Great Protection - Page 10 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Boring Cars...meh!

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 81 280E, 84 500SEC, 87 560, 89 "300E", 91 500SL, 15 E350 4Matic Estate, 71 BMW 2002, +others
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
Did the troops operate to standard procedure?
Do you not remember your 1st general order ?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c328/nutz4benz/W123/6C3A9CA5-EDFF-4834-8125-34B70B20A676_zpsiyesrawz.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 05:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Bruce,
I merely quoted your response to my post, which I will copy and paste below to make it clear. Now, I did not go through great pains to point out you had missed the boat then, and perhaps I should have given the confusion you are suffering from now. Sorry, in the future when you jump the track and it is vaguely apparent, I will make it clear sooner.
Jim when you quote one person and then reference someone else, it would appear that YOU are the one who "jumped the track" or are deliberately trying to divert the conversation the to aid your perverted view of this situation.

Quote:
I took the discussion in the context of my post, which was not any longer directly associated with the truck drivers in the specific incident. My comment was general, and I took yours to be general as well, namely that civilian truck drivers were unarmed and so forth for good reasons, etc., etc. I took issue with the statement that there were no mercenaries in Iraq. In general. Or that you might have thought I thought truck drivers qualify as mercenaries.
It would seem then if you took my comment to be general, it is you who made the mistake, not me. I was quite specific with what I stated, and always have been. The Professor was right with his comment, but addressed to the wrong person. Your party does need you, you have a knack to twist things around so that it would first appear that you are taking the high road when in fact you are just diverting the conversation to a different direction more favorable to your point of view.

Quote:
Now I can repeat this copy and paste routine for the last remaining exchange. But it is clear from this one that you just felt like dropping a load to impress all of us with your familiarity with military jargon and roles and responsibilities without reading what you were responding to, at least this time. Now that that is out of "the way" so to speak, go find someone else to bicker about meaningless bullshit with, and get back on the child abuse research. Your party needs you. Jim
Another meaningless attack because you can't come up with a legitimate argument in favor of your, warped, silly point of view. For someone who claims to have been raised with military background, you are decidedly ignorant of how things are supposed to operate, so your only option is smoke and mirrors. It gets more obvious with every post, you haven't got a clue and you never will.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #93 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 05:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
post #94 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 06:21 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
So he was lying?
Not lying, incomplete picture due obvious difficult circumstances. This is not unknown, even in minor traffic accidents. No person receieves a synoptic view. This is why we have trials--if a whole scene was correctly understood by all witnesses then there would be no need for a trial. In war, understanding of events is more impaired because folks are trying to kill each other. That tends to magnify the action in one's vicinity and minimize it elsewhere.

B
post #95 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 06:30 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:

The motives of the present administration have never been clearly enunciated. ...
In the only poll that has ever made a difference about anything, about 51% clearly understood the president and about 49% didn't.
post #96 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 06:31 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz4benz
I never did memorize that sh*t, but I did a hell of a lot of push-ups in leiu of it!
post #97 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 07:55 AM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz4benz
Clearly they did not quit their post, or we would not be having this discussion.
post #98 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Not lying, incomplete picture due obvious difficult circumstances. This is not unknown, even in minor traffic accidents. No person receieves a synoptic view. This is why we have trials--if a whole scene was correctly understood by all witnesses then there would be no need for a trial. In war, understanding of events is more impaired because folks are trying to kill each other. That tends to magnify the action in one's vicinity and minimize it elsewhere.

B
That camera needs to be put on trial for its distortion of what it recorded. Maybe the commanders should decree that no contractor from this day on carry cameras or any recording devices so in the event of the "usual" mishap it will be one side's word against the other, the way it ought to be.
Anyway, even with the presence of this recording the truth was uncovered and that lying trucker not only lost his job and got his arm mangled but our military leadership managed to demonstrate how effective a protection aparatus it has. Like guage said, they never fled, the trucker is here to tell his distored version to us, so all is good.
Oh, I almost forgot, the ones that got killed had it coming since they knew the risks, yes that's it.
post #99 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 08:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
That camera needs to be put on trial for its distortion of what it recorded. Maybe the commanders should decree that no contractor from this day on carry cameras or any recording devices so in the event of the "usual" mishap it will be one side's word against the other, the way it ought to be.
Anyway, even with the presence of this recording the truth was uncovered and that lying trucker not only lost his job and got his arm mangled but our military leadership managed to demonstrate how effective a protection aparatus it has. Like guage said, they never fled, the trucker is here to tell his distored version to us, so all is good.
Oh, I almost forgot, the ones that got killed had it coming since they knew the risks, yes that's it.
Damn Prof, you just can't get over the fact that with what little information you have, you could be wrong can you? Your taking the side of the truck driver with a video of what he saw and taking that little bit over everybody else's story who was there and saw something different because it fits your agenda. That is truly sad, and downright shameful. You are assuming that this trucker is telling the absolute truth, and that he is 100% correct when all he saw was a small part of what apparently happened.
His story is indeed distorted, and so would yours be if you were there on the sidelines watching, if I was standing right along side of you I would see something different as well. It would NOT be because of political differences either, it would be because we actually saw something different then the next guy. You Sir are jumping to a conclusion based on a very small part of the overall picture, and that is just plain wrong.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #100 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 08:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
that's kind of the essence of OT bruceR. thought wrangling is interesting.

in political asylum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in