Thank You Veterans - Page 9 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 12:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prana25
I may not agree with FTL on everything, but I didn't take what he said as offensive. I went to the gulf with an idea of what the mission was and found out in the process that I'd been severely lied to. I felt more betrayed than a chump. Either way, how is it disrespectful?
Here's where you question my dedication to country...
Whether or not YOU take what the garbage man said as offensive is not important, I commend you for your service, but you are not the only one who has served this country. There are a number here that that have served, and you are not alone in that respect.
Something you might want to keep in mind is that Veterans Day is not just for those that have served in the current or recent wars, or even those that served between those wars, but for all those that have served, fought, and died in all the wars we have been involved in.
Anyone, calling ANY Vet a sucker, particularly someone who has never served anyone other then themselves, is garbage. You may not mind being called a sucker by the garbage man, but I am very much offended.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 12:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
I may not agree with FTL on everything, but I didn't take what he said as offensive. I went to the gulf with an idea of what the mission was and found out in the process that I'd been severely lied to. I felt more betrayed than a chump. Either way, how is it disrespectful?

Here's where you question my dedication to country...
My analysis is harsh, and both guage and the other guy want to turn it into an insult. It is not meant to be. The men who served in Vietnam and Iraq were patriots. Their own patriotism was used to con them into serving an unjust cause, and in the end they were taken for suckers - for their patriotism instead of their money. I think those who support the con games while also claiming to "support the veterans", especially some shit head Koolaid Drinker like guage who has the nerve to exhort the rest of us to "support the veterans" while he give us a daily dose of vileness telling the rest of us what traitors we are because we don't want to see these men wasted like some little rich punkass asshole's playthings. If you support the troops, then do something about stopping them from having their lives thrown away in an endeavor that has zero chance of success at this point, and certainly is not a problem that can be solved with guns and bombs. Support the troops. Tell Bush to taking a flying fuck at a rolling donut.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #83 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 12:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
Whether or not YOU take what the garbage man said as offensive is not important, I commend you for your service, but you are not the only one who has served this country. There are a number here that that have served, and you are not alone in that respect.
Something you might want to keep in mind is that Veterans Day is not just for those that have served in the current or recent wars, or even those that served between those wars, but for all those that have served, fought, and died in all the wars we have been involved in.
Anyone, calling ANY Vet a sucker, particularly someone who has never served anyone other then themselves, is garbage. You may not mind being called a sucker by the garbage man, but I am very much offended.
Mega dildoes, Bruce

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #84 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 01:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
I just figured that I’d start getting some BS comments about lack of patriotism since I made a decision to get out of the service.
That is what I intended. Sorry to be so predictable.

Don't believe everything you think
post #85 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 01:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Mega dildoes, Bruce
An obvious Rush listener!!

Don't believe everything you think
post #86 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 01:24 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 04 SL55 AMG
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
I wasn't trying to speak for all vets, I was not even coming close to saying that I'm the only vet, nor was I condoning his statement. I was simply trying to say that some people do indeed feel that way and that I did not take it as a "personal" insult. Again, I may not agree with everything he says, as much as you may not agree with everything I say. It's called open discourse. Until we can make an attempt to look past people's literary inabilities and try to understand what they're saying, we'll always end up just throwing insults in an effort to be the 'right', while the end result is usually the same goal: safety and care of ALL vets

I still don't get how people on both ends of the argument can accuse the other of not showing support for troops. Agree or disagree on the government’s decision, but to accuse the other party of lack of care or compassion is just being obtuse. (in my opinion, of course).
post #87 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 01:46 PM
RFC

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Prana25]Wow... it's amazing how incredibly detailed you are. Do you actually have my service record or something? tool

I was not getting into a debate here. In fact, if you learn how to read, you'll see that I've actually been the one stating that a debate as to the validity of the conflict shouldn't be argued in this posting. The farthest I went was to state that some people are coming back feeling betrayed.And I made the comment
that if you want first hand knowlage go to the sites that have the personal
to verify what is not being reported

I'd like to know exactly why you feel the need to publicly attempt to invalidate my service? Don't read into something that was not wrote

Are you going to actually be bold enough to say that my position and two deployments (both significantly longer than 1 month, fuck stick) were of no need or consequence?Do you want to lump the deployment of Operation Enduring Freedom into this?

Go ahead... you go ask the ground forces if they appreciated the air cover. In fact, take a trip over there yourself and play "Army of one". Or, sign up and get into the intelligence field. Do you really think you have a clue as to what's really going on?You are the one posting of lies and betrayal, What my prior service to this Nation and or Commander in Chief is not open to discussion as you have made yours

There's a drastic difference between the battle and the war. I actually dedicate my time to helping the guys that are coming back with PTSD. What exactly are you doing asshole? What are you going to do to make a difference?I think I'll bake cookies and harass squibs

Oh, that's right... you'd rather sit in the comfort of your home, watch CNN, convincing yourself that you're informed and try to blast people for doing what you're too fucking lazy to do yourself. Thats my point the people on this forum
thumb through an opinion piece on the war on terror and think thats all there is to it.

Don't you EVER question my service!
If I do??
post #88 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 02:06 PM
RFC

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthily
My analysis is harsh, and both guage and the other guy want to turn it into an insult. It is not meant to be. The men who served in Vietnam and Iraq were patriots. Their own patriotism was used to con them into serving an unjust cause, and in the end they were taken for suckers - for their patriotism instead of their money. I think those who support the con games while also claiming to "support the veterans", especially some shit head Koolaid Drinker like guage who has the nerve to exhort the rest of us to "support the veterans" while he give us a daily dose of vileness telling the rest of us what traitors we are because we don't want to see these men wasted like some little rich punkass asshole's playthings. If you support the troops, then do something about stopping them from having their lives thrown away in an endeavor that has zero chance of success at this point, and certainly is not a problem that can be solved with guns and bombs. Support the troops. Tell Bush to taking a flying fuck at a rolling donut.
This guy believes he is beyond approach of any and all prior comments.(it was just a joke at first, now it's the tug of the old sympathy string try)
We all know the starter of this thread is the one who hates!!!
post #89 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFC
This guy believes he is beyond approach of any and all prior comments.(it was just a joke at first, now it's the tug of the old sympathy string try)
We all know the starter of this thread is the one who hates!!!
Who is "Filthily"? And why are you now disparaging guage, who started this thread?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #90 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 04:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

The guy is a whack job.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in