post #11 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 10:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
On any given subject about half of the experts are right at any one time.

B
And I forgot to ask about Gravity on Earth?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 10:37 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
The only way to critique is by hindsight. A critique is, by definition, LOOKING BACK!! If you could critique into the future you would have to be clairvoyant.

The point he made was that the EXPERTS have been wrong many more times than they have been right and their track record in advising this Administration is POOR. Therefore it is not smart to trust their advise on what would happen if we pull out [in any fashion].
No shit Sherlock and some people are very good at it nowadays.
post #13 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 10:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
No shit Sherlock and some people are very good at it nowadays.
So there was no point to your Post#5 or this one or BOTH?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #14 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 10:44 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Other than to point out that the same people have all the answers, no
post #15 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 10:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
Other than to point out that the same people have all the answers, no
Are you still commenting on Bill Maher's comments?

McBear,
Kentucky

post #16 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 10:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
The Demos had been savaging Rumsfeld relentlessly since he was hired. It didn't have much traction until the last year or so with Iraq appearing unable to subdue sectarian violence. The democrats successfully personalized their campaign so that voters could name the culprit. It worked perfectly, Rumsfeld's name is known to one and all as the failed chief architect of a failed policy. Over the course of the past year Rumsfeld has been the target of nearly everybody's hate & discontent on both sides of the aisle.

I'm betting Hamilton & Baker briefed Bush early last month. Bush approached Allen to take the job late last month.

By canning Rumsfeld before the ululation's had voiced the Democrats triumph, Bush removed his greatest weakness. Pursuing Rumsfeld at this point would serve no purpose other than to remind folks that Bush canned the guy after the election.

Also, by appointing Allen, Bush has immunized himself in the forthcoming appointment hearings. The questions wont be "who knew what and when". Instead it will be "Dr Allen, tell us what Mr Hamilton (D) and Mr Baker (R) said needs to be done in Iraq and how will you do it."

Also, with the Democrats lurch to centrist positions it leaves the wacko lefty party hacks in the uncomfortable position of not being able to pursue that which they promised their ardent, activist base--criminal investigation of the alleged wrongdoings of the Bush Administration. See, those seats that the Dems picked-up are weak seats for either party. The way that the Dems will hold those seats and hold hope of maintaining political power is by NOT going mental. Instead, bipartisanship and ruling from the center will be the goal of everybody. This will frustrate the lefties and have little effect on the righties since so many of them were dumped, anyway.

It's going to be a fascinating 2 years to watch unfold.

BTW, on the Repo side McCain is the huge winner in this. His biggest Repo detractors have been virtually annihilated, politically. He will be able to say, "I told you so" and make it stick.

B
post #17 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 10:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
No, the leftist party hacks will run the investigative committees. They're good at that. They are all guys like me. We love that stuff. I said the Old Left is out - the New Left - the bloggers, the forum warriors, played a big role in the win, and they get a piece of the pie. The pie will be made of scalp. Legislatively and on the Sunday talk shows, it will be the Centerists if they are smart. And they have been lately.

And it is Robert Gates, not Allen who is the new SECDEF.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 11-09-2006 at 11:00 PM.
post #18 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 11:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
...And it is Robert Gates, not Allen who is the new SECDEF.
Oopsie. Must be that headache pill Rush gave me.

B
post #19 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 11:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
The Demos had been savaging Rumsfeld relentlessly since he was hired. It didn't have much traction until the last year or so with Iraq appearing unable to subdue sectarian violence. The democrats successfully personalized their campaign so that voters could name the culprit. It worked perfectly, Rumsfeld's name is known to one and all as the failed chief architect of a failed policy. Over the course of the past year Rumsfeld has been the target of nearly everybody's hate & discontent on both sides of the aisle.

I'm betting Hamilton & Baker briefed Bush early last month. Bush approached Allen to take the job late last month.

By canning Rumsfeld before the ululation's had voiced the Democrats triumph, Bush removed his greatest weakness. Pursuing Rumsfeld at this point would serve no purpose other than to remind folks that Bush canned the guy after the election.

Also, by appointing Allen, Bush has immunized himself in the forthcoming appointment hearings. The questions wont be "who knew what and when". Instead it will be "Dr Allen, tell us what Mr Hamilton (D) and Mr Baker (R) said needs to be done in Iraq and how will you do it."

Also, with the Democrats lurch to centrist positions it leaves the wacko lefty party hacks in the uncomfortable position of not being able to pursue that which they promised their ardent, activist base--criminal investigation of the alleged wrongdoings of the Bush Administration. See, those seats that the Dems picked-up are weak seats for either party. The way that the Dems will hold those seats and hold hope of maintaining political power is by NOT going mental. Instead, bipartisanship and ruling from the center will be the goal of everybody. This will frustrate the lefties and have little effect on the righties since so many of them were dumped, anyway.

It's going to be a fascinating 2 years to watch unfold.

BTW, on the Repo side McCain is the huge winner in this. His biggest Repo detractors have been virtually annihilated, politically. He will be able to say, "I told you so" and make it stick.

B
The brief of the BH Report pointed directly at Rumsfeld. It was released about a month ago. I read it but don't remember when. It was 30K foot stuff.

Now, with your scenario, which could very well be true, Bush would have had to LIED directly when asked about Rumsfeld’s future, his exact quote was “Rumsfeld is here until the end.” with appropriate BS in front of and behind the phrase but the sentence was complete and specific. A LIE. Another LIE.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061102/..._pr_wh/bush_20

McBear,
Kentucky

post #20 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 11:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
The brief of the BH Report pointed directly at Rumsfeld. It was released about a month ago. I read it but don't remember when. It was 30K foot stuff.

Now, with your scenario, which could very well be true, Bush would have had to LIED directly when asked about Rumsfeld’s future, his exact quote was “Rumsfeld is here until the end.” with appropriate BS in front of and behind the phrase but the sentence was complete and specific. A LIE. Another LIE.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061102/..._pr_wh/bush_20
In the news conference he confessed to having misled 3 reporters last week who asked him that question, point-blank.

B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in