One of the soldiers in Haditha massacre pleads guilty - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 11:46 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
Dave (007 give us a break) is about as unpatriotic as they come. Everytime he criticizes someone he spews hatred of democracy and free speech, the cornerstone of our country.

RFC (KFC it always looks like) is another unpatriotic, blanket hater who sees things one way, his way and then has the ego to think he is in the majority with his ONE intolerant point of view.

Bot is trolling, but probably believes blatant self service is less hypocritical than putting on even the most diminutive social service front.
So Shane agrees that "One of the soldiers in Haditha massacre pleads guilty" ?

The river of denial is deep.

Free speech? Lying about the staus of the Haditha case?

Sure, you are free to parrot FTL's lies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 11:53 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
So, his erroneous subject title has more weight than the body of the text? Where the hell are your priorities? You've got no intellectual ammo, so you opt to pounce on the pedantic details in order to advance your morally challenged position. That's truly pathetic.
There is a difference between war crimes and crimes committed during war.

The liberal mind can't, apparently, grasp the concept.

Nor can it understand the difference between the Haditha and Mahmoudiya.

It was clear from the start that this was a heinous crime. He plotted the rape, then murdered to cover his crime. If he was not in Iraq, he would have raped and killed back home. He needs to be executed.

This has nothing to do with Haditha (charges that remind of us Mei Lei).

But those are pedantic details to a liberal. Dogs and cats. Same. Cops and robbers. Same.
Bush and Osama. Same.
post #23 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 12:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
SO Dave why do you think they did it?
And if they thought they could get away with it, can you speculate why?
Mahmoudiya or Haditha?

They? Who?

Mahmoudiya:

Former Pfc. Steven Green, who was discharged from the Army in May because of an "anti-social personality disorder" and returned to the United States, is facing rape and murder charges in a civilian federal court. He is being held in a Kentucky jail.

According to a federal affidavit, Green and three other soldiers from the Fort Campbell, Ky.-based 101st Airborne Division had talked about raping the young woman, whom they first saw while working at a traffic checkpoint near her home.

On the day of the attack, the document said, Green and other soldiers drank alcohol and changed out of their uniforms to avoid detection before going to the woman’s house, with Green using a brown T-shirt to cover his face.

'All are dead'
Once there, the affidavit said, Green took three members of the family — an adult male and female, and a girl estimated to be 5 years old — into a bedroom. Shots were heard.

“Green came to the bedroom door and told everyone, ‘I just killed them. All are dead,”’ the affidavit said.

Haditha:

I speculate that a bunch of Marines under fire turned on the civilian population and went from soldiers to murderers in the blink of an eye.

A tragedy for everyone involved.
post #24 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 12:13 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
both cases Dave
post #25 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 12:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
both cases Dave
They are completely different, Prof.

But I don't think the idea of "getting away with it" was part of the equation in either case.

One was a crazy, violent individual. The other case, I speculate, was not pre-meditated but instead a situation that spiralled out of control.

In both cases, they will be held responsible as they should be. No one is getting away with anything.

If your point is that either of these cases indicates that we should never have invaded Iraq, I don't agree.
post #26 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
If your point is that either of these cases indicates that we should never have invaded Iraq, I don't agree.
I agree, although it's more than obvious that we should have never invaded Iraq.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #27 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 12:35 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
They are completely different, Prof.

But I don't think the idea of "getting away with it" was part of the equation in either case.

One was a crazy, violent individual. The other case, I speculate, was not pre-meditated but instead a situation that spiralled out of control.

In both cases, they will be held responsible as they should be. No one is getting away with anything.

I agree with you and furthermore yes you are right there is no direct relationship between why we invaded and the two cases before us.
I must however remind you of the false contempt that we have developed towards the Iraqis because many in the media and the government tied Iraq to 911. This link is what irritates me the most because it has planted the seeds for these guys to think that the Iraqis are the enemy. The Iraqis people were NEVER our enemies now they are thanks to our policies.
post #28 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 12:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
I agree, although it's more than obvious that we should have never invaded Iraq.
We should never have:

Invaded? Disbanded the military?

I agree. I can't put my finger on when I changed my mind on that one, but it is pretty damned obvious.

We should have just bombed the shit out of them.

Leaving the Sunni run military to counterbalance Iran.

Now we are fucked.
post #29 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 12:43 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
We should have just bombed the shit out of them.
Why? They really hadn't been doing anything but minding their own business for a few years before the invasion. We should have kept a wary eye on Iraq, but remained focused on Afghanistan.

Quote:
Now we are fucked.
Yup, and it wasn't going to go down any other way.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #30 of 199 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 12:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
I agree with you and furthermore yes you are right there is no direct relationship between why we invaded and the two cases before us.
I must however remind you of the false contempt that we have developed towards the Iraqis because many in the media and the government tied Iraq to 911. This link is what irritates me the most because it has planted the seeds for these guys to think that the Iraqis are the enemy. The Iraqis people were NEVER our enemies now they are thanks to our policies.
9/11 and Iraq ? That is a straw man erected to discredit those of us who saw Sadaam as the next logical threat and the first logical target in a preemptive campaign.

We didn't attack Iraq because they were responsible for 9/11.

Now we have presided over a mess.

Clearly we have made a bunch of mistakes. Disbanding the military. Not providing enough force to "lock down" the country until stability could be achieved.

The whole "shock and awe" idea could have worked brilliantly if we could have gone in and out quickly and left the Sunni's in power minus Sadaam. Now Iran has no one to balance them without us in Iraq.

Cluster fuckmire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in