Rumors on the Internets: Next big shoe to drop in Foley scandal: Is Hastert gay? - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 04:12 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Ouch
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Aside from sexual abuse of minors, or rape, why should anybody care who is porking whom?
Closeted gays may be subject to blackmail. Hey, here's a plausible theory: Tom Delay, unable to achieve the Speakership due to his notoriety picks some schlub congressman nobody has ever heard of to he Speaker of the House. Now why would Tom do that?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 05:36 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
I believe he's wearing his foil hat as my mindrays cannot discern his past Machiavellian intent.
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Why Hastert's sexual preference matters
by Todd Johnston
www.dailykos.com

The speculation about whether House Speaker Dennis Hastert is gay/bisexual is gaining steam, as well as ammunition. Some consider Hastert's co-habitation (when in DC) with Scott Palmer -- his 55 year old, single Chief of Staff -- a compelling argument. And those who believe everyone knows everyone else's business in DC are swayed by mounting reports that Hastert's same sex preference is not exactly news on Capitol Hill.

All of which begs the question: so what? The question was even fiercely debated here on Kos, in Mz Kleen's diary "Is Hastert Gay?

Most of the debate centers on whether GOP anti-gay rights stances (and outright gay bashing) is balanced by "outting" those members who are gay to demonstrate their hypocrisy. But that argument misses the point. Politics isn't about ideology these days -- it's all about money. Sadly, Hastert's sexuality is now an important issue for voters, although not to decide whether he's a hypocrite.

Todd Johnston's diary :: ::
Almost immediately after the Foley scandal set its roots, the calls for Hastert's resignation began. Honestly, that caught me by surprise. Why was the GOP throwing Hastert under the bus? The answer is that they didn't, although I missed it at first.

The Christian extremist rainmakers attacked the Speaker like a pack of wolves. Paul Weyrich, Richard Viguerie, David Bossie, the Washington Times, i.e. the Rev. Sun Myung Moon -- this is who led the charge. And soon after, those politicians most beholden cautiously followed suit. This was a power play by a major source of GOP funds, aimed swiftly and directly at Dennis Hastert. But why him, instead of Boehner or Blunt or Reynolds or Alexander or Shimkus?

This is a guess -- my guess -- but I suspect the question of Hastert's sexual preference is in fact a long-standing rumor in DC. That DOES NOT make it true. However, even a persistent rumor would be enough for Chrisitian extremist idealogues to loathe Dennis Hastert and plot his removal. I really don't think the Weyriches and Vigueries of the world believe in anything but power, but like Ralph Reed and Jack Abramoff, they front for "true believers" and must reward morality plays with money and political tenure.

So, were Hastert considered a 'known' homosexual in the right, hateful circles, Foley's actions may have represented a long-awaited opportunity. And the speed and coordination of a single branch of the GOP's propaganda machine seems to support the idea that a momentary rift formed in their power base. While corpulent white talk show hosts shouted conspiracy theories about Democrats and the timing of the Foley scandal, the real power brokers who typically work quietly behind the scenes went public. They made threats.

And for a day or two, the job of Speaker of House hung in the balance.

But now, all of sudden, Hastert has seemingly gone toe to toe with "humanity's Savior, Messiah, Returning Lord and True Parent," the founder and leader of the "New Right," and the "funding father" of modern conservative strategy, and stared them down. President George Bush himself has endorsed the Speaker and is stumping for his re-election.

But -- and I repeat, this is speculation -- if Dennis Hastert is gay, there can only be one logical conclusion: some kind of deal has been struck. And the terms of that deal include keeping Hastert's homosexuality a secret.

So here is why it matters if Hastert is gay: if the Speaker of House's sexual preference is being used behind the scenes as a bargining chip in our political process, the voters must be told. Not because it may or may not make Hastert a hypocrite (to either side) but because his sexual preference is being used to manipulate the balance of power in Congress.

Ironically, this is the argument long offered by hateful bigots for keeping gay men and women out of political office, that if closeted their secret could used for political blackmail.

But is it not the M.O. of the current GOP leadership, to use that about which they most loudly protest as a means for personal gain?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 04:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's what I like about you, ready to join in on the light hearted frivolity.
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 06:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Now we've sunk to the point of seeking confirmation of reality from DailyKos. Anybody got anything from Rush's site to counter Kos? We can have all the partisan geniuses puking their bile on each other.

My leftwing rumor-spreading hate monger can beat-up your rightwing rumor-spreading hate monger and that's okay because we are so different from each other.

What ever happened to people who could reasonably disagree? Good grief.

Last edited by Botnst; 10-26-2006 at 06:13 PM.
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 06:26 PM
RFC

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Now we've sunk to the point of seeking confirmation of reality from DailyKos. Anybody got anything from Rush's site to counter Kos? We can have all the partisan geniuses puking their bile on each other.

My leftwing rumor-spreading hate monger can beat-up your rightwing rumor-spreading hate monger and that's okay because we are so different from each other.

Don't you know somebody? Cause if you don't, I could point you in the direction of a guy who does know somebody
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Killjoy.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 02:15 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 2007 CL550
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I say we take the 3% of the population gay agenda pushers and give them their own island to live on so the 97% can watch TV and movies without a bunch of freaks trying to tell us what to think and what to wear. I dont buy it and I never will. To be gay, thats your problem. To push the agenda, thats everyones problem. The island idea is sounding better to me all the time. Within one generation they will all die off unless they get straight for a night!
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:

You should discuss the actual real issues here instead of nailing yourself to a cross. Here they are:

Is the reason Mark Foley was able to engage in engineering sexual assualts on children for about three years because the top leadership in the House feared exposing him because it would result in they themselves being exposed?

Was Tom Delay controlling this group thru political blackmail as well?

Shouldn't the voters be aware that those pushing a "holier than thou" political agenda are essentially rank hypocrites, ranting Limbaugh slogans by day while fucking each other in the ass by night? Talk about Elmer Gantry, what a bunch of fucking slime these guys are.

These are all substantive issues that happen to kick your side right in the ass. You claim your own holiness, yet in the process expose yourself as being just as much a right wing hack by claiming this is all just tabloid talk. It is not. These are questions that the public should have answered.

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 10-27-2006 at 04:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in