Can the Republican Party get any gayer? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 10:48 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Apparently the former Rev Haggard took that “My Rod and My Staff shall Comfort Thee” a little to literally. That is one of the problems with inerrancy.

Here are excerpts from his mea culpa, mea maxima culpa this past Sunday…or as Jimmy Swaggart said “Lord, I have sinned…but God the nookie was good”

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...home-headlines

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 12:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
It actually saddens me to have my prejudices against religious hypocrites confirmed so frequently and consistently.
The reason it seems to so "frequent" is due to the speed of media today and the focus of certain stories overplayed. The amount of "injustice" that occurs that you like to prejudice against is so small that it is almost nil.

This is just like parents of today afraid to let their kids outside to play when in actuallity it is safer today than it was 20-30 years ago. But the quickness in media has changed the PERCEPTION of reality.

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
Apparently the former Rev Haggard took that “My Rod and My Staff shall Comfort Thee” a little to literally. That is one of the problems with inerrancy.

Here are excerpts from his mea culpa, mea maxima culpa this past Sunday…or as Jimmy Swaggart said “Lord, I have sinned…but God the nookie was good”

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...home-headlines
But he did believe that he could help by turning the other cheek, as he planted the staff of righteousness in the valley of the faithful.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 11-06-2006 at 01:50 PM.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 02:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Now that the leader of the largest evangelical movement in America, Washington insider and top blue nose Mr. Haggard, has been exposed as a meth-sniffing switch hitter, I think it's time that we ask which party has the real "gay agenda". The GOP is essentially the biggest practictioner of Clinton's 'don't ask, don't tell' policy, and as such has allowed a group of closeted gays, starting with GOP chairman Ken Mehlman on down, to run the GOP. Their agenda seems to be to use the prejudices against gays of most average republicans to achieve power while hiding thier own homosexuality. Isn't it time to admit the real party that represents homosexuals in America is the GOP? After all, your average gay isn't the guy parading in San Francisco, its some well-mannered executive type who keeps it in the closet, and that certainly is represented in the GOP!

http://www.kktv.com/breakingnews/4557411.html
Once again, the left's closeted homophobia rears it's head.

I love how you went on and on about Foley being a "pedophile" for text messaging a six foot 175 pound strapping young man.

Hilarious.

First Kerry. Now FTL. The Freudian slips are undoing the Dems power grab scheme.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 10:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007

I love how you went on and on about Foley being a "pedophile" for text messaging a six foot 175 pound strapping young man.

Hilarious.

First Kerry. Now FTL. The Freudian slips are undoing the Dems power grab scheme.
It has nothing to do with homophobia. It has everything to do with hypocrites who chastise and lead their flocks or continuants against a group of people in a crusade and then, low and behold it turns out that they are playing in the same sandbox.

Watching Evangelicals and NeoCons as they have persecuted gays over the past 25 years, with rallies and protests and every type of bigotry imaginable being hurtful to people just because they don’t like gay’s lifestyle must be like the witch hunts of the 1600’s. Then, with folks like Jim Bakker and Ted Haggard and Swaggart and Foley participating in the same activities and not having the balls to man up and just admit it but whine away with excuse after excuse about why their activities are “different”.

If they want to be in a gay relationship, cool, it doubles their chance of getting laid on Saturday nights. But to protest and legislate and do everything they can against the gay community for years while hiding in the closet is just the worst form of bigoted hyprocracy.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 11:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007

Hilarious.

Sounds like you are tempted to call a "six foot strapping young man" yourself. Go ahead, be gay - liberals will still figure you deserve the right to a speedy and fair trial for violating some conservative blue law against cornholing. Just don't whip up those god-fearin' folk into a homophobic frenzy to win elections on "issues" like gay marriage. It makes you seem like the worst kind of opportunistic cornholers, ones even liberals can't like. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in