To all Namsie Pansy Liberal DEMS......a question..... - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 07:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
After today's family barbeque to celebrate my nine year old's birthday, I am now offering Jakarta "free next day air delivery". Hey, any of you guys got a magazine?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: And what was left was what was guilt was what u gave to me
Location: A cavalcade of strangers came to tear ur world apart
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1726 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Originally Posted by mcbear
Over 40 posts and no answers. This works. My guess is that very little will change. Even with Newt's Contract with America, which was more like Contract on America in some respect, it took a tremendous amount of time for action to really take place. After all the preening on one side and bitching on the other, not much will change.

Will taxes go up? Maybe, but spending is more likely to shift first instead of jumping to new taxes. BUT, as I have said before, much like on your own house, there is a certain amount of spending you have to do. You can put it off and ignore it but after a while, you have to do it. We have put off infrastructure in this country to show that we can "cut your taxes" just about long enough. At some point, that infrastructure has to be fixed. 62% of all bridges are substandard, we are number 42 in the World Infant Mortality Rate, 28Million children live in poverty. Only 86% of students complete High School. The Teacher Boom of the 70's are retiring NOW. Debt interest is climbing and has to be paid daily by taxes. Air Traffic Control System are 30 years old, the ATC's hired after Reagan fired the striking ones are all at retirement age NOW. The Navy is down from Reagan's 600 ship Navy to near a 150 ship Navy. Bush has cut the Navy Fleet down by FOUR carrier groups. Money for Katrina has been promised but NOT spent, money for WTC victims has been promised but not spent yet. Those are more deficits to come.

The infrastructure has to be maintained. Bush did not maintain it and spent more money than ANY PRESIDENT IN HISTORY. Debt is UP, Deficit is UP.

Republicans sound like drunken women after a long shopping trip who have just melted their credit cards bitching that their husbands don't trust them. Then they bitch that hubby expects them to go out and work to help pay off the bills "and, like, that is just wrong". Somebody's gotta pay for all that debt that got run up and somebody has got to pay to paint the house and fix the roof and mow the lawn and get braces for the kids. Infrastructure.
Well said and sadly true I feel. I am only 36yrs old and I must pay for all these mistakes.
post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 09:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by deathrattle

Je ne pense pas, mais peut-être voila? , non pardon viola.
Nothing worse than limey French.

Translated: " Right after I kick your arse, I will surrender. Then we can watch Benny Hill."
post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Forget the fertilizer, I will take a heaping portion of those pork ribs. My wife is Muslim and will not touch it but I am a very liberal Muslim, the onlyt thing she asks is I do not eat pork during Ramadan and Lebaran. This just finished so I am free and clear to eat the sow.
post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 04:18 AM
Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by DaveN007
Nothing worse than limey French.

Translated: " Right after I kick your arse, I will surrender. Then we can watch Benny Hill."

It would seem there IS something worse than Limey French- Davey wit.
post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 05:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1118 Post(s)
I say ...Wit !!! your havin a laff Mr DR , oh thats right you are
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stanleyc3x4.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	339.4 KB
ID:	103146  

Last edited by Von Vorschlag; 10-30-2006 at 05:26 AM.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: