Jayhawk: Whose yo daddy? - Page 9 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 04:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
When you start being "straightforward w/ my facts and figures" please let me know. So far you've just spouted unsupportable opinion divorced from fact. Seriously, why do you think Dean tempered this Democrat takeover?
Just hide the guns, please...

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 04:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
old300D's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here you go, all your stuff in one big quote.

Quote:
They won in spite of Dean, not because of him. To suggest otherwise is a little like saying "the sun came up Tuesday moring and caused the big dem win..."

Dean's melt down was instrumental in keeping the neo-dems from a bigger win. This was a minor loss to the Republicans given historical norms: The last mid-term cost the dems 54 seats. This time it was only about half that for the Republicans. The historical average in an off-year election, since 1949, has been 45 seats for the party in-power at the time. History also tells us that the party in power in a time of war always loses the greatest # of seats. Therefore, given that we were not at war the last time when dems lost 54 seats, and that Republicans only lost about ~28 seats during a big-time war on terrorism, would indicate that this was a resounding success for the party in power during this off-year election.

My point is that dems would have won much bigger if they would have had someone credible at the helm, and that by all historical measures I am correct. Not exactly rocket science. People vote moderately for democrats because they had to overcome the fact that party put a lunatic in charge. "Hold your nose and vote for anyone in the party out of power."
All you have stated is this power shift is small from a historical perspective. No numbers, just a bald assertion, not even a source. Then you say because it's a small power shift, and should have been bigger, that it is Howard Dean's fault.

Thin, and baseless. Not that I expect anything better, but you hold this up as having significance.

OBK #35

old300D is offline  
post #83 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 04:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
Here you go, all your stuff in one big quote.



All you have stated is this power shift is small from a historical perspective. No numbers, just a bald assertion, not even a source. Then you say because it's a small power shift, and should have been bigger, that it is Howard Dean's fault.

Thin, and baseless. Not that I expect anything better, but you hold this up as having significance.
Just hide the guns, please...

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #84 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 06:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
My point is that dems would have won much bigger if they would have had someone credible at the helm, and that by all historical measures I am correct. Not exactly rocket science. People vote moderately for democrats because they had to overcome the fact that party put a lunatic in charge. "Hold your nose and vote for anyone in the party out of power."
Actually this was the second largest "spread" behind the 1982 midterms election. So it really was the landslide that is being touted. It is also the second largest turnout for a midterm [also behind 1982]. Must have been some buyers remorse in 82, I can't remember much about that election other than I was at Edwards and in a project that got re-funded about that time.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #85 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 06:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
barberhauler's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,950
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gloating is very Republican, and can only be bad for Karma....

i guess.....
barberhauler is offline  
post #86 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
My point is that dems would have won much bigger if they would have had someone credible at the helm, and that by all historical measures I am correct. Not exactly rocket science. People vote moderately for democrats because they had to overcome the fact that party put a lunatic in charge. "Hold your nose and vote for anyone in the party out of power."
You are insane with denial.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #87 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
When you start being "straightforward w/ my facts and figures" please let me know. So far you've just spouted unsupportable opinion divorced from fact. Seriously, why do you think Dean tempered this Democrat takeover?
Look how duplicutous the guy is - last week he was predicting a big GOP win - this week he claims that he knew the Dems were going to win anyway, and it's Dean's fault the win wasn't bigger than he expected.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #88 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 09:15 PM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Screw the numbers, man, this is a revolution. It's effects will be more profound than you will ever imagine.
Yes, I agree with you FTL, 100%, 2 to 3 years from now, look where the dollar is against the Euro, the SGD and the HKD compared to today. ALso make note at where the price of Gold & Silver is and where inflation stands now and see where it is after the rule of the FTL revolution
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #89 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Anyone who thinks they can predict the stock market or the price of gold is a damn fool.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #90 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 10:00 PM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Anyone who thinks they can predict the stock market or the price of gold is a damn fool.
Predictions are easy getting them right is the tricky part. That is why you still work to make ends meet and I retired comfortably last year at the age of 48
Jakarta Expat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Photo of Jayhawk ? Nutz 4 Benz Off-Topic 7 09-15-2006 12:22 AM
    RAMP is now JAYHAWK Jayhawk Off-Topic 22 01-14-2006 09:57 AM
    RAMP is now JAYHAWK Jayhawk General Mercedes-Benz 0 01-13-2006 05:54 PM
    OT: Daddy Likes!!!! John Boy 330xi R170 SLK-Class 15 01-11-2006 06:36 AM
    Whose your daddy? CLK55 is your daddy! shell C208/A208 CLK-Class 22 02-04-2002 06:48 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome