post #61 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 07:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I'm sure I would love your wife, so to speak, so please don't let her in here; but "facts" according to you are "fauxfacts" as far as I can see. My "sources" are far superior to yours, IMO, so we probably have no middle ground there. I'm sure your beautiful wife is much smarter than you, my friend. Please ask her advice before wading in here over your head...
Yes she is smarter than me. That is the good part. And I did check with her. They are not fauxfacts. Just those you don't like because you don't understand or are too narrow minded to understand.

Losing must suck.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 07:58 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
You know a real liberal would try to teach Jayhawk instead of insulting him. Maybe the people here aren't really liberals like Jayhawk thinks. Maybe they are conservatives and Jay cannot recognize it! Horrors!
post #63 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 08:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
You know a real liberal would try to teach Jayhawk instead of insulting him. Maybe the people here aren't really liberals like Jayhawk thinks. Maybe they are conservatives and Jay cannot recognize it! Horrors!
We tried that over the past year but gave up when we realized his buffers were 8bit and unable to take new input. Once he started cut and pasting Rush and his other NeoCon [NewConfused] pals it became hopeless as he just squawks "drive by media" and kookburger" and other mantras.

He's gone Jim, we can't help him now.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #64 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 09:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
They've given us six years of slogan-think, it worked for a little while as they pushed their yellow ribbons, but now the country has seen them for what they are, empty slogans and empty ideas that hide a mountain of dead children.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #65 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 10:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

I saw a replay of Rumsfeld’s speech today and he still doesn’t get it. After one line of saying he has lived through six years of criticism he then goes on to basically say that Iraq was a complex problem and the American people were too stupid to understand it. Hubris and arrogance are not the traits you want to show as you are leaving office. He may have been smart in his time, but this last six years have proven everything but smart.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #66 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 10:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Next big question is what happens to the crowd of dick suckers he surrounded himself with. The book "Fiasco" paints these men as the cause of the total disaster of the occupation of Iraq - COS Myers, a rank incompetant. Peter Pace, a man who lives under Rumsfeld's desk and a total wuss. Sanchez, now sacked. Franks, an idiot who was given a medal for setting up the disaster of the Iraq occupation, chosen to lead over the more competent Zinni or Shinseki because he would go along with the moronic decision to send in 140,000 troops with little heavy armor, while these other men would rather resign or retire than go along with what they felt was a strategy that would lead to the deaths of thousands of the soldiers they loved. Cambone, the fucking criminal who belongs in jail who set up a secret intelligence agency to feed Bush and Cheny Chalibi's and Curveball's bullshit dressed up as "intelligence". Wolfowitz, the man who lied about what the war would cost and claimed we would be welcomed as liberators, and then given a promotion after totally botching the aftermath. Bremer, a man who will most certainly go down as one of the biggest idiots in American history, if not the biggest, surpassing Harding even, who disbanded the Iraqi government and army, pouring millions of men into the streets unemployed in a world where we did not have enough troops to keep them from piles of ammunition and weapons. Sanchez and Bremer, under direction from Rumsfeld, sit and watch as looters strip the country to the walls, not even thinking that this was demonstrating to the insurgents that we did not have the ability to maintain order in the country, sowing the seeds of our own defeat. Rumsfeld was a disaster for America. A true, unmitagated fucking disaster. All these bastards are going to be exposed in the Senate, mark my word.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 11-09-2006 at 10:53 PM.
post #67 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 11:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

I would think that the new SecDef will pick a new JC and his numbers 2-10 will change as a matter of course. If Cheney decides that having Gates and [i am guessing here - James Baker] in the WHouse is too much to handle, he will decide that health reasons will require him to step down in the next few months.

That will leave HLS and CIA as the primary problems and both the Senate and House have opposition to Carnavore2 and WireTap-o-Rama which will make those guys less of a problem on the domestic rights front.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #68 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 09:17 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Next big question is what happens to the crowd of dick suckers he surrounded himself with. The book "Fiasco" paints these men as the cause of the total disaster of the occupation of Iraq - COS Myers, a rank incompetant. Peter Pace, a man who lives under Rumsfeld's desk and a total wuss. Sanchez, now sacked. Franks, an idiot who was given a medal for setting up the disaster of the Iraq occupation, chosen to lead over the more competent Zinni or Shinseki because he would go along with the moronic decision to send in 140,000 troops with little heavy armor, while these other men would rather resign or retire than go along with what they felt was a strategy that would lead to the deaths of thousands of the soldiers they loved. Cambone, the fucking criminal who belongs in jail who set up a secret intelligence agency to feed Bush and Cheny Chalibi's and Curveball's bullshit dressed up as "intelligence". Wolfowitz, the man who lied about what the war would cost and claimed we would be welcomed as liberators, and then given a promotion after totally botching the aftermath. Bremer, a man who will most certainly go down as one of the biggest idiots in American history, if not the biggest, surpassing Harding even, who disbanded the Iraqi government and army, pouring millions of men into the streets unemployed in a world where we did not have enough troops to keep them from piles of ammunition and weapons. Sanchez and Bremer, under direction from Rumsfeld, sit and watch as looters strip the country to the walls, not even thinking that this was demonstrating to the insurgents that we did not have the ability to maintain order in the country, sowing the seeds of our own defeat. Rumsfeld was a disaster for America. A true, unmitagated fucking disaster. All these bastards are going to be exposed in the Senate, mark my word.
I hope you are right.

OBK #35

post #69 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 09:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
You need to read what I wrote. I said SPELL CHECK. As in WORD, and Outlook, not a website.

And getting Rusted from Rumsfeld is funny and somewhat accurate.
Okay, my bad. I thought you were talking about Wikipedia again.

Don't believe everything you think
post #70 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 09:25 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
Now that's deep... Way too deep for me!

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in