post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Impeachment prospects

Pretty low according to the Speaker-in-Waiting.

Bot

---------

Pelosi: 'Impeachment is off the table'

WASHINGTON, Oct. 22 (UPI) -- U.S. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., has pledged not to pursue impeachment of President George W. Bush if Democrats win the November election.

"Impeachment is off the table," said Pelosi in an interview aired Sunday on CBS "60 Minutes."

Asked if that was a pledge, Pelosi said it was.

"Yes, it is a pledge," she said. "Of course it is."

Pelosi called impeachment "a waste of time," and suggested Republicans -- who have controlled the House for 12 years -- would make political hay out of it if Democrats tried to impeach Bush.

"Wouldn't they just love it if we came in and our record as Democrats coming forth after 12 years is to talk about George Bush and Dick Cheney? This election is about them. This is a referendum on them. Making them lame ducks is good enough for me."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 11:38 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
In reality, it's the most sensible position to take, but I would love to see Bush and Bliar made to squirm and held accountable for their deception of their citizens.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 11:48 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
that's ok, trials at the Hague will do.

in political asylum
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 12:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I don't think impeachment would be the A answer, even though I think enough "less than truthful" statements to Congress have made the option available.

The country needs to figure out a way to eliminate the mass polarization that has occured in the past 15 years [ummm, just about the same number of years Rush has been on National Airwaves]. If that could occur and a more moderate faction, or at least "working bipartisian" faction came together at least positive work could be done.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 01:06 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Wow, so there was that looming potential.
Well I guess history will do that if those spineless jellies can't or won't do it.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 01:18 PM
CH4S Artist

Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
A different approach
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11bca5d impeach.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	407.0 KB
ID:	102387  
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 01:21 PM
~BANNED~

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Love to see Bush impeached but highly improbable. Best we can hope for is that history makes him look like a loon and hopefully not the beginning of the end of the USA world dominance.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 01:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
Love to see Bush impeached but highly improbable. Best we can hope for is that history makes him look like a loon and hopefully not the beginning of the end of the USA world dominance.
He does not need History to make him look like a loon, it will only record his own efforts.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 02:21 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
The country needs to figure out a way to eliminate the mass polarization that has occured in the past 15 years [ummm, just about the same number of years Rush has been on National Airwaves]. If that could occur and a more moderate faction, or at least "working bipartisian" faction came together at least positive work could be done.
Rush has been on the airwaves far longer than 15 years. I was listening to (and calling into) his national show at least 18 years ago.

Rush was almost immediately very, very popular for two reasons. 1) He is an entertainer first, and a 'conservative' second. I don't think he personally believes most of what he says or does, certainly not to the lengths he goes to on-air.

2) There was a vast untapped market for a conservatively-oriented talk show.

The folly of Limbaugh is that he did such a good job building himself up (e.g. "I'm right 98.5% of the time, as documented by so-and-so", and the book "See, I told you so"), that lots of mental midgets shut off their brains and became slaves to him. (Exhibit "A", Jayhawk. ) In hindsight, it was probably naive to assume that with such a vast national audience and rabid message of "I'm right all the time, ergo it's safe to think what I tell you to think", that you wouldn't serve to polarize the nation.

I would argue that Rush didn't start the fire. He just gave it a lot of fuel and hot air.

Guys like Newt Gingrich were responsible for the overthrow of the Democrats, who in that day held the role of the current Republicans. While there have been relatively few fence hoppers, the ideals seem to have returned to those demonstrated by the Democrats 15-20 years ago...nowadays, those people run as Republicans.

The party political system needs to be abolished. I say again. The political party system needs to be abolished. The RNC and DNC need to be 86'ed. If you give money to them, fucking stop it. You're pouring fuel onto the fire just like Rush.

I see a market for a company that can document and deliver metrics & statistics for one's performance as a congressman at the state & federal levels. Actions speak louder than words and affiliations. You can either believe an athlete when he tells you he'll win you a championship, or you can review his past performance to see if he's demonstrated the ability to do so.

If there's no such company, perhaps we should start one.
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 02:29 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
The party political system needs to be abolished. I say again. The political party system needs to be abolished. The RNC and DNC need to be 86'ed. If you give money to them, fucking stop it. You're pouring fuel onto the fire just like Rush.
How about just adding more parties? I see no way to accomplish that without the forced curtailment of election spending -- even then...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in