post #71 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Botnst is apparently hesitant to describe a 99% probability as "FACT". The Bush administration was actively seeking evidence to support a predisposed stance, rather than objectively weighing all evidence. That is obvious to all. My personal favorite was the administration's policy of rewarding Iraqi expatriates for "good" information, but sending them packing if they provided "true" information. The bias in the administration's "intelligence" gathering has been clearly demonstrated by a wide range of unrelated sources.
Botnst wonders how you computed that "99% probability."

Botnst says that 99.999999% of people who claim a 99% probability in any political analysis have no idea how to compute a conditional probability.

B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
We trolls occasionally quantificate in order to pontificate. Substitute "extreme" for "99%" in order to extricate the obfuscate from pontificate. Got it, mate?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #73 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:36 PM
~BANNED~

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Contrarian
post #74 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFC
If the shoe fits. Big stories on the web
Re the Iraq WMD. It is not “I know someone who knows someone”. It is I eat lunch two times a week with the Captain who was doing the testing. Pretty big difference.

As for the other items, you are too biased to read newspapers and magazines and independent sources to draw a fact based conclusion. You criticize a sentence on Archived Documents from 1100 days ago by saying “There is the HINDSIGHT again” WELL DUH!! Are you a moron. Of course it is HINDSIGHT. One does not speak of historical events with Foresight, or Omnisight, or Clairvoyance.

And as for reporters on the ground, if you remember, which I really doubt your selective memory will grab this particular synapse but during the first two weeks, the two weeks with the BIG BOMBING CAMPAIGN, reporters were not allowed to wander around Baghdad or in ANY of the outlying provinces. These would be the two weeks where wads of people were killed in their houses. And as for how many are male, who knows, these are counted as Civilian, not Military deaths, which are on completely different lists. The only reporters out were those embeds that were very much under control of the military and if you remember Geraldo, he was short leashed pretty quickly when he went off script.

But go ahead and follow Jayhawk in continuing to believe the unbelievable and arguing only with muddle and no logic. Somehow it fits you.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #75 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Should all countries with WMDs be invaded? Or just the ones who have actually used WMDs?
Shit, you are not going to get them wound up and wanting to invade Madison County are you? That means I gotta get my Chem suit out and I don't think it fits as well as it did. Too much pizza at the shop.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #76 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
[QUOTE=Botnst]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
Didn't your momma teach you that it's rude to respond to a question with another question? ...

Did yours?
Nope? Nice evasion...again.
post #77 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
Shit, you are not going to get them wound up and wanting to invade Madison County are you? That means I gotta get my Chem suit out and I don't think it fits as well as it did. Too much pizza at the shop.
Shhhhhh -- you blew my gambit right outta the water. Let me try to find another carrot for the end of that stick now.......

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #78 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 05:58 PM
RFC

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
Re the Iraq WMD. It is not “I know someone who knows someone”. It is I eat lunch two times a week with the Captain who was doing the testing. Pretty big difference. I don't give a pigs eye what tards you eat,
clearly they are as oneside as you. I know somebody whoopde do

As for the other items, you are too biased to read newspapers and magazines and independent sources to draw a fact based conclusion. You criticize a sentence on Archived Documents from 1100 days ago by saying “There is the HINDSIGHT again” WELL DUH!! Are you a moron. Of course it is HINDSIGHT. One does not speak of historical events with Foresight, or Omnisight, or Clairvoyance. NY Times Washington Post. Read on

And as for reporters on the ground, if you remember, which I really doubt your selective memory will grab this particular synapse but during the first two weeks, the two weeks with the BIG BOMBING CAMPAIGN, reporters were not allowed to wander around Baghdad or in ANY of the outlying provinces. These would be the two weeks where wads of people were killed in their houses. And as for how many are male, who knows, these are counted as Civilian, not Military deaths, which are on completely different lists. The only reporters out were those embeds that were very much under control of the military and if you remember Geraldo, he was short leashed pretty quickly when he went off script. Most bombing was done at night. They brouhgt CNN out during the day, why were most military sites near the civilains schools & hospitals also used a bomb shelters. I believe your own study had the % of males killed
But go ahead and follow Jayhawk in continuing to believe the unbelievable and arguing only with muddle and no logic. Somehow it fits you.
I know you know somebody who knows somebody, you've told everyone, I think once or twice.
That still doesn't mean you're not a big windbag backseat armchair general want to be.

Last edited by RFC; 10-26-2006 at 06:01 PM.
post #79 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 06:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
I'm a double-nought spy and a brain surgeon.

B
post #80 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 06:22 PM
RFC

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Should all countries with WMDs be invaded? Or just the ones who have actually used WMDs?
Sure, when would you like to lead the pack.
Poor Japan, they never did dig themselves out of that hole.
Or did you mean countries that have threanted to use them on another
to destroy them, just in the recent years. Heck even one year ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in