post #31 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 05:21 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
The British media are so far out there in Left field no one w/ half a brain pays them any mind. As far as "the unpopular war w/ high casualities," it just shows are far out there you are too. In WWII we lost more troops in one hour than we have in all the time we've been fighting the war on terror.

'No-one with half a brain..........' -that's got you covered alright. Notwithsatnding that foolish comment, what is your point?

The rest of the world has moved on a bit since the 1940s despite however old and petrified you may be. Furthermore, a world war with 'real' security implications for our respective countries was quite a different matter. Then, neither of us invaded a sovereign nation on the personal whim of our corrupt and misguided leadership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 05:24 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
'No-one with half a brain..........' -that's got you covered alright. Notwithsatnding that foolish comment, what is your point?

The rest of the world has moved on a bit since the 1940s despite however old and petrified you may be. Furthermore, a world war with 'real' security implications for our respective countries was quite a different matter. Then, neither of us invaded a sovereign nation on the personal whim of our corrupt and misguided leadership.
I beg to differ, it was not a "personal whim". I have heard that George actually did the democratic thing and took a family vote.
post #33 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
I beg to differ, it was not a "personal whim". I have heard that George actually did the democratic thing and took a family vote.
Any votes against besides Georges's dad?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #34 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 05:36 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
[QUOTE=GermanStar]Any votes against besides Georges's dad?[/QUOTE

He was the only one and it was not his fault, the damn closet DEM nurse did not give George senior his "medicine" that day.
post #35 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 06:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
Classic.
post #36 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 10:05 PM

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 90 300E, 99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
What they have going for them is that the GOP has essentially spotted them ten seats thru scandal. The next thing is the enormous dissatisfaction with the GOP in the Northeast and in Ohio, where the other five seats are. Otherwise, I just don't see the idea of the fifty seats some of them are predicting, and I really don't see more than a net gain of two seats in the Senate, if any at all. Ford, the supposed wunderkind in Tennessee struck me as a bit of a bozo when I've heard him. Burns is running in the most conservative state in the union, and I doubt they will turn that crook out of office unless he jacks off over a picture of Jesus. Allen wins by being the dirtiest campaigner, and he may pull it off once again. Arizona is a long shot.

The Dems have Ohio and Pennsylvania locked. I just don't see it anywhere else. But the Democrat voter base is just no where near as organized as the GOP. The voter blocks that make up the Dems are widely in support of kicking the GOP out, but getting them motivated to actually vote regularly is going to take another Depression just like it did last time.
Oops

It looks like a Dem blowout for the House. I voted on both sides depending on the candidate. Going across the board for on party these days is not going to get the best people for the job. IMO
post #37 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 10:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I must admit it did not take me long to vote. That little D button sure is handy. I did have a chance to vote for a lot of Libertarians, tho, because many of the local Texas races had no Dem candidates, so I voted for the Ls whereever they were running against the Rs.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #38 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 02:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
sodrel is out. woot!

in political asylum
post #39 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 07:33 AM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian80
I'm with you on this. The only hope the Demos have is if the Republican voters decide to sit this one out. They don't seem nearly as motivated as '04, but you never know.
Well, we were probably both right - you especially. Only 40% turnout means lots of Republicans stayed home. I think that speaks as loudly as the guy I heard interviewed from Florida say "I'm a life-long Republican; I voted straight Democrat."

We want change too.

So, my greatest fear will be realized - Nancy Pelosi will be speaker of the house. Found it interesting that she never heard of "underpromise, over-deliver":
"Americans voted to restore integrity and honesty in Washington DC and Democrats intend to lead the most honest, open and ethical Congress in history."
Karl! Start collecting wood for the fire! Bwwwuuuauaahahahahahahahahahaaha!
post #40 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 07:50 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Vehicle: '01 C320
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Greatest fear is Nancy Pelosi as speaker of the house?!?!?!
Just goes to show that people can be very poor at evaluating risk. In a world with a nuclear NK and OBL on the loose, your greatest fear is a Pelosi speaker. That's a shame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in