One of the soldiers in Haditha massacre pleads guilty - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFC
I think they were bottle feed as infants and both parents smoked.
Then as a youth they sat to close to the TV and as teens they
listened RAP music backward on their Cd's.
Any one who does a crime thinks they well be caught don't they?
What do you think?
I think you are just some ass who comes around here to insult people and adds nothing to any discussion because you've got a small, make that very small, intellect. You are your own joke man.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 11-16-2006 at 06:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
So Shane agrees that "One of the soldiers in Haditha massacre pleads guilty" ?

The river of denial is deep.

Free speech? Lying about the staus of the Haditha case?

Sure, you are free to parrot FTL's lies.
Did I get the location wrong? Sorry, wrong fucking massacre. You want to bet a steak dinner on the other one?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #53 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94
I don't agree with that at all Destoyer. Killing still takes self will in the sense of killing an unarmed, non threatening persons, much less a 5 year old child. I believe he was sick in the mind before this occured. If your theory was the case then this would be pandemic throughout this and all wars.

How could you say the war was the causation when 10s of thousands if not more women are raped every year here in the US and many of those are killed as well. Was it because they saw alot of death around them and didnt think anyone would notice?
Do you have any proof of the figures you cite?

post #54 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 06:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: E320
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
REGARDLESS...

you are trained to be mentally capable of killing in the military. any individual has free will. wether they are a sexual deviant trying to hide a crime, or just oppertunistic. debating that subject has no resolution whatsoever. it doesn't change the fact they commited the crime, and any punishment will not compensate for reaping a living thing of it's most basic right to live. in fact, none of this is thread is going to enable any progression towards anything. i'm sure the intentions of posting were to simply state the "news" on the case. if anyone has caused a massacre it's Dave007. jesus fuck, people can get confused with the names of iraqi cities. it's not too hard to manage an error. as for the war itself, i believe it was intentionally provoked for the support of our president. i personally cannot make a claim that iraq was armed with WMDs or if sadaam had intentions to use them in an attack on the US. none of you can verify anything. these are all opinions. and i don't believe SHIT until i have seen it or have a damn good justification to believe. so, not to be a conspiracy theorist, but i believe bush made the move on iraq to gain a positive view from his citizens, stimulate his family's wealth, and "take the back door" on gaining control of a territory in another foreign country. and of course, the simple-minded americans who are blissfully unaware of anything larger in life than starbucks and thier bank account percieve this strike as us good ol' boys getting revenge for 9/11. these colors don't run, right? discussing this doesn't change what has already taken place. even if we learn something from it, we still won't have the ability to stop it all from happening again. best thing we can hope for is that we stay the fuck out of other peoples countries. we destroy people's ideals, morals, and tradition. we are a melting pot and we end up melting away anything unique or cherished in other parts of the world. world peace is impossible. you have to make compramises at some point.
post #55 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
The Koolaiders, who are in permanent rant mode after the catastrophic loss at the polls, totally missed the point of the post. My intent was to convey that I had hoped that this story, that some soldiers sat around and planned how they were going to rape a fourteen year old girl and kill all the witnesses, was not true, that we could not possibly have people of that caliber in our military. People who would massacre an entire family for rape. It is an indication of something very wrong somewhere, when coupled in with Haditha, Abu Garib and a million other unreported acts of cruelty committed by the US in this disasterous war.

There have been numerous stories in the press, many prior to this event, where whilstleblowers told the press that the Army, short on soldiers, were sending people that had snapped back to Iraq and people who were scoring poorly on shrink tests were also being sent in. Those were worthy issues worth discussing, but Dave really isn't capable of a real intellectual discussion, he degenerates into his ranting and confused position statements meant to be witty sarcasms. Sad, all the way around.

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 11-16-2006 at 06:54 PM.
post #56 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 07:16 PM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Truth in advertising.
Huh? Whatever, you've clearly lost it...
post #57 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 07:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
Huh? Whatever, you've clearly lost it...
"it" is you.

Not a great accomplishment.

B
post #58 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 07:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
You know it's not easy to back pedal when I clearly remember the days when we invaded Iraq; everywhere I looked or listened to people they were for the most part seeing the attack as revenge for 911 and of course WMD. Fox TV did not help matters either.
Hell I remember seeing footage of tanks and shells with "remember 911" scribles on them while advancing throughout Iraq. Was all that just ignorance or on purpose?
Please post a link to someone...anyone who said that we invaded Iraq because they had a hand in 9/11.
post #59 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
OK.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...11_challenged/

Need some more?

post #60 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 07:35 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Thanks FTL

Yeah, Dave that's just one among many
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in