post #51 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 03:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Yeah, Muhammed Ali has been faking it for years, as well...
Why would you say that? I don't believe, for a minute, that HE is faking it. I just happen to KNOW from several news reports that fauxFox IS! Get over it...

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 03:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
It depends if his a republican or a democrat, if he is the latter then Jay has the answer
I am totally non-partisan when it comes to political/Parkinson fakes like fauxFox!

post #53 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 03:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
Q- What should you do if you discover a Parkinson's sufferer in your bath tub?

A- Throw in your laundry.
That's sooooo bad...

post #54 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 04:09 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I have seen him quoted on two network news shows and two cable news shows to the effect that he deliberately goes off meds in order to maximize the emotional impact of his political appearances. I'm sure you can find one of them if you Google it... So get ready to be disgusted!

At least Jeff Suppan is for real! And I'll bet he brings in more votes than fauxFox!!
You seem to be missing the point. Parkinson's is a progressive degenerative disease which as yet has no cure. The medications currently available merely ameliorate the symptoms. Presumably if he chooses to reduce his medications to allow the reality of his disease to become obvious, to stress the need for urgent research, then that is his prerogative. Logically, his condition cloaked by drugs is more of a deception.
post #55 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 04:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Concerning EMBRYONIC stem cell research, there's nothing preventing folks from seeking private or state funding, is there? IIRC, the amount of funding that failed to get through Congress is like 10% of what California is spending. This is a great opportunity for people to get their state universities BACK into the funding driver's seat for basic science. Why not?

So far, after many hundreds of millions of dollars have been spent on embryonic stem cell research I am not aware of any new treatments as a result of that research.

The whole controversy of using embryonic stem cells maybe moot in a few years as researchers continue to improve somatic stem cell production. That might be a less expensive method of harvesting stem cells in the long run and thus, more cost-effective avenue of research.

Finally, concerning the moral issue, I don't have one. It's all tissue to me and so I don't care one way or the other. To me, it's just another venue for political hacks to flail away at each other,

B
post #56 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 04:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
You seem to be missing the point. Parkinson's is a progressive degenerative disease which as yet has no cure. The medications currently available merely ameliorate the symptoms. Presumably if he chooses to reduce his medications to allow the reality of his disease to become obvious, to stress the need for urgent research, then that is his prerogative. Logically, his condition cloaked by drugs is more of a deception.
That is the most convoluted "logic" I've heard in a long time... He IS a fraud, and he even brags about it!

post #57 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 04:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Concerning EMBRYONIC stem cell research, there's nothing preventing folks from seeking private or state funding, is there? IIRC, the amount of funding that failed to get through Congress is like 10% of what California is spending. This is a great opportunity for people to get their state universities BACK into the funding driver's seat for basic science. Why not?

So far, after many hundreds of millions of dollars have been spent on embryonic stem cell research I am not aware of any new treatments as a result of that research.

The whole controversy of using embryonic stem cells maybe moot in a few years as researchers continue to improve somatic stem cell production. That might be a less expensive method of harvesting stem cells in the long run and thus, more cost-effective avenue of research.

Finally, concerning the moral issue, I don't have one. It's all tissue to me and so I don't care one way or the other. To me, it's just another venue for political hacks to flail away at each other,

B
You really nailed it, IMO! My thoughts exactly!! Let's let the others here "flail away" at each other.

post #58 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 04:26 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
Rush? Going, going...
Someone once said: "I can't lower my standarts fast enough to keep up with the quality of my friends."
post #59 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 04:26 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
That is the most convoluted "logic" I've heard in a long time... He IS a fraud, and he even brags about it!
Explain?
post #60 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 04:31 PM
RFC

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Air America had a doctor on today that said if he (M Fox) was not taking his med
he would not be able to move, the medication causes the shaking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in