Originally Posted by JimSmith
1. When the present set of compromises doesn't work, what makes you think another set of compromises won't be sold as necessary to make the nation safe from terror, a threat that you just described as something that will never go away, and at best will be tamped down to some level of activity that we can all tolerate?
2. Yes, you must have deaf ears. Listen to a little of campaign rhetoric from the Bush Administration.
3. Good for you. Is that how our Special Forces guys should be treated when they are captured? What's next, a little Marathon Man dental treatment for them? You ok with that? What about we just catch an Arab or a dozen in Iraq, label them Al-Qaeda big shots, dismember them in public and then hang them from some convenient structure and burn them? That ok too? Once you walk down this road Bot, it becomes harder and harder to stop. America is not about that shit. Or wasn't for the first two centuries.
4. Yeah, once we give up rights and agree to an ever escalating level of torture for those we label terrorists, we begin to resemble the bad guys. Jim
1. I cannot foretell the future.
2. I pay attention to many, many sources. It keeps me from just hearing one message. It broadens my perspective. It occasionally undermines my beliefs, forcing me to reassess and often change my opinions, but usually reinforces them.
3. News Flash! The Islamo-fascists are way ahead of us on prisoner mistreatment. When was the last Red Cross or UN mission allowed access to the Islamo-fascist prisoner? Never. Why? They behead prisoners. You may wish to investigate historic prisoner treatment within the USA. British soldiers were mistreated and died or were executed, Mexican War prisoners were executed, both sides of the Civil War mistreated prisoners, and lets do talk about the American Indians. This is not to excuse mistreatment, it is to provide you with a more accurate perspective.
4. 'Nuther News Flash! List the prisoners that have died, remain in custody, or have been released by the USA and by the Islamo-fascists. Line those columns side-by-side and what you'll see is that all of the prisoners held by the Islamo-fascists are DEAD.
Maybe we could send some peace activists to change their behavior through peace, love and understanding.