LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 12:36 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpton
So.. the US is now protecting both all of this planet - and now the space above as well....
Jeez your Government is bloody arrogant in its self-righteousness!.
You finally said something smart. Congrats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 01:31 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: '90 560SEL, V8 Landcruiser, Toyota S/Wagon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You'll keep - Ta.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 03:53 AM
BNZ
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2006
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpton
You'll keep - Ta.
Yeagoodonya.

I claim all the galaxies....ALL !

__________________________________________________ __________
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 05:39 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
All your base are belong to us!
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 06:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1997 S320 LWB
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wasn't the space between Bush's ears enough?
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 07:57 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Can we stay on topic?
Who wants to help me put a space real estate startup company? Since space is ours, then I don't see why we should not be entitled to partition it for development as tax payers.
I hereby lay claim to all space between the Earth and the Moon and will institute a tax on any traffic or devices aloft within this area. I would like to put my claim retroactive to 1957
Why don't you try and do some mining under your house first....... I believe you would need to own the mineral rights, which you don't get when you buy the property.... AFAIK, it's all yours once you put your claim stake in place....

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
Why don't you try and do some mining under your house first....... I believe you would need to own the mineral rights, which you don't get when you buy the property.... AFAIK, it's all yours once you put your claim stake in place....
That's interesting, so who owns it? I happened to find some artifacts while digging and I am not too sure if the stuff is American Indian or from outer space. For instance I found what looked like a partial metal sheet and just as I was cleaning it in the tub it floated and changed color from gray to black upon water contact. When I dried it it came back to its original color. I figured it had some properties that I could test by passing an electric current through it, sure enough as I increased the current (amps) the thingy changed colors at different ranges until it totally became transparent like glass. I was floored.
Should I keep this thing or turn it in to the "authorities"?
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Here is another article on the thread topic:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...410592,00.html
Quote:
America wants it all - life, the Universe and everything

World Briefing by Bronwen Maddox
SPACE: no longer the final frontier but the 51st state of the United States. The new National Space Policy that President Bush has signed is comically proprietory in tone about the US’s right to control access to the rest of the solar system.
NI_MPU('middle');The document makes a serious point about our growing dependence on satellites, the military threats to them and ways of protecting them. But America has rejected the desire by 160 other countries to have United Nations talks about banning an arms race in space, an extravagantly unilateral approach whose appeal you might have thought would have been tarnished by its experience in Iraq.
Its vision of the space programme, military more than scientific, is also undermined by its taste for manned missions — and the breathtaking cost.
Bush signed the document on August 31, and the White House released the text this month in the late afternoon of the Friday of a holiday weekend. So the first full revision of space policy for ten years has provoked controversy abroad as much as at home. The eyecatching declaration is that the US asserts the right to deny access to space to anyone “hostile to US interests”, although it gives no basis for that right. It also rejects arms control talks that would limit future US actions in space.
Military, commercial and personal communication has become more dependent on satellites. The US fears that its satellites are vulnerable to attack.
It does not name its potential enemies, but China and Russia clearly have the capability and even Iran has its own satellite and plans for a launch vehicle, while there are about 40 countries with a presence in space.
This focus on defence springs from the American strategy for space, which exchanged President Clinton’s goals of understanding the Universe for ones of security. But in scrapping Clinton’s plans for unmanned probes in favour of manned missions to the Moon and Mars, it drew attacks that it would discover little and spend too much.
When the US last year dismissed other countries’ wish to talk about banning weapons in space (the UN vote was 160-1), it presumably intended to keep its options open, even though it says that it has no intention of putting up space weapons. But instead it may have missed the chance of securing a ban when countries were willing to sign it — at the very least, a cheaper option than eventually putting its own weapons in space.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in