police state.. again - Page 9 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 06:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Here's my solution: Impeach Bush, Cheney and Rice for perpertrating a fraud on the US Congress. Arrest them. Turn them over to The Hague to be tried as war criminals. Let them all share a cell with Saddam and Milosovic. Problem solved.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Here's my solution: Impeach Bush, Cheney and Rice for perpertrating a fraud on the US Congress. Arrest them. Turn them over to The Hague to be tried as war criminals. Let them all share a cell with Saddam and Milosovic. Problem solved.
wouldn't that be a hoot?

in political asylum
post #83 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
Please address the tactics of the Clinton administration. They arrested, charged, and incarcerated a 13 year-old.

Of course, the media made sure that the complete story was told in their case instead of insulting us with the implication that a picture posted on MySpace was met with a nuclear weapon.

big difference, you don't see it? hmmm ok, i'll go through it for you.. the girl from my original story posts on her myspace a pic of shrubco with "kill bush" and a hand stabbing dagger. ok, so she shows off to her friends and some strangers see it.. whoopteedoo. where is the threat? maybe tasteless but i have seen worse. what about anti shrubco protesters? treasonous? hmm

clinton's 13y/o wrote threatening letters directly to the president and his family. that kind of action definitely needed to be neutralized.

i would totaly back the secret service (SS) if this case was the same or similar. to me , it is NOT.

look, if the prez feels it needed to be investigated, fine.. but how this was handled is freaking crazy... i think the parents' rights were violated here, big time. i also disagree with them interogating her at school. this is a total gestapo move also reminscent of j. reno's branch devidians dealings. wtf? this is actually not the first time a very similar issue has come up and SS handled it the same freaking way.. amazing! what about if this girl was really crazy? another freaking school shooting?

i know i have maybe a whacky idea of free speach.. i am fine with that.. this forum is almost representative of how i feel about it.. no rules basically.. the FIRE! in the theater thing or bomb joke at the airport, i agree.. not cool.. would you deal with both situations the same?

in political asylum
post #84 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 430
Actually not at all. It is a sunk cost, we are where we are. How about trying to be part of a solution.

and that solution would be....?

in political asylum
post #85 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 04:14 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove

Share a cell with Milosevich? The SOB died in March so I hope they've burned or buried him by now, otherwise he's likely to be a bit whiffy. ;-p
post #86 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 04:56 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
imagine Hillary Clinton with all of these new powers that Bush has taken from the constitution--payback is a bitch
post #87 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 05:23 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
Share a cell with Milosevich? The SOB died in March so I hope they've burned or buried him by now, otherwise he's likely to be a bit whiffy. ;-p
It would do them some good to find out what rotting carcasses smell like.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #88 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 07:28 AM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cberth
imagine Hillary Clinton with all of these new powers that Bush has taken from the constitution--payback is a bitch
Can you name a few of them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in