One of the soldiers in Haditha massacre pleads guilty - Page 8 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 07:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Strike one.

I would like ONE that shows ANYONE claiming the attack on 9/11 was linked to Iraq.

The article you post is a perfect example of twisting what has been established.

From the 9/11 report:

Al Qaeda also forged alliances with the National Islamic Front in the Sudan and with the government of Iran and its associated terrorist group Hezballah for the purpose of working together against their perceived common enemies in the West, particularly the United States. In addition, al Qaeda reached an understanding with the government of Iraq that al Qaeda would not work against that government and that on particular projects, specifically including weapons development, al Qaeda would work cooperatively with the Government of Iraq.

Cheney says that Al Quaeda and Iraq had ties. They absolutely did. But it takes an irresponsible liberal journalist to make the leap to Iraq= 9/11. Unfortunately there are plenty of them who will oblige.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 07:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
He actually did say it during the first Bush/Kerry debate. I remember gasping as I couldn't believe my ears. Kerry actually had to remind him who Osama Bin Laden was...
Post a quote.
post #73 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
They absolutely did? What the hell do you base that on? And what are "ties" anyway? How about something called "evidence" instead of the bath of bullshit you people have subjected this nation to, a bath the country now rejects? This isn't the fucking Soviet Union, assholes, leave your fucking "ties" for the shithead shows.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #74 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 08:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
I think Dave is going to ask you to prove it, I can see it coming right now. Am I wrong Dave? Do you want me to dig for some more on this topic, just for you?
Absolutely.

Post a quote where Cheney says something other than Sadaam/Iraq were link to AL QUAEDA. Which is a fact.

Al Quaeda does not equal 9/11.
post #75 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 08:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
They absolutely did? What the hell do you base that on? And what are "ties" anyway? How about something called "evidence" instead of the bath of bullshit you people have subjected this nation to, a bath the country now rejects? This isn't the fucking Soviet Union, assholes, leave your fucking "ties" for the shithead shows.
You have your religious beliefs, and I won't waste my time challenging them.
post #76 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 08:05 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
Absolutely.

Post a quote where Cheney says something other than Sadaam/Iraq were link to AL QUAEDA. Which is a fact.

Al Quaeda does not equal 9/11.
Again you are twisting what we started on because you can't accept the fact that you are wrong on this issue.
If you read my post again maybe you will understand what's in it, maybe you missread it and now you are going on a path where FTL, Shane and GS are going to roast you.
I clearly stated that a good majority of the people were and maybe are still under the impression that Iraq was linked to 911. Can you deny this?
post #77 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
Post a quote.
LEHRER: Mr. President, new question. Two minutes. Does the Iraq experience make it more likely or less likely that you would take the United States into another preemptive military action?

BUSH: I would hope I never have to. I understand how hard it is to commit troops. Never wanted to commit troops. When I was running -- when we had the debate in 2000, never dreamt I'd be doing that.

But the enemy attacked us, Jim, and I have a solemn duty to protect the American people, to do everything I can to protect us.

I think that by speaking clearly and doing what we say and not sending mixed messages, it is less likely we'll ever have to use troops.

But a president must always be willing to use troops. It must -- as a last resort.

I was hopeful diplomacy would work in Iraq. It was falling apart. There was no doubt in my mind that Saddam Hussein was hoping that the world would turn a blind eye.

And if he had been in power, in other words, if we would have said, "Let the inspectors work, or let's, you know, hope to talk him out. Maybe an 18th resolution would work," he would have been stronger and tougher, and the world would have been a lot worse off. There's just no doubt in my mind we would rue the day, had Saddam Hussein been in power.

So we use diplomacy every chance we get, believe me. And I would hope to never have to use force.

But by speaking clearly and sending messages that we mean what we say, we've affected the world in a positive way.

Look at Libya. Libya was a threat. Libya is now peacefully dismantling its weapons programs.

Libya understood that America and others will enforce doctrine and that the world is better for it.

So to answer your question, I would hope we never have to. I think by acting firmly and decisively, it will mean it is less likely we have to use force.

LEHRER: Senator Kerry, 90 seconds.

KERRY: Jim, the president just said something extraordinarily revealing and frankly very important in this debate. In answer to your question about Iraq and sending people into Iraq, he just said, "The enemy attacked us."

Saddam Hussein didn't attack us. Osama bin Laden attacked us. Al Qaida attacked us.
And when we had Osama bin Laden cornered in the mountains of Tora Bora, 1,000 of his cohorts with him in those mountains. With the American military forces nearby and in the field, we didn't use the best trained troops in the world to go kill the world's number one criminal and terrorist.

They outsourced the job to Afghan warlords, who only a week earlier had been on the other side fighting against us, neither of whom trusted each other.

That's the enemy that attacked us. That's the enemy that was allowed to walk out of those mountains. That's the enemy that is now in 60 countries, with stronger recruits.

He also said Saddam Hussein would have been stronger. That is just factually incorrect. Two-thirds of the country was a no-fly zone when we started this war. We would have had sanctions. We would have had the U.N. inspectors. Saddam Hussein would have been continually weakening.

If the president had shown the patience to go through another round of resolution, to sit down with those leaders, say, "What do you need, what do you need now, how much more will it take to get you to join us?" we'd be in a stronger place today.

LEHRER: Thirty seconds.

BUSH: First of all, of course I know Osama bin Laden attacked us. I know that.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #78 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

If you read that quote honestly, Bush is stating that Iraq is the enemy, and that the enemy attacked us. I wasn't the only person who gasped when he said that. It was echoed through the entire audience. Even giving Bush every shadow of a doubt, he is going to great lengths to obfuscate these distinct issues.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #79 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 08:23 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
And there was an audience that believed him, are you going to deny that too Dave?
post #80 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
I clearly stated that a good majority of the people were and maybe are still under the impression that Iraq was linked to 911. Can you deny this?
I recall poll numbers in late 2004, which indicated a majority of Americans believed that Saddam Hussein was complicit in the 9/11 attack. Those numbers were the result of a brilliant propaganda campaign orchestrated by the Bush administration. I suspect that future college textbooks will chronicle this campaign as a learning tool for future generations.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in