Why do some people still believe in Bush? - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks to years of neglect of our public education system and generally good financial growth, W. is what we deserve. Sad. Going down anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 09:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Now that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are over and each nation has settled into it's shining pro-West democracy, I believe Bush sent them off to build golf courses and hotels there in order to encourage tourism, drawing from the new upper class developed in the now thriving gulf states.
You've really got to learn to read: No where did I say the war against terrorism in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere was over. That will go on for many years to come. What I said was we ...
  • Won the war w/ Taliban and returned Afghanistan to the people in one month
  • Won war w/ Iraq in two weeks, capturing and/or killing Saddam and hundreds of Al-Qaeda leaders, and returning Iraq to its people

Don't believe everything you think
post #53 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Yeah won, as in done, over. You also said "Helped Afghanistan and Iraq create democracies in the middle of the ME". Not helping, but helped, as in done, over. Nice to hear things went so swimmingly while I was gone.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #54 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 09:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyx
i hate george bush
Fag
post #55 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 10:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Yeah won, as in done, over. You also said "Helped Afghanistan and Iraq create democracies in the middle of the ME". Not helping, but helped, as in done, over. Nice to hear things went so swimmingly while I was gone.
Both countries have constitutional democracies in place. I didn't say anything went "swimmingly," any more than our U.S. constitutional democracy went "swimmingly." It took us about 100 years and a civil war to get it right. So based on our experience, some might say it IS going swimmingly in Iraq and Afghanistan. Don't you think?

Don't believe everything you think
post #56 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 12:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Both countries have constitutional democracies in place. I didn't say anything went "swimmingly," any more than our U.S. constitutional democracy went "swimmingly." It took us about 100 years and a civil war to get it right. So based on our experience, some might say it IS going swimmingly in Iraq and Afghanistan. Don't you think?
Except for the part where WE decided to become a Democracy instead of a country a half a world away Deciding we were going to be a Democracy, and oh, by the way, only after they blew the shit out of a few hundred thousand of our citizens and destroyed our infrastructure.

Then, when we had our little Democracy, we did not have an occupying Army telling us how we were going to run it and a timetable to get our shit together because polls back home were screwing with the homeland''s happiness.

We also did not start our Democracy with a brand new visiting Terrorist Organization that never existed there before which stirred up shit and caused everyone to hate everyone.

Our little Democracy was also not forced to have two [or three] tribes that HATE each other live together in harmony so we could let our Democracy grow.

But you are right J, the parallels are staggering.

NOW, about those sources of yours? Any DATA to back up your BS? Or just your same ol' same ol'?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #57 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 01:27 PM
RFC

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Did you know we still have a military force in Germany & Japan.
And they still don't like it.
post #58 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 01:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFC
Did you know we still have a military force in Germany & Japan.
And they still don't like it.
Yes, I remember the last time you asked that question. and the answer is the same. Now the US forces are in Germany, not as occupiers but as partners and they seem to LOVE the money we give them every year to keep our planes and supplies and troops there. We are also partners in NATO.

Japan and the US play a game every so often about our presence there. They have not ever asked us to leave, nor do the citizens try to kill us on a daily basis. They also take our lease money without question.

Note that, since late 1946, we have NOT had an occupying force in either Japan or Germany. Also note we have a military force in Spain [which we have not been to war with since 1898], England [since 1812] and many other countries so maybe you need to retire that particular question as it is not very germane [or any of the other Jacksons].

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #59 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 02:19 PM
RFC

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
They were killing us at one time, by the hundreds of thousand of US soldiers, pal
The point, I see you got.
What well Iraq look like in 60 years?
You fucking don't know do you big guy?
Give it a chance, or what is the Dems plan
for the ME, never heard it.

We been more compassionate to the people of that country than any other country we've invaded.
Our only mistake was thinking they could handle the freedom on their own, clearly right NOW
that are having a hard time of it.

Last edited by RFC; 11-03-2006 at 02:22 PM.
post #60 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 02:21 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFC
They were killing us at one time, by the hundreds of thousand of US soldiers, pal
The point, I see you got.
What well Iraq look like in 60 years?
You fucking don't know do you big guy?
Give it a chance, or what is the Dems plan
for the ME, never heard it.
Since you feel so strongly about then you must have an idea what the ME or more specifically Iraq will look like in 60 years. tell us, do tell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in