The time and place of your own death - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 05:55 AM
~BANNED~
 
deathrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Location: Head in the clouds
Posts: 11,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon
Following your theory if someone is eaten alive by cannibals or tigers s/he continues to exist in their flesh.

It's not atomic structure I was asking about but this thing called "soul".

But thanks for trying.

Stop by when you are in SF and I'll buy you Tyskie.

I may well be in California sooner than you think!

I was going to say, regarding what happens to our 'soul', that I believe our soul is a way of describing our consciousness and that some say we will be able to transfer this to an atificial brain perhaps within our lifetimes.

By coincidence, BBC is this very evening airing a programme on this subject:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/prog...x/singularity/

Mind-blowing eh?
deathrattle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 06:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Welcome to the world of pantheism, or as Carl Sagan expressed it, "We are the stuff of stars." (Then stare vacantly with gaping jaw)
Botnst is offline  
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 06:42 AM
~BANNED~
 
deathrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Location: Head in the clouds
Posts: 11,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
^^^^^^^

See guys, this 'Chatbot' technology is improving all the time. I'm confident that quite soon it's replies will make some sort of sense.






;-) (nearly forgot)
deathrattle is offline  
post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 07:00 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
^^^^^^^

See guys, this 'Chatbot' technology is improving all the time. I'm confident that quite soon it's replies will make some sort of sense.






;-) (nearly forgot)
If all our bits go back into the coz-mick goo and all of our bits came from the coz-mick goo, then we are the coz-mick goo!

Goo-goo ga-joo!

B
Botnst is offline  
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 09:45 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
I may well be in California sooner than you think!

I was going to say, regarding what happens to our 'soul', that I believe our soul is a way of describing our consciousness and that some say we will be able to transfer this to an atificial brain perhaps within our lifetimes.

By coincidence, BBC is this very evening airing a programme on this subject:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/prog...x/singularity/

Mind-blowing eh?
All right man drop me a PM when you are here, we'll discuss it further and Tyskie is certainly going to help.
maine_coon is offline  
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 10:07 AM
BenzWorld Extremist
 
Prana25's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 04 SL55 AMG
Location: Sacramento, CA - US
Posts: 927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
I may well be in California sooner than you think!
Well, make you you drop me an email also. I'm always looking for an excuse to go down to SF. Grab a beer with the boys... sounds great to me.
Prana25 is offline  
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 10:15 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prana25
Well, make you you drop me an email also. I'm always looking for an excuse to go down to SF. Grab a beer with the boys... sounds great to me.
"Grab a beer with the boys..." Be careful when you do that in SF...

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 01:12 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
 
Prana25's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 04 SL55 AMG
Location: Sacramento, CA - US
Posts: 927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Regardless, I'm secure enough that I wouldn't be tempted to switch hit. 6 years in the Navy certainly solidified my level of acceptance. I never understood the one cook that made fruit sculptures on a ship of over 5300 guys.

I wouldn’t really want to go for drinks in the Castro district, but I've never been one for overt display of anything.
Prana25 is offline  
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 01:24 PM
~BANNED~
 
deathrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Location: Head in the clouds
Posts: 11,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prana25
Regardless, I'm secure enough that I wouldn't be tempted to switch hit. 6 years in the Navy certainly solidified my level of acceptance. I never understood the one cook that made fruit sculptures on a ship of over 5300 guys.

I wouldn’t really want to go for drinks in the Castro district, but I've never been one for overt display of anything.
I agree. I attended an all-boys Pulic school, wherein as you might imagine, there was much banter around the subject of homosexuality. Subsequently, guess which group eventually came out of the closet?-those whom routinely raised the subject and were first to accuse others. Jayhawk, is there something you want to share?

When I lived in LA, I often took a $50 round-trip to spend the weekend in SF with a good friend of mine. We used to hang out in the 'Triangle' mostly. Sadly, in the 90s he was killed in an air crash and I haven't been back since, despite it being one of my favourite cities on the planet (that I've visited so far).
deathrattle is offline  
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 01:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
I agree. I attended an all-boys Pulic school, wherein as you might imagine, there was much banter around the subject of homosexuality. Subsequently, guess which group eventually came out of the closet?-those whom routinely raised the subject and were first to accuse others. Jayhawk, is there something you want to share?

When I lived in LA, I often took a $50 round-trip to spend the weekend in SF with a good friend of mine. We used to hang out in the 'Triangle' mostly. Sadly, in the 90s he was killed in an air crash and I haven't been back since, despite it being one of my favourite cities on the planet (that I've visited so far).
No. Nothing to report... SF is one of my favorite cities too! Sorry 'bout your friend.

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    E430 engine warning lamp lights up from time to time maciek W210 E50 AMG, E55 AMG 0 10-18-2006 07:53 AM
    Long time Viewer, First time Poster. Pics of my Benz.. david26209 W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 14 06-21-2006 03:13 PM
    What time of the year does this Auto Show take place? oldowl2 W201 190-Class 2 01-09-2005 07:44 PM
    Long time Benzworld first time w202 post! 02W163 W202 C-Class 1 06-27-2003 11:00 PM
    Where is the best place to get a carbon fiber steering wheel? Cheapest place..... SilverSport R170 SLK-Class 1 01-12-2002 08:41 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome