post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
I think it's more a case of not wanting to be seen to be inflicting even more damage on the GOP and gaining the legacy of being the cause of a landslide swing in the presidentials. If he continued his arrogant smirking after this result, that could well be the outcome.
Yup, it was like a different guy -- a better guy. A serious take 'em out behind the woodshed ass-whoopin' can do a lot to wipe the smirk off a guy's face. I hope this new guy lasts a while -- I could almost learn to tolerate him.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian80
Could be.

I also found it interesting how conservative some of the newly elected Democrats are--pro-life, anti-gay marriage.....a little scary.
That is actually more like some of the OLD Democrats from the South. The BlueDog Democrats. We used to have one that represented our district [the only Blue in Kentucky Red until last night]

By the way, Yoseyman, Welcome to BigBlueNation.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I saw Buchanan this morning and had to agree w/ a lot of what he said. Especially, the parts about what a principaled man our President is? And that he would not be intimidated by the election results. I have no concern about his legacy, whatsoever.
I heard that, and funny you bring up the "would not be intimidated by the election results" 18 minutes before his news conference when he showed he was pretty much buckled under by the election results.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 01:35 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Here is what my ex-boss is saying: Wolfensohn: US may lose interest in Israel

http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/Art...324837,00.html
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Here is what my ex-boss is saying: Wolfensohn: US may lose interest in Israel

http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/Art...324837,00.html
Well, that would save us a couple hundred mil a year. It would be interesting to see the impact of Israel going it alone. Since they seem to call their own shots and then wait for help to clean up, maybe this would change their thought process a bit.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 01:52 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
Well, that would save us a couple hundred mil a year. It would be interesting to see the impact of Israel going it alone. Since they seem to call their own shots and then wait for help to clean up, maybe this would change their thought process a bit.
My thoughts exactly
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 02:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
I heard that, and funny you bring up the "would not be intimidated by the election results" 18 minutes before his news conference when he showed he was pretty much buckled under by the election results.
First of all, Pat said that, not me; but I see what the President did as statesmanlike and an acknowledgment of what "the people" want. If you want to see that as intimidation or "buckling under" that is your bias.

Don't believe everything you think

Last edited by Jayhawk; 11-08-2006 at 02:16 PM.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
First of all, Pat said that, not me; but I see what the President did as statesmanlike and an acknowledgment of what "the people" want. If you want to see that as intimidation or "buckling under" that is your bias.
I know Buchanan said it. I just thought the timing of your post was funny. Considering that Bush used "Stay the Course" for 1200 days and had a complete turn around after the voters kicked his ass, that was more than "statesmanlike and an acknowledgment of what "the people" want." It is not my bias. It is Buckling Under. And it was his correct, and only approach.

A "statesmanlike and an acknowledgment of what "the people" want" approach would have occurred sometime in the past year as poll after poll after poll of what the “people want” was ignored and the “Stay the Course” mantra was repeated again and again. That just showed disrespect to the people.

Yesterday, the people responded by making a National race out of what should have been local races. Rhode Island Rep. Senator Chaffee, who had 62% approval was ousted on National issues. Northrup in KY was ousted on National issues, not local. The people got tired of being ignored.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 03:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1997 S320 LWB
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Yup, it was like a different guy -- a better guy. A serious take 'em out behind the woodshed ass-whoopin' can do a lot to wipe the smirk off a guy's face. I hope this new guy lasts a while -- I could almost learn to tolerate him.
Lets not get carried away a label him a saint now. We dont know who he is, we do know that he's had his strings pulled for years by the likes of Cheney and Rumsfield, etc..

I saw him make his speach today and while I wasn't all that impressed I will say that it was the most human I've ever seen him and I was impressed that he did not listen to Cheney and keep Rumsfield in. He did NOT see the elections swaying the way they did. He now stands alone with a Dick by his side. Perhaps this means he will listen less to Cheney and listen more to the people?. Doubt it but I hope so cause Cheney/Haliburton definately did not speak for the people. I'm hoping for a full blown investigation regarding pre war intelligence and the role of the current administration in administering all the lies to the people. I want to see a god damn impeachment although I realize its probably not going to happen.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerW140
I want to see a god damn impeachment although I realize its probably not going to happen.
No you don't. Try this on for size: President Cheney.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in