WTF, dems were supposed to be for a "better" change... - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
I hear Bermuda has WMDs. Anyone game?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
I have yet to hear one reason or explanation that makes any sense on how our troops "are defending me" in Iraq. It is there you will find the essence of suckerdom. Anyone who thinks they are in Iraq doing that is a chump.
I knew before I posted that you would pick out something in order to avoid the point . . . here's the thing, I am not commenting on whether it is a good war or bad or bad management of a good war. No matter which of those you think is true, the soldiers doing their jobs do not deserve the chump label. They don't get to choose their battles.
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 10:44 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieSilberBenz
B) There would had been sufficient troops and equipment available for governance and security after the invasion - which is the crux of the problem now - if your ol' bud Fat/Slick/Adulterer Willy had not reduced DOD funds as a matter of policy - such actions are not easily or quickly corrected - and therefore I say that, his miscalculations notwithstanding, Rumsfeld would have had a much better hand of cards to begin the game (I don't use that word lightly in referring to the war which has taken too many lives on both sides). Your reference to success I'm sure applies only to the actual initial overthrow, and the answer to that is there WERE enough troops to get that job done, but because of the Clinton administration we're in a situation now where the military is spread just too damn thin.
Let's make this one point clear. Our failure in Iraqi is not all about not having enough troops. The biggest mistake, first off, was our idiot management disbanded the Iraqi army and police who could have shoulder much of the burdens our troop face in all major Iraqi cities.

Quote:
C) Considering just about every politician in both parties from Ketchup Kerry and Hillary on up "speechified" about Hussein's WMDs, what's your point? I'd rather proceed with the belief that he had WMDs and be pleasantly surprised that he didn't, than to hope there weren't and have to call home for a hundred thousand body bags. But what do I know?
Based on what you said, you don't know sh!t. I have some beach front properties in Arizona to sell you. Is that why you supported the war? Based on belief? What a fvcking weak argument. And by the way, don't pretend supporting the troops. Base on your argument, your support is like throwing them under the bus.

Quote:
Re dancing in the streets: Anyone who believes the people who are our enemies in Iraq and Afghanistan will pack up and go home for dinner if we bug out is a fool. Do you not know that Pakistan is likely one of their next major focuses (foci? foca?) and its nuclear weapons will give the terrorists unthinkable ability for real - not imaginary - mass destruction? Are you ignorant about what could happen within Iran? I said this once and here it is again, reworded a bit: The candidates that America's enemies would have voted for have been elected.
I don't recall anyone ever mentioned peace will return if we pull out. Those fvcking ragheads have been killing each other for centuries, sometime over a piece of bread. It is our own stupidity to stick our noses into their affairs.

There are much more you don't know. Why pretend?

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 11:00 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman
I knew before I posted that you would pick out something in order to avoid the point . . . here's the thing, I am not commenting on whether it is a good war or bad or bad management of a good war. No matter which of those you think is true, the soldiers doing their jobs do not deserve the chump label. They don't get to choose their battles.
If I sold someone a piece of shitty swampland, and they responded by putting yellow ribbons on their cars saying how proud they are of living in a swamp, then they are chumps.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 11:20 AM
RFC

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthily
If I sold someone a piece of shitty swampland, and they responded by putting yellow ribbons on their cars saying how proud they are of living in a swamp, then they are chumps.
WHAT?
Nooooo, your not stupid at all!!!
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
What is a "Filthily"?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 11:50 AM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
And, as always, you avoid the point . . . plainly speaking, our soldiers are not chumps. I used to think you were an instigator, but now I see you just don't get it. You are so blinded by your rabid hatred for the war that your judgement has been impaired, and you've let it spill over onto the soldiers who are doing their jobs.
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 12:08 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman
And, as always, you avoid the point . . . plainly speaking, our soldiers are not chumps. I used to think you were an instigator, but now I see you just don't get it. You are so blinded by your rabid hatred for the war that your judgement has been impaired, and you've let it spill over onto the soldiers who are doing their jobs.
lol
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 12:18 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 2006 SLK350
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There are hundreds of thousands of young men and women serving their country all over the world on a daily basis. To claim that they are all poor/stupid/had no other alternative is just about the dumbest statement I've ever heard.

I realize it is a stretch for some of you, but patriatism is a big factor in many of these people joining, and reenlisting. It's sure a hell not the pay or living conditions. Until you've done a six month cruise, or lived in some of the barracks/base housing that these folks put up with in some not very pleasant places in the world you really can't appreciate what they do for you.

Living in your mothers basement with no idea of what the real world is all about and then calling these people chumps is really a cheap shot.

2006 SLK350
Something Silver

“I’m sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you’re not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we’re Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration.”
- Hillary Clinton
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 01:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FTL you do realize that no one is forced to go into the military and by all standards the personel in the our Great Armed Forces, are better educated, wealthier, and more rural on avererage than their civilian peers. Hmmmmm and you want to call them chumps?

They go into the service to protect our asses, yet they do not get to choose the battles they are sent to fight. Your name calling often has me quesitoning your own intelligence and/or age, but makes me laugh none the less.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Nat...y/cda06-09.cfm

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by BadBenz94; 11-20-2006 at 01:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in