Sponsored Links
post #102 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 09:15 AM
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Originally Posted by BadBenz94
Im not here to get into your mind and try and think how you think however closed minded it may be in regards to this. But to defend myself ,my motivations started at a young age, 13?. I didn't feel it necessary to tell you ever aspect of my life and my drive to do things. But lets look at your theory that I wasted have of my life going to business school to jump ship.

Graduated high school at 17. I wanted to go into the Navy at that point but wanted to fly , even AFTER the first invasion was over, believe it or not. But knew that you can't fly without being an officer and that requires a degree. Went to junior college for a few years while working full time at a local Ford dealership in California to support myself and send myself to school(my parent moved to the midwest after my HS grad and didn't want to support me). At 19 I was living paycheck to paycheck and eating once a day(not looking for sorrow here). I wrecked my pride and joy at the time(65 convt Mustang) and it was the straw that broke the camels back.

I moved back home worked a few more years to pay off some debt while attending some additional junior college and met my to be wife. This should bring us up to about 1996(graduated in 91). I went to Northern Illinois University where I avg between 16-18 credits per semester plus going to summer school and working on the weekend as my wife was pregnant with our only child. I graduated in 2 years(1998).

I then was offered a job as a full time officer. I took the job as both law enforcement and serving my country has always appealed to me in the most altruistic sense. I realized that afer two years it wasn't what I wanted to subject my family to for the rest of their lives( working midnights, weekends, holidays, missing family events and on days off often being in court dealing with the best society has to offer). I was speaking with some mutual friends and the financial world appealed to me and I was still able to work pt time as an officer(year is now 2000).

While buying our home, putting our child through private school and paying bills I feel now if there was going to be any time to do this, its as close as it ever could be. My wife is doing well in business and so is our son in school. My thoughts of it does not mean I have made a decision nor does my lack of not doing it earlier does not make some schmuck as you lay me out to be to fly aircraft and shoot from afar like some video game.

Your arrogance is astounding.

Botnst has served our country and seems to be one of few here that gives the benefit of the doubt to those who disagree with you, FTL etc. He plays with both sides and their ideas and doesnt condem those who feel differently. He seems to be the most subjectful and insightful of just about everyone here.

So please maybe learn something from him as Im trying to do the same. Hope this helps.
Arrogance? this exchange was about you and you got a point of view you may not agree with so now it's arrogance? Maybe it is, after all this is OT, what do you expect?
post #103 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 09:25 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I was lucky enough to spend some time with Carlos Hathcock a few years before he passed. Those guys have an interesting mindset if he was to be considered typical...... I kind of doubt that any of them can be considered typical though.
More to the point, one or two men can tie up multiple squads of troops easy enough. A good team can mess with a Platoon, or even a Company, and survive. So a few snipers surviving in the indigenous population the size of Baghdad is not unexpected. If they are any good they will not be caught for quite some time. The best way to tag them is with another sniper, and in a city like Baghdad it would be more luck then skill..........

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #104 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 11:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Professor
Arrogance? this exchange was about you and you got a point of view you may not agree with so now it's arrogance? Maybe it is, after all this is OT, what do you expect?

Here is the definition: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions

You assumed things about me and my desires and debated/argued over them. Either way I will move on over this. Ill come to expect more of this in OT!

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #105 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I think you girls will enjoy this site:
post #106 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 12:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by deathrattle

I think you girls will enjoy this site:
Hint taken... and that is a good site.

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: