Great Protection - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 01:17 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1762 Post(s)
Too little protection, too slow a recovery. There really is no other way to ultimately view this; don't kid yourself, patriots died.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 01:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Dramatic new video shows Halliburton contractors under fire in Iraq
http://www.abc4.com/local_news/local...6-5224094EE7F5

"They left. They, I don't know where they went, they're nowhere to be seen," Wheeler said. Wheeler says it was 45 minutes before a U.S. military force returned.

Oh I forgot:
Wheeler was hit by two AK-47 rounds and suffered serious damage to his right arm. Two months after the ambush, Halliburton notified him he was fired, citing a "work-related" injury.
Are you completely clueless?

You should be screaming about what the civilian contractors get away with in Iraq. But your hatred for Bush and the US military clouds your vision.

This is pathetic.
post #33 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 02:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill
Definitely a bad day for Halliburton. That said, these guys are paid insane amounts of money. A friend who owns a security company was approached by Blackwater to supply armed guards and the offer was roughly $1000 per day per guard not including his cut.
These guys, armed or unarmed(crazy) know the risk when they sign up and that getting injured on the job constitutes dismissal.
In the video you can see all hell breaks loose so your first reaction would be get the hell out of there, why the last vehicle was not military is the real question.
Exactly.

I know two guys, both ex-military, who have spent time as private security for various NGO and Iraqi government officials. Both lasted six months and despite making about $250k a piece, one won't go back.

Too dangerous? That was only part of the problem. One of them had a real problem with the "rules of engagement". They were explicitly instructed to NEVER STOP their vehicles. In other words, RUN OVER ANYONE WHO GETS IN THE WAY.

The irony of hitting someone with your SUV to "protect" the head of a non-profit AID organization was not lost on my friend.

The other one told of sighting in his new rifle by hunting people wearing shirts advertising support of Muqtada Al Sadr (sp?) when they were designated enemy combatants. That made them "fair game". This guy reported to no one on his days off. This was between one and two years ago, so I have no idea how things have changed.

The active military hates these private security guys because of the havoc they wreak and because they know how much they are getting paid in the process.
post #34 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 03:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007

You should be screaming about what the civilian contractors get away with in Iraq. But your hatred for Bush and the US military clouds your vision.

This is pathetic.
Yes, the whole situation is pathetic. We should never have gone in, and once there, we went in so unprepared and with such a small force we had to hire mercenaries through Haliburton/KBR to supplement the forces. Yes the situation is pathetic, and we should insist the constant fumbling and wasting of lives and treasure be halted, and that those responsible be held accountable. Jim
post #35 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 04:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Yes, the whole situation is pathetic. We should never have gone in, and once there, we went in so unprepared and with such a small force we had to hire mercenaries through Haliburton/KBR to supplement the forces. Yes the situation is pathetic, and we should insist the constant fumbling and wasting of lives and treasure be halted, and that those responsible be held accountable. Jim
In other words: "Arms are for hugging"

Just let the adults take care of this.

That will free up more of your time for gay-bashing.
post #36 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 04:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Again, you don't get it do you? The biggest mistake was the total breakdown in securing the convoy through first planning, execution and now the cover up. Bruce if you are doubting whatever I said, just be patient and try to keep up with the news on this item. I will even wager you a steak since we live close by that when the dust settles it will be found that there was gross negligence. So why don't you sit the hell down for now instead of dictating to the whole forum what I am or shoot down my "ability" to see shit when it stinks. Can you do that?
Take it easy there big fella. The incident is over the military has made their decisions based on guage's post, and it's highly unlikely that it will change it's collective mind due to some disgruntled civilian's partial video of what happened. I AM being patient, I'm giving my opinion just as you are giving yours. Neither one of us was there. You are stating what you think should have happened based on what you saw, and a "gut" feel. I am basing my opinion on what I saw and sound military practice. As far as sitting down, I don't think that I will do that, I have a right to speak just as you do, and I will state that position if I think I am right just as you do. I do not and could not dictate anything to this forum, and you are what you are, no more, no less. I shoot down what I think is wrong or baseless, just as you would. If you have a problem with that, it certainly isn't my problem is it.......

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #37 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 04:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 1993 300SEL (Sold) 2001 530i
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
In other words: "Arms are for hugging"

Just let the adults take care of this.

That will free up more of your time for gay-bashing.
I think there is alot of truth to the statement that American forces in Iraq were not ready for this type of occupiation. In light of what Iraq did or rather did not have I almost think you guys invaded the wrong country.
post #38 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 04:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Benz
I think there is alot of truth to the statement that American forces in Iraq were not ready for this type of occupiation. In light of what Iraq did or rather did not have I almost think you guys invaded the wrong country.
You may be right. Only history will tell.

But please understand that that has nothing to do with the hatred of our country spewed on this board by some. Sometimes idiocy and absurdity need to be called out for what it is.

The motives attributed to the current administration are ridiculous.
post #39 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
The motives attributed to the current administration are ridiculous.
Are you suggesting that Dick Cheney is a moron? It's 'stupid' or 'evil' -- take your pick.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #40 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:

This is pathetic.
I think you are not just a Kool-Aid drinker but a bottom scum sucker. Never have I wavered my support to my troops and true patriots. Get your facts straight or STFU. Our best support for our troops should be 1000% assistance in doing their job materially and through competent leadership. We are not seeing either being supplied in a normal fashion regardless of how most right wingers that control the spending say about their support to our troops. So if you are not willing to pay for it, please bring them home and remove that sticker off your car you fkin hypocrite. Did I make myself clear?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in