bank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 05:09 PM
KamiL

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
The leverage will be food and access to health services you said it. We will be working for food rations not money nor gold. We will be given shelters at the wims of whovere controls the food chain down to distribution.
I swear I had a dream once that we will be paid by the number of calories some food provide. Now that I think about it, it's not a far fetched plot. Think about it.
If that occurs I will be laughing at all you guys for making fun of my height. Since I'm only 5'8 and about 145lbs, I would benefit a lot more from that scenario than someone being 6'5 and 300lbs.

I see your point but we can't be getting paid with food forever. Sooner or later there would be thousands of entrepreneurs trying to profit from the situation. I doubt they would want food as their profits, especially if they didn't really need it.

Then again, the best medium of exchange would probably be guns. Heck, if you are starving and you see your neighbors raising chickens I'm sure you would go over there and pop a few bullets. Scary though but once shit hits the fan it becomes survival of the fittest... or smartest.
post #43 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 05:10 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoseyman
Gold is no different than any other commodity, it's up it's down. It is however not a currency. Investing in any commodity has risk.

Having said this I must admit I am not an Investment banker, My expertise is in Business development and lending. I get paid to increase the portfolio size of my bank.
Cool since you are in leading tell this kid about what happens when a bank wants to be liquid.
post #44 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 05:14 PM
KamiL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Cool since you are in leading tell this kid about what happens when a bank wants to be liquid.
I know what happens but like I said before: I have no debt. As a matter of fact, I'm going to post something as proof....I just picked up 2 more checks from Rutgers since they just keep adding scholarships to my account. I literally get checks every 3 weeks or so...but then again, I apply for every freaking scholarship I see out there.
post #45 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 05:15 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamiL
If that occurs I will be laughing at all you guys for making fun of my height. Since I'm only 5'8 and about 145lbs, I would benefit a lot more from that scenario than someone being 6'5 and 300lbs.

I see your point but we can't be getting paid with food forever. Sooner or later there would be thousands of entrepreneurs trying to profit from the situation. I doubt they would want food as their profits, especially if they didn't really need it.

Then again, the best medium of exchange would probably be guns. Heck, if you are starving and you see your neighbors raising chickens I'm sure you would go over there and pop a few bullets. Scary though but once shit hits the fan it becomes survival of the fittest or smartest.
That's exactly it. You are getting it now. Yes the food game will be shrot term until all labor costs in countries that have large natural resources like ours adjust to much lower expectations than what we are used to. I can then see gold or some other commodity replacing food. Your gold that you hoarded would have been long gone for a small bag of rice or in your case toffu.
post #46 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 05:21 PM
KamiL

I get so many that I don't even bother picking them up until they start harassing you with phone calls. I just picked these two up and they are over a month old. I know it may not be much but it's free money. People don't realize how many scholarships there are out there if your GPA is over 3.9.

Basically what happens is that the scholarship places credit my account at Rutgers, but since I already have enough scholarships to cover tuition I get to keep that money and use it for my GOLD investments or whatever else I please.

DELETED CHECKS SINCE PEOPLE WERE DECODING THEM AND FINDING OUT ALL MY INFO...STUPID OF ME TO EVEN POST THEM BUT I DIDN'T KNOW YOU GUYS HAD THIS MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS.....lol

Last edited by KamiL; 11-25-2006 at 05:47 PM.
post #47 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 05:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

I have a good friend that is the head of PNC bank's retail operation in Pittsburgh, I'll have him put a stop on these checks
post #48 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 05:27 PM
KamiL

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoseyman
I have a good friend that is the head of PNC bank's retail operation in Pittsburgh, I'll have him put a stop on these checks
LOL. Why would there be a stop on them? These are perfectly legal and were awarded to me based on merit.
post #49 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 05:28 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
I see that you were at some contest, did you win?
post #50 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 05:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamiL
LOL. Why would there be a stop on them? These are perfectly legal and were awarded to me based on merit.
just to screw with you nah, I believe you and am glad you are getting an education.

But, bankers can be pricks with people's money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in