Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
I sure did, that is why I'm questioning you about your comments.
Is this an inquisition? Do I have to submit to your "authority" and show you my ID and the color of my butt cheeks too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 145 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 01:30 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
It's just that you try too come across as more knowledgeable than those that have trained for this.
So I was questioning what if any experience you have.

You seem to very good a hindsight.

Last edited by guage; 09-30-2006 at 01:32 PM.
post #23 of 145 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
It's just that you try too come across as more knowledgeable than those that have trained for this.
So I was questioning what if any experience you have.

You seem to very good a hindsight.
Are you still fishing? Ok, I will admit that I play in the backyard with my kids using squirt guns and that's the extent of my weapons training, as to strategy, decision making and reacting under duress that's all from being married. Are you happy now?
post #24 of 145 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 01:59 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Are you still fishing? Ok, I will admit that I play in the backyard with my kids using squirt guns and that's the extent of my weapons training, as to strategy, decision making and reacting under duress that's all from being married. Are you happy now?
Only you can answer that.
post #25 of 145 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 03:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
First of all please don't assume anything about my background or whatever I have done in life as if you know everything about military engagement.
I never said I know everything about military engagement, and as far as your background, all I know is what I've learned here. It's painfully clear that you were never a military strategist.
Quote:
Second I clearly stated that the whole operation was poorly organized and when fire broke out it was everyone for himself. Please don't insult me by stating that they took off in a calculated way so they can come back and help the truckers once they figure out what they were up against. That trucker was lucky because I am certain that the insurgents did not plan this attack and it was a target of opportunity once they saw them come back after being lost. They got the one in front out of the truck because that's all they could. So don't tell me for 45 minutes the trucker with the camera fended this "ferocious" attack on his own.
They took off as they were trained to do. You are right, it was NOT calculated, it was instinctive, it is what they were trained to do so they could fight again. I agree that the attack was not planned, but does that make an RPG any less deadly? Does that mean that there are any less enemy troops in place? If the Army wasn't there putting up a fight, do you honestly think the insurgents would have needed 45 minutes to kill the only trucker left alive, and only armed with a damn camera?
Do you honestly believe this?: "So don't tell me for 45 minutes the trucker with the camera fended this "ferocious" attack on his own." What the hell did he fend off the attack with, his good looks and happy demeanor? He was unarmed, and still alive after the attack. Did this happen because they forgot about him, or because they were busy elsewhere? For Pete's sake use some common sense!
Quote:
The attackers were busy skinning the first guy and they probably did not have the manpower to take on the rest other than shoot them from distance.
Do you have any idea of how lame that sounds? If I had been there, and on the other side, let me assure you that the trucker would have been at least gravely wounded so that he couldn't go anywhere. I would worry about whether he was alive or dead later, but I know damn well that he wasn't going to get away. Clearly you are letting you passion for this incident get the better of your thought process. I guess I can understand that to a degree, but it's time to start thinking, would the military allow that kind of action to go unpunished? Hell no they wouldn't, it would lead to a total loss of control on their part, and that hasn't happened.
Quote:
Bruce I don’t need paintballs to show you what my own balls are made of. I am very comfortable and proud of my past and let me leave it to that.
Hey, I'm glad that you're proud of your balls.. I'm quite pleased with mine too. Like I said before I haven't a clue as to your past, but it's quite clear that you don't understand military strategies, so please don't second guess what they should have, or could have done unless you can show that you have already done something different in a VERY similar situation, including having bullets flying over your head. Things change VERY rapidly when you are on the receiving end of an AK 47, or an RPG.
This is absolutely NOTHING like Police have to face, and that includes the shoot-em-up in California where the bad guys had full auto AK's. The cops knew there was only two of them, and they knew exactly where they were.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #26 of 145 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Whatever! Did you read my response to guage? You have made up your mind so what's the point of me responding or even suggesting a "counter ambush" or point out what is being taught for combat readiness such as what is in an evaluative documents like MCCRES (Marines)? Hey what do I know? I slept at the Holliday Inn last night
post #27 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 08:36 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Whatever! Did you read my response to guage? You have made up your mind so what's the point of me responding or even suggesting a "counter ambush" or point out what is being taught for combat readiness such as what is in an evaluative documents like MCCRES (Marines)? Hey what do I know? I slept at the Holliday Inn last night
Professor, I don't have clue as to how you set up a "counter ambush" if you are out in the open being fired upon. That has to be something that is normally preplanned, and waiting in the wings. The guys being used as "bait" in the initial ambush are generally aware of that tactic and are a bit better prepared then thes guys were.
You may have stayed at the Holiday Inn last night, but damn dude, it didn't rub off..........
Clearly you also have your mind made up, and you're not willing to listen to reason either..... By the way, I'm looking up MCCRES, in an effort to see if it applies. I'll let you know what I come up with....

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #28 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 08:52 AM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Definitely a bad day for Halliburton. That said, these guys are paid insane amounts of money. A friend who owns a security company was approached by Blackwater to supply armed guards and the offer was roughly $1000 per day per guard not including his cut.
These guys, armed or unarmed(crazy) know the risk when they sign up and that getting injured on the job constitutes dismissal.
In the video you can see all hell breaks loose so your first reaction would be get the hell out of there, why the last vehicle was not military is the real question.

post #29 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill
Definitely a bad day for Halliburton. That said, these guys are paid insane amounts of money. A friend who owns a security company was approached by Blackwater to supply armed guards and the offer was roughly $1000 per day per guard not including his cut.
These guys, armed or unarmed(crazy) know the risk when they sign up and that getting injured on the job constitutes dismissal.
In the video you can see all hell breaks loose so your first reaction would be get the hell out of there, why the last vehicle was not military is the real question.
Ask Bruce that last question he seems to know how this stuff works
post #30 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
Professor, I don't have clue as to how you set up a "counter ambush" if you are out in the open being fired upon. That has to be something that is normally preplanned, and waiting in the wings. The guys being used as "bait" in the initial ambush are generally aware of that tactic and are a bit better prepared then thes guys were.
You may have stayed at the Holiday Inn last night, but damn dude, it didn't rub off..........
Clearly you also have your mind made up, and you're not willing to listen to reason either..... By the way, I'm looking up MCCRES, in an effort to see if it applies. I'll let you know what I come up with....
Again, you don't get it do you? The biggest mistake was the total breakdown in securing the convoy through first planning, execution and now the cover up. Bruce if you are doubting whatever I said, just be patient and try to keep up with the news on this item. I will even wager you a steak since we live close by that when the dust settles it will be found that there was gross negligence. So why don't you sit the hell down for now instead of dictating to the whole forum what I am or shoot down my "ability" to see shit when it stinks. Can you do that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in