Thank You Veterans - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 11:17 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
yoseyman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Location: 1313 Mockingbird lane
Posts: 9,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
The troops who volunteered for service to their country are not suckers. They did so because they felt the obligation to serve. No one should ever disrespect their call to service. It is a tradition in the US that has allowed us to keep our Country strong.

It IS possible to NOT support the WAR and still support the WARRIOR. That is what many folks have a hard time separating. Some on the Right see it as you are “either for Us or against Us in a blanket fashion, not understanding the separation. Some on the Left feel that you have to protest the WARRIOR as you protest the policies of the Administration. That is also wrong. Both misinterpretations cause hurt to the troops who are just doing their jobs.

In Viet Nam we came back to folks who could not protest the war yet still support the troops. An entire generation of hate was born from that inability. Thousands of good men are forever harmed because they feel completely rejected by the society that sent them to do the job they were assigned to do. That cannot happen again.

yoseyman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 11:25 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Bruce R.'s Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Location: Near Washington, DC
Posts: 14,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Of course I'm calling them suckers, sucker. I'm not calling them all those other things you falsely attribute to me as usual, you cock sucking Republican lying scum. You shit bags lied 3,000 kids into their graves over nothing, which you Shitbag-in-Chief is now holding conferences on to figure out how to get up and walk out. You don't support veterans, you support political ideas that get people's kids killed so you can strut around and call yourself a fucking "patriot".
Getting wildly inappropriate with your ideas and language tends to indicate you have no argument, and are only showing rage because you can't get your way little boy.
Now you finally admit calling veterans suckers, I'm sure the guys that hit the beaches on D-Day, or at Inchon, maybe a few that went through Khe Sahn would like to dicuss that with you. You might recall that they are veterans too.
Like I said you don't have to like the reason they were there, but you damn well better respect the fact that they went, and did what they could. It's because of them that you have the right to act like the ass that you are.........
One more thing you living piece of garbage, every single one of those men and women are more "man" then you will ever be, and the fact that you are not big enough to admit that fact just shows how small a person(?) you really are.
You are garbage and will never be anything more then garbage until you admit those people are better then you could ever be.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94


"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Bruce R. is offline  
post #43 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 11:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prana25
Would you guys please stop putting Vets in the middle of your political shit? None of you hate vets, yet you claim the other person does so you can prove some lost point.

Go find a Vet, shake his/her hand and offer to buy them lunch. Talk to them about their time served, where they were deployed, what they enjoyed and stay the hell off of politics. It's about them, not what their CIC did.

mcbear - good job, good comment. And thank you for your service!
I'm not sure how old you are, but I think you would be surprised at the "disdain" people seem to have for the VietVet. I mean I heard of people spitting on them and calling them names, as if they started that damn war--rather than having been drafted into it and sent there to die by a bunch of idiots in DC. I will never forget how mean people seemed to be to our guys when they returned--and over 50,000 of them were killed! After the war, I think there was even a sense that they somehow lost it for us; but the attitude was there even before the war was over. It just seemed to get worse after the VC ran us out. It was a very bad time. I suspect even mcbear will have to agree w/ me.

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #44 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 11:56 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mzsmbs's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Location: on a high bank of a creek
Posts: 7,296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
I disagree with you, boss. I'm a veteran and I think it is a good and proper thing for the President to annually stand before the nation in tribute to veterans.
B
under normal circumstances i agree with you but in the case of shrubco i do not as he is the sole reason why our boys are coming back in body bags.



in political asylum
mzsmbs is offline  
post #45 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 11:57 AM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Posts: 41,649
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
The troops who volunteered for service to their country are not suckers. They did so because they felt the obligation to serve. No one should ever disrespect their call to service. It is a tradition in the US that has allowed us to keep our Country strong.

It IS possible to NOT support the WAR and still support the WARRIOR. That is what many folks have a hard time separating. Some on the Right see it as you are “either for Us or against Us in a blanket fashion, not understanding the separation. Some on the Left feel that you have to protest the WARRIOR as you protest the policies of the Administration. That is also wrong. Both misinterpretations cause hurt to the troops who are just doing their jobs.

Superbly said, wish I could have said it.
Shane is offline  
post #46 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 11:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mzsmbs's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Location: on a high bank of a creek
Posts: 7,296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
Unlike you he actually has feelings for those guys, he doesn't use their lives for political gain the way you do. Don't you feel any shame at all you sleeze bucket?

wow.. you are confused man.. it's actually the opposite.. the soldiers' lives are a total political tool for this tool.



in political asylum
mzsmbs is offline  
post #47 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:00 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
 
Prana25's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 04 SL55 AMG
Location: Sacramento, CA - US
Posts: 927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I'm not sure how old you are, but I think you would be surprised at the "disdain" people seem to have for the VietVet. I mean I heard of people spitting on them and calling them names, as if they started that damn war--rather than having been drafted into it and sent there to die by a bunch of idiots in DC. I will never forget how mean people seemed to be to our guys when they returned--and over 50,000 of them were killed! After the war, I think there was even a sense that they somehow lost it for us; but the attitude was there even before the war was over. It just seemed to get worse after the VC ran us out. It was a very bad time. I suspect even mcbear will have to agree w/ me.
No, I'm not quite old enough to remember that. I am well aware of it though. I've been called a degenerate, hack, killer, loser, etc. when I came back from my last deployment. I wasn't fortunate enough to have been deployed during a time when everyone wrapped themselves in a flag and suddenly started caring. I was deployed when most people didn't know we were in the gulf, end even fewer knew we were running active ops.

In my view, if I'd done my job well, American's will be ignorant and oblivious. You don't want your children to live in fear and you certainly cannot resent them for being ignorant to the dangers that you protect them from.

My entire point was that, a simple post thanking vets has turned into another name calling political fuck fest.
Prana25 is offline  
post #48 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I'm not sure how old you are, but I think you would be surprised at the "disdain" people seem to have for the VietVet. I mean I heard of people spitting on them and calling them names, as if they started that damn war--rather than having been drafted into it and sent there to die by a bunch of idiots in DC. I will never forget how mean people seemed to be to our guys when they returned--and over 50,000 of them were killed! After the war, I think there was even a sense that they somehow lost it for us; but the attitude was there even before the war was over. It just seemed to get worse after the VC ran us out. It was a very bad time. I suspect even mcbear will have to agree w/ me.
I believe you are right. I have friends who are vets from Vietnam and are very Liberal yet still hold a hate for the folks in the peace movement that could not just focus their hate of the war at Washington but had it spill over onto every soldier that came home. I did not have much problem when I came stateside as I came straight back to Kentucky and then to Colorado Springs. Neither place tended to have protest groups.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #49 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Bruce R.'s Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Location: Near Washington, DC
Posts: 14,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsmbs
wow.. you are confused man.. it's actually the opposite.. the soldiers' lives are a total political tool for this tool.
Don't start with that crap, if anybody is confused it's you. You appear to be near as brainwashed as FTL.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94


"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Bruce R. is offline  
post #50 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Bruce R.'s Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Location: Near Washington, DC
Posts: 14,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prana25
No, I'm not quite old enough to remember that. I am well aware of it though.
My entire point was that, a simple post thanking vets has turned into another name calling political fuck fest.
The name calling has started, as is typical, from ONE left wing extremist. The one and only individual who has the lack of intelligence and respect to call those that have served "suckers". I can't stand for that in any way shape or form. Couple that with the fact that he did it in his FIRST POST on this thread, and maybe you can see why I'm incensed. I have a problem with people that show no respect for those that die serving the country in order give him a bandstand to bad mouth them. Veteran's Day is a day reserved to honor all our veterans, not to bad mouth them.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94


"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Bruce R. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    11/11 Veterans Day Botnst Off-Topic 21 11-12-2005 06:06 AM
    Thank goodness for Veterans Day tuRRtleSpeed W163 M-Class 4 11-10-2005 06:50 PM
    ML Veterans...help Rio W163 M-Class 3 07-30-2004 01:00 PM
    OT: To veterans that have stood against evil. coachgeo Unimog 0 05-31-2004 08:07 AM
    O/T Happy Veterans Day to fellow veterans..Enjoy your day OFF. JimB W163 M-Class 0 11-12-2001 08:39 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome