Great Protection - Page 10 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Boring Cars...meh!
 
Nutz 4 Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 81 280E, 84 500SEC, 87 560, 89 "300E", 91 500SL, 15 E350 4Matic Estate, 71 BMW 2002, +others
Location: Maui
Posts: 15,979
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
Did the troops operate to standard procedure?
Do you not remember your 1st general order ?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c328/nutz4benz/W123/6C3A9CA5-EDFF-4834-8125-34B70B20A676_zpsiyesrawz.jpg
Nutz 4 Benz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 05:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Bruce R.'s Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Location: Near Washington, DC
Posts: 14,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Bruce,
I merely quoted your response to my post, which I will copy and paste below to make it clear. Now, I did not go through great pains to point out you had missed the boat then, and perhaps I should have given the confusion you are suffering from now. Sorry, in the future when you jump the track and it is vaguely apparent, I will make it clear sooner.
Jim when you quote one person and then reference someone else, it would appear that YOU are the one who "jumped the track" or are deliberately trying to divert the conversation the to aid your perverted view of this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
I took the discussion in the context of my post, which was not any longer directly associated with the truck drivers in the specific incident. My comment was general, and I took yours to be general as well, namely that civilian truck drivers were unarmed and so forth for good reasons, etc., etc. I took issue with the statement that there were no mercenaries in Iraq. In general. Or that you might have thought I thought truck drivers qualify as mercenaries.
It would seem then if you took my comment to be general, it is you who made the mistake, not me. I was quite specific with what I stated, and always have been. The Professor was right with his comment, but addressed to the wrong person. Your party does need you, you have a knack to twist things around so that it would first appear that you are taking the high road when in fact you are just diverting the conversation to a different direction more favorable to your point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Now I can repeat this copy and paste routine for the last remaining exchange. But it is clear from this one that you just felt like dropping a load to impress all of us with your familiarity with military jargon and roles and responsibilities without reading what you were responding to, at least this time. Now that that is out of "the way" so to speak, go find someone else to bicker about meaningless bullshit with, and get back on the child abuse research. Your party needs you. Jim
Another meaningless attack because you can't come up with a legitimate argument in favor of your, warped, silly point of view. For someone who claims to have been raised with military background, you are decidedly ignorant of how things are supposed to operate, so your only option is smoke and mirrors. It gets more obvious with every post, you haven't got a clue and you never will.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94


"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Bruce R. is offline  
post #93 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 05:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mzsmbs's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Location: on a high bank of a creek
Posts: 7,296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
mzsmbs is offline  
post #94 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 06:21 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
So he was lying?
Not lying, incomplete picture due obvious difficult circumstances. This is not unknown, even in minor traffic accidents. No person receieves a synoptic view. This is why we have trials--if a whole scene was correctly understood by all witnesses then there would be no need for a trial. In war, understanding of events is more impaired because folks are trying to kill each other. That tends to magnify the action in one's vicinity and minimize it elsewhere.

B
Botnst is offline  
post #95 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 06:30 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
...

The motives of the present administration have never been clearly enunciated. ...
In the only poll that has ever made a difference about anything, about 51% clearly understood the president and about 49% didn't.
Botnst is offline  
post #96 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 06:31 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz4benz
Do you not remember your 1st general order ?
I never did memorize that sh*t, but I did a hell of a lot of push-ups in leiu of it!
Botnst is offline  
post #97 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 07:55 AM
guage
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz4benz
Do you not remember your 1st general order ?
Clearly they did not quit their post, or we would not be having this discussion.
post #98 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Not lying, incomplete picture due obvious difficult circumstances. This is not unknown, even in minor traffic accidents. No person receieves a synoptic view. This is why we have trials--if a whole scene was correctly understood by all witnesses then there would be no need for a trial. In war, understanding of events is more impaired because folks are trying to kill each other. That tends to magnify the action in one's vicinity and minimize it elsewhere.

B
That camera needs to be put on trial for its distortion of what it recorded. Maybe the commanders should decree that no contractor from this day on carry cameras or any recording devices so in the event of the "usual" mishap it will be one side's word against the other, the way it ought to be.
Anyway, even with the presence of this recording the truth was uncovered and that lying trucker not only lost his job and got his arm mangled but our military leadership managed to demonstrate how effective a protection aparatus it has. Like guage said, they never fled, the trucker is here to tell his distored version to us, so all is good.
Oh, I almost forgot, the ones that got killed had it coming since they knew the risks, yes that's it.
DP is offline  
post #99 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 08:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Bruce R.'s Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Location: Near Washington, DC
Posts: 14,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
That camera needs to be put on trial for its distortion of what it recorded. Maybe the commanders should decree that no contractor from this day on carry cameras or any recording devices so in the event of the "usual" mishap it will be one side's word against the other, the way it ought to be.
Anyway, even with the presence of this recording the truth was uncovered and that lying trucker not only lost his job and got his arm mangled but our military leadership managed to demonstrate how effective a protection aparatus it has. Like guage said, they never fled, the trucker is here to tell his distored version to us, so all is good.
Oh, I almost forgot, the ones that got killed had it coming since they knew the risks, yes that's it.
Damn Prof, you just can't get over the fact that with what little information you have, you could be wrong can you? Your taking the side of the truck driver with a video of what he saw and taking that little bit over everybody else's story who was there and saw something different because it fits your agenda. That is truly sad, and downright shameful. You are assuming that this trucker is telling the absolute truth, and that he is 100% correct when all he saw was a small part of what apparently happened.
His story is indeed distorted, and so would yours be if you were there on the sidelines watching, if I was standing right along side of you I would see something different as well. It would NOT be because of political differences either, it would be because we actually saw something different then the next guy. You Sir are jumping to a conclusion based on a very small part of the overall picture, and that is just plain wrong.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94


"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Bruce R. is offline  
post #100 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 08:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mzsmbs's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Location: on a high bank of a creek
Posts: 7,296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
that's kind of the essence of OT bruceR. thought wrangling is interesting.



in political asylum
mzsmbs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Great golf joke...heck, a great joke, period. Check Codes Off-Topic 3 11-04-2005 08:55 AM
    Hi again!! Ok Pics of my "hit" car... Anyone looking for a GREAT Parts car ? great motot ! BSS W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class 10 12-12-2004 09:12 PM
    Hello all! New to board. Great place with a lot of great pics. Request:... JSJ C208/A208 CLK-Class 0 04-27-2002 09:32 AM
    280 GE FOR SALE - great truck, great price...LWB Jonathan G-Class 0 12-19-2001 08:21 AM
    Great Lease ... Great Car Bob R170 SLK-Class 4 11-07-2001 07:17 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome