Some words too bad to use? If you are white they are... - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 08:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill
Saw it this morning. He overstepped imho. If he was a decent standup he might have gotten away with it. All he can do is claim he was doing an Andy Kauffman bit and hope for the best. If you can't handle hecklers get the fuck off the stage.
The guy is mentally ill.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 08:50 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Try Houston, you'll get used to having a lot of black people around in no time. After awhile, you realize they are just like all the rest of us, and in many ways more afraid of us then we are of them.

I'm not talking about just any area with a large percentage of black population, I'm referring to areas where whites are considered to be targets. There are parts of London that are predominently black, but I never feel hostility in those places. Having said that, I do know plenty of women who avoid districts of London specifically for that reason.
post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 08:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

I actually run into more hostility from blacks in the North then in the South. Philadelphia is especially bad, as is D.C. Chicago, Detroitt, very dangerous, but it is caused by drugs, not skin color - and I doubt if white folks would act much different if they lived in Crackland .

New England, on the other hand has the most pleasant black folks in the country.

In the South, whites and blacks have been putting up with each other for a long time, and have developed methods of social interaction that I think will eventually lead to an antithesis of the Old South.

It is also amazing how much things have changed. When I first came to Texas in the early 70s, a black man with a white women riding alone together in a car would pass miles of cars with people giving them the finger, and they were lucky if they didn't get their heads blown off. Things like that are commonplace now, I am seeing more intermarriage in the last few years than I have in my lifetime. The N-word epithet was screamed at them from everywhere up until the mid-80s. Now only over 60 white rednecks use it.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 11-20-2006 at 09:02 PM.
post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 09:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I actually run into more hostility from blacks in the North then in the South. Philadelphia is especially bad, as is D.C. Chicago, Detroitt, very dangerous, but it is caused by drugs, not skin color - and I doubt if white folks would act much different if they lived in Crackland .

New England, on the other hand has the most pleasant black folks in the country.

In the South, whites and blacks have been putting up with each other for a long time, and have developed methods of social interaction that I think will eventually lead to an antithesis of the Old South.

It is also amazing how much things have changed. When I first came to Texas in the early 70s, a black man with a white women riding alone together in a car would pass miles of cars with people giving them the finger, and they were lucky if they didn't get their heads blown off. Things like that are commonplace now, I am seeing more intermarriage in the last few years than I have in my lifetime. The N-word epithet was screamed at them from everywhere up until the mid-80s. Now only over 60 white rednecks use it.
very true.. the bums down south actually have manners.. please and thank you and may i bother you for a dollar.. i was pretty amazed.. the brotha's from up here would have those down there for lunch..

as to NE.. hmmm.. have you ever been to springfield mass? friendly to a cracker.. yeah. only if you want to talk b-ball.

in political asylum
post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 09:55 AM
CH4S Artist

Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
[QUOTE=deathrattle]Looked at Zimbabwe recently??[/QUOT
Searching for Lenny Bruce?

Racism is often a two way street, as disposessed white farmers well know. Robert Mugabe's ZANU has turned this former agricultural exporter and jewel of Africa into a desperate state of collapse. He rather watches his people starve, than allow foreign aid into the Country, which would be an admission of his failed policies. The Zimbabwe currency was devalued by taking off three zeros! Thomas Mapfumo, whose protest songs were instrumental in etting rid of white supremacy, is now in the fore front of the Mugabe oppositon. Mugabe is in Tehran for hand outs from Ahmadinejad. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,231021,00.html
Attached Images

post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 10:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1997 S320 LWB
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Way off here man. There are many predominantly black neighborhoods where no white sane man or woman should tread in Florida. Of course these area's are "pockets" rather then all over. A few years ago we even had a race riot in Saint Petersburg, FL. and there are public KKK meetings in the town hall. Racism is far from over.
post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:

I would say that New England has some of the most pleasant folks in the country , I had a great time when living in Exeter and Newmarket . Not so in Miyammmmmie
post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Premium Member

Date registered: Jan 2006
Vehicle: Nice, Fast, Luxurious.
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Premium Member
Two Ugly Negres!

[QUOTE=Teutone]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
Looked at Zimbabwe recently??[/QUOT
Searching for Lenny Bruce?

Racism is often a two way street, as disposessed white farmers well know. Robert Mugabe's ZANU has turned this former agricultural exporter and jewel of Africa into a desperate state of collapse. He rather watches his people starve, than allow foreign aid into the Country, which would be an admission of his failed policies. The Zimbabwe currency was devalued by taking off three zeros! Thomas Mapfumo, whose protest songs were instrumental in etting rid of white supremacy, is now in the fore front of the Mugabe oppositon. Mugabe is in Tehran for hand outs from Ahmadinejad. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,231021,00.html
These men are the epitome of unsexy. How can they seduce women? They must be Master Baiters.

Mi$ter Right.
post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 05:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerW140
Way off here man. There are many predominantly black neighborhoods where no white sane man or woman should tread in Florida. Of course these area's are "pockets" rather then all over. A few years ago we even had a race riot in Saint Petersburg, FL. and there are public KKK meetings in the town hall. Racism is far from over.
Oh, I agree - Jacksonville is especially bad, and there are all kinds of places in Dallas and Houston one should not venture into. But what I was speaking of is the emerging black middle class in the South, and generally black folks from rural areas. Politeness is actually valued in their culture a great deal.

post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 05:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag
I would say that New England has some of the most pleasant folks in the country , I had a great time when living in Exeter and Newmarket . Not so in Miyammmmmie
I was born in Exeter, raised in a little town outside of there called Raymond, which I am sure you must be familiar with. It is amazing how friendliness disappears once you cross the Mass border, and Vermonters hate outsiders. Maine and New Hampshire are the friendly places in New England. The further south you go, the nastier people get.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in