Road Rage Weapon--HELP - Page 9 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 06:29 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
It's an internal secret policy not to show up while the action is hot because they don't want to get hurt. I speak from experience
With a name like Professor, what "hot action" where you involved in that the police did not want to come near it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 06:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
Only assclowns need to carry a weapon in their vehicle.
In that case, you must have a howitzer in your back seat.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #83 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Too bad we'll never hear the other side of the story...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #84 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 07:10 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Too bad we'll never hear the other side of the story...
Bet the guy had a Buck Fush bumper sticker.

post #85 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 07:11 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
LOL -- there you go.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #86 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 07:13 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
In that case, you must have a howitzer in your back seat.
Carrying a weapon in your vehicle only has one purpose.
The purpose of that weapon is to shoot/kill.
(intent to commit)
In what scenario do you see yourself having to pull it on a person?
post #87 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 07:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Well, ah, yes guage, that's correct. You win the banana. I travel like 40,000 miles a year. I meet all kinds of crazy people, some of them on this forum.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #88 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 07:20 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
do you visualize to yourself using it?
post #89 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 08:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
I usually bring a Mossberg pistol grip pump along when I travel interstate. It's legal in all states and you can fit it into a long tool box to carry it in and out of hotel rooms, and most airlines will ship it in the baggage compartment. Pistols are too problematic. A 12 ga will actually prevent more violence than cause it, as one look down the barrel will cause most tough guys to piss their pants.

In Texas and Louisiana, I usually pack an M-1 carbine paratroop model with a 30 rd clip. You need the extra fire power. It also fits nicely in a tool box. You can lay it across the back seat with the lid open to keep it handy in traffic. I would have killed baton bitch.

My favorite pistol is a Browning Hi-Power I've had for thirty years. I still think it is the most concealable pistol with the most firepower, altho I bet it is now outclassed by a lot of the new stuff. The last time I actually fired it was back in the 80's, I hope it still works.
While both the mossburg and M-1 are very good as defense, they suck if you have to go to court. They both strongly suggest that you were either looking for trouble, expect trouble or are always in trouble. In a car, or for concealed carry, the safest weapon to carry is a simple clean revolver. It has six shots [if you need more than that, you planned poorly well before it came to weapons time] and any juror is going to remember that as the little gun their grandma or grandpa had. Much easier in court.

Now the Browning Hi Power S&W 40 is a good choice but is harder to justify than the revolver. The jury environment is about the same in Kentucky and Texas so it just pays to KISS.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #90 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 08:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz4benz
You guys down there in the lower 48 aren't allowed to carry concealed handguns in your rides?
In Kentucky, you have always been able to carry in car [with 2 step storage]. Concealed carry has been around for about 20 years and not a single person with a CCP has been charged with a felony firearms violation or violence with a firearm in the two decades. Kentucky has always had “open carry” which means that if one wished to just strap on a weapon, fully visible, that is completely legal.

While shooting are starting to get more common in Kentucky, it is still mainly in either urban areas or family shootings/beating/same ol’ same ol’.

We have very few car jackings or strong arm break-ins due to the expectation that there might just be return fire.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in