Next big shock wave coming for GOP: Outing of Republican gays who covered for Foley - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
It amuses me that the top leaders of Repos are gay, etc. That politicians are hypocritical is truly shocking --- not. But it is amusing because of the sanctimoniousness of the bastards. F**k'em.

It also amuses me that Democrats think it is okay and more than okay to use homosexuality as a negative political tool. And homosexuals are more than okay with it, too. Somehow I cannot picture black people approving of that kind of tactic when the were fighting for civil rights.

Politics is always fertile ground for irony and hypocrisy.

B
You and I both share the same curious bemusement, regarding the "wink-wink nudge-nudge" schadenfreude going on here. This Foley guy should be nailed for pedophilia, AND the leadership should be nailed for their inept malfeasance, but making a bit to-do about the homosexual nature of this thing is the height of hypocrisy. I would think the GLBT interest groups would be up in arms about the politically intentional blurring of the lines between homosexuality and pedophilia. That's a disgrace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
It amuses me that the top leaders of Repos are gay, etc. That politicians are hypocritical is truly shocking --- not. But it is amusing because of the sanctimoniousness of the bastards. F**k'em.

It also amuses me that Democrats think it is okay and more than okay to use homosexuality as a negative political tool. And homosexuals are more than okay with it, too. Somehow I cannot picture black people approving of that kind of tactic when the were fighting for civil rights.

B
Your usual mischaracterization. No one in the Democratic Party is condemning homosexuality. What is being condemned is shameless hypocrisy, and molestation of underage kids.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 06:11 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Quote:

B
Shows the unattainability of religion, how could that be bad? How dare we learn to judge others on more than just conveinent fiction.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 06:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Your usual mischaracterization. No one in the Democratic Party is condemning homosexuality. What is being condemned is shameless hypocrisy, and molestation of underage kids.
Your usual mischaracterization.

Please indicated where I said that the Democrats condemn homosexuality.

Bot
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 04:03 AM
dmg
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone,

On my way to Fox. As usual, I'll be on at about 10:20am ET (7:20am PT). The subject will be the Foley debacle. He just announced he's going into rehab, for alcohol abuse. IMHO, he also needs to deal with his sexual compulsion. Attraction to children is not part of homosexuality. It easily manifests with sexual compulsives whatever ones sexual preference. Personally, I'm getting tired of sexual compulsives (McGreevey and now Foley) defining what it is to be gay these days.

Part of what we'll discuss will be whether or not there are different standards for Republicans versus Democrats when it comes to sex scandals. My point is that we have lower expectations of Democrats in that regard, and even they don't think they've done anything wrong when caught either in bed (or a car) with a dead girl or a live boy.

The 1983 Congressional sex scandal involving underage pages--the Republican at issue with a girl, the Democrat with a boy. The Republican apologized and lost reelection. The Democrat, Garry Studds, was defiant, and even literally turned his back on Congress when censured. He was regularly reelected.

I also think the constituents of Republicans, frankly, expect more from their representatives. And it's not that the bar is set higher for Republicans--it's that it's set especially low for Democrats, with people like Studds and Clinton almost pushing it into the ground.

I'm heading to New York today and I do have a few more points about this situation. I'll add to this post after my Fox segment and while I'm on my way to the airport.

UPDATE:

Read More »

It's 10:00am PT and now I'm at the airport. For those of you listening to Tammy Radio, you know I'm not there. as a matter of fact, I'm taking the whole week off, but will be blogging. I'm getting on the flight shortly which also means I'll be out of the loop for about 6 hours. Maynard, however, will be continuing to post and I'll be back on as soon as possible. Please feel free to use this thread as well as the Babe thread just under this one for all your Open Thread needs.

Sitting at the Long Beach airport right now for my JetBlue flight and have taken a look at the comments for this post. Good stuff. I did want to add something about what's termed the 'compulsion to confess.' This can either manifest as a direct confession, or in the cases of Foley and Clinton, as examples, the compulsion to confess manifests in high-risk behavior which virtually guarantees being caught. Whether it be Clinton engaging in sex not just with someone other than his wife discreetly with adults, he chooses to do so in the workplace and with a young subordinate. Clearly he had to move to this level of risk because he had not been held accountable for less risky behavior. In fact, he was elected president with all of us knowing his predilections.

As with Clinton, this indirect confession doesn't necessarily mean the person will even learn from it, or admit culpability, but at least it forces them to stop the behavior.

With Foley, it's an identical situation, but a different response from the perpetrator. While he didn't engage the pages while they were on the hill, when he did go after them, he did so with his own email address and IM identity. It was only a matter of time that he be caught.

The difference, as noted by a couple of Commenters (and please make a point of reading the comments for this thread and consider chiming in), is that there is indeed a different reaction by conservative and liberal perpetrators. Garry Studds (D) and Bill Clinton (D) essentially argued that it was no one's business what they do in their private life. Foley (R), on the other hand, immediately resigned and has sought help. I just wish conservatives, especially gay conservatives, who generally understand that there isn't a "higher" moral standard for them, just a regular one, would be especially conscience of applying a level of personal discipline. Foley did by choosing to not approach pages when they were in their internship. If he only could have maintained that in general.

I do think, also, that relating to a more conservative, and more faith-based, constituency, reminds Republican lawmakers of the importance of personal moral standards. When you're a lawmaker with a voting group that tends to not expect or demand much morally or ethically (has anyone yet heard condemnation from the feminist establishment about Clinton and Lewinsky??) the lawmaker will take the issues less seriously as well.

Ultimately, Foley needs help, as does every alcoholic and sexual compulsive, regardless of the letter after their name or their sexual preference. And yet, until we as a nation begin to exact more serious consequences for those who victimize children (consider all the teacher/student sex scandals), we'll be reaping more of this depravity. And the gay establishment especially has some serious work to do to stigmatize and reject the notion that sex between adult men and minor boys is acceptable. I expand on that a great deal in my book, The Death of Right and Wrong.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Nice post of excuses for child molesting. You guys want a pass for some serial kid rapist because you point your fingers elsewhere. Fucking pussies can't stand up like grown men.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 10:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Nice post of excuses for child molesting. You guys want a pass for some serial kid rapist because you point your fingers elsewhere. Fucking pussies can't stand up like grown men.
Define "you guys."

Sometimes you're like one of those crazy-ass Palestinians walking into a crowd and detonating explosives. The bomb is the important thing. There are no innocents. Let Allah sort out the parts.

B
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
It is directed at the post directly above mine, which has no source citation. It is a long dissertation of excuses for letting a child molester operate for what is at last report something like six years in the Congress. The attempt to blame the Democrats for this shows the total moral bankruptcy of the GOP. These guys had six years to clean this up, but politics came ahead of simple morality, just as we see in Iraq:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...100800855.html

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 10-09-2006 at 10:42 AM.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
To the tune of Seeger's "Turn the Page":

On the information highway in your underwear
Typing with your left hand
Your right hand God knows where
You must be writing legislation to protect out kids from predators out there

And your thoughts will soon be wondering
The way they always do
To you riding sixteen year old boys
What's a congressman to do
When you don't feel much like voting
You just wish this vote was through

Here I am - On the net again
Here I am - Are you underage
Here I go - Republican Congressman
There I go - Bone the page

Do I make you a little horny
Are you in your boxers too
We may need to drink at my house
I'd like to slip them off of you
You're just barely sixteen years old
I'm conservatively fifty-two

Here I go - Republican Congressman
There I go - Bone the page

Is Republican America finally going out of style
They send our children off to die in war
In Washington meanwhile
They wave the flag
They wave the bible
And cover for a sleazy pedophile

There I go - Republican Congressman
Here I go - Bone the page
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 12:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Ha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in