Democrat Webb says Boy's penis in father's mouth is not sexual act.....right - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 03:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
I think everybody should write novels about having sexual relationships with children. As Mrs Clinton was fond of saying, do it for the chidlren.
In William Faulkner's novel Sanctuary a young teenage girl falls in love with a man who in her first sexual experience brutally rapes her with a corn cob, a scene put in words that will leave you emotionally seared after reading them, leave you as brutalized as the girl was. Have you actually read Webb's book to see if it's graphic sexual scene is part of some greater theme as one would find in Faulkner book? In your sarcastic post, you demonstrate an intellectual lowness I have not seen in you before. Should Faulkner have been arrested and his books banned? Is the theme of the corruption of childhood hope and innocence by sick and twisted adults now to be banned? Why the automatic assumption Webb was writing something Republican Congressmen would jack off to? That he wrote something for purrient interest?

Mr. Webb says he based the scene in his novel on something he witnessed in Southeast Asia. Should the things we see in life now be banned from paper and pen? Why don't you put on a little uniform and make a bonfire of the books you don't like?

To the bozo who doesn't even live in this country who started this thread, CNS is a noted rightwing disinformation site.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 10-28-2006 at 03:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 03:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Mr. Webb says he based the scene in his novel on something he witnessed in Southeast Asia. Should the things we see in life now be banned from paper and pen? Why don't you put on a little uniform and make a bonfire of the books you don't like?

In William Faulkner's novel Sanctuary a young girls falls in love with a man who in her first sexual experience brutally rapes her with a corn cob. Need a match, fuckhead?
Did you read what I said?

"I have absoluetely no problem with folks writing whatever they want, whenever they want. I love a good paper trail."

Jim, please read Mr FeelTheLove's comment concerning where the author observed the scene that he put into the book. Adolf Hitler had his little fantasy world that he constructed from observations of life, too. Same with the neocons taht we all love to hate. And let's do remember that some of us believe that the Bible is more mythological than factual, so it's sexy scenes have at least those similarities with Webb's world.

Perhaps, Jim, we all need to step back and consdier what lessons maybe had from writers such as Doestoyevsky or Ayn Rand or George Orwell because after all, they just wrote fiction, too.
post #23 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 03:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
Sounds like a democrat too me!!!
You sound like a dumbfuck to me. Say, while your in Indonesia, why don't you send some chicken pics to your Republican Congressman so he can wack his monkey to them?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 10-28-2006 at 04:12 PM.
post #24 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 04:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Spiderman comics have adults performing sexual acts on children? No wonder my parents wouldn't buy me comics.

How old should people be before they read novels with man-boy love in them? How much of that stuff is okay? Just once on one page? Wouldn't want to judge a man by what he writes sufficiently interesting to write about it. Like say, Mein Kampf. Wouldn't want to judge the author of that book too harshly.

B
I now rate you as the phoniest Libertarian I have ever met.

post #25 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 04:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
I have absoluetely no problem with folks writing whatever they want, whenever they want. I love a good paper trail.

Take for example, Adolph Hitler. He wrote a book describing what needed to be done and then did it. Thanks for the roadmap.

Or Ted Kazynsky. Thanks Ted.

And the Zodiac and BTK guys. Lots of laughs there, too.

Oh yeah, the much appreciated neocon political philosophers all described their vision of a better life. Let's thank them, too.

"There's lots of stories of sexual promiscuity in the Bible too. Ditto on murder, bestiality, rape, torture, etc." And most of us think that religious zealots present a problem for secular governments. Fortunately, we have their writings as insight, even though they may not be entirely factual.

It's always good to know about folks and few things are better than the writings that are sent for the public to read. How we decide to incorporate what people write is entirely up to the reader. We wouldn't want to dictate how people should respond, would we?

Would we not ALSO agree that to ignore what people write would be freaking stupid?

Bot
In other words, you haven't read this particular book, and don't know a fucking thing about it.

post #26 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 04:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
In other words, you haven't read this particular book, and don't know a fucking thing about it.
That's exactly right. And the chances are very high that I won't read a book that has scenes of sexual intercourse between adults and children.

But like I said, I don't want anything censored. people should be able to choose for themselves what they wish to read.

Tell me what is there about my position on that which is in conflict with libertarianism. I honestly don't understand your comment about that.

B
post #27 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 04:27 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
post #28 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 04:33 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Bot, in your future, forget about cannabis and think neuroleptics.
post #29 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 04:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
Bot, in your future, forget about cannabis and think neuroleptics.
It's been so long since I screwed around with drugs that I had to look-up "neuroleptics" before I could be fully offended, though I suspected that I should probably be offended first. So I was somewhat predisposed to be offended.
post #30 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 04:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
That's exactly right. And the chances are very high that I won't read a book that has scenes of sexual intercourse between adults and children.

But like I said, I don't want anything censored. people should be able to choose for themselves what they wish to read.

Tell me what is there about my position on that which is in conflict with libertarianism. I honestly don't understand your comment about that.

B
Media Reviews

Publishers Weekly
"Webb's cultural and political portrayal of Vietnam 25 years after the war's end is delivered with such bold strokes and magical detail.... This is a highly personal and empathetic look at today's Vietnam.... This detailed, lovingly drawn portrait of Vietnam reveals a sad, tortured country that has never recovered from the horrifying events of a quarter-century ago."

Senator John McCain
"James Webb's new novel paints a portrait of a modern Vietnam charged with hopes for the future but haunted by the ghosts of its war-torn past. It captures well the lingering scars of the war, and exposes the tension between the dynamism of a new generation and the invisible bondage of an older generation for whom wartime allegiances, and animosities, are rendered no less vivid by the passage of time. A novel of revenge and redemption that tells us much about both where Vietnam is headed and where it has been."

Walter Anderson, Chairman and Publisher, Parade Magazine
"A masterpiece, one of the most poignant and powerful novels of this generation ... Lost Soldiers is one of those rare books that is not only a beautifully realized literary triumph but also a crackling good page-turner. Its seamless blend of mystery and intrigue, with its subtle truths of history and culture and its stories of love and honor played out by unforgettable characters, is nothing short of miraculous. Jim Webb did not set out to write a healing book, but that is what he has done. I suspect Lost Soldiers can bring my country together after years of debate and division --- and it took a warrior to write it. You will come away a different person after you've read it."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in