Are you defending him or something? I hadn't expected that from you. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 03:43 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
If guilty, HELL NO
As sick as it may be to me I don’t know if talking dirty on the internet too a minor
Boy/girl is against the law.
Unless you acted on it.

Last edited by guage; 09-30-2006 at 03:53 PM.
post #23 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 04:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You miss the point.

The issue is not whether Representative Foley committed a crime or not. The issue is he advocates sex with children. This is not a ‘family value.’ The Republican party presents itself as the party of such values, hence the hypocrisy. .
post #24 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 12:00 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
The boy is underage, and soliticiting sex with children is a felony. Perhaps you can point out to us where Mr. Frank has been accused of soliciting minors for sex? Perhaps I can point out where this GOP Congressman was soliciting minors for sex:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/...ive_the_s.html

Now you know the real reason he resigned within hours of the first news report. Odd you accuse me of perversion when we all have proof now that one of your heros is a child molesting piece of shit. Perhaps you guys swap pointers on your blogs?

If that was my kid, I'd kill the motherfucker.
Where did I indicate the pervert was my 'hero'? The point with ol' Barney is that your precious Democratic party tried to cover his indescretions up as you sling mud at the repubs for doing the same. SEVERAL witnesses seen the teenage boy running from his apartment, but yet, nothing came of it. Talking about hipocracy.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #25 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 01:31 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchprint
Where did I indicate the pervert was my 'hero'? The point with ol' Barney is that your precious Democratic party tried to cover his indescretions up as you sling mud at the repubs for doing the same. SEVERAL witnesses seen the teenage boy running from his apartment, but yet, nothing came of it. Talking about hipocracy.
Well, you use the same shallow arguments (distraction and calling out Barney Franks' "reported" incident, like bringing up some concocted Clinton event to shield Bush) to support Foley's failure to uphold his oath of office as you do for Bush so the conclusion seemed pretty logical.

By the way, did anyone ever interview this fleeting teen age boy so we could ask him his age? Jim
post #26 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchprint
What the fuck are you talking about? Franks was involved with a male prostitute, not a "teenage boy". Please provide a link proving your assertion that Frank got a pass for molesting a kid.

And the Democrats tried to cover it up? You are a fucking joke man, it was all over the press.

And I am "slinging mud"? Your guy tries to ass-fuck kids and I'm "slinging mud". You want to defend this guy, man, that's your right, but your going to get plenty of mud on you all on your own, you pervert supporter.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 10-01-2006 at 07:51 AM.
post #27 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Well, you use the same shallow arguments (distraction and calling out Barney Franks' "reported" incident, like bringing up some concocted Clinton event to shield Bush) to support Foley's failure to uphold his oath of office as you do for Bush so the conclusion seemed pretty logical.

By the way, did anyone ever interview this fleeting teen age boy so we could ask him his age? Jim
I googled like hell trying to figure out what he was talking about, to no avail. Frank was having some affair with another gay guy, and that guy was running a prostitution ring out of Frank's house without his knowledge. The other guy got arrested, Frank was investigated for his part and the cops found no criminal liability on Frank, while the other guy went to jail. I believe Frank was admonished by the ethics committee for his behavior. BFD. This other guy is heavily invovled in children's issues, presents himself as some kind of Internet crusader, and cmitchprint wants to defend this creep even tho he turns out to be the lowest form of hypocrite, by pulling out the "look over there- it's so and so!". Typical rightwing bullshit. Boo-hoo, we are such victims of the mean old left wing press, they give their guy a pass while our child molesting ass fucker has be pilloried! How dare they point out the fact our guy bugs little kids to see if he can have sex with them! How dare they! Those dirty leftists and their dirty tricks!

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 10-01-2006 at 07:52 AM.
post #28 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc1244a
You miss the point.

The issue is not whether Representative Foley committed a crime or not. The issue is he advocates sex with children. This is not a ‘family value.’ The Republican party presents itself as the party of such values, hence the hypocrisy. .
Let's not let the actions of Rep. Foley be allowed to speak for the entire Republican party. As I've said earlier, this issue has lobbed a softball over the plate for everyone in Congress. Their responses should be carefully measured. Should the entire Republican party (or a significant majority thereof) somehow come out in support of Rep. Foley, when by all accounts he should be thrown under the bus, I for one will find myself a man without a party.
post #29 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 12:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Foley’s actions represent the Republican Party to the extent the Party uses family values as a weapon in the culture wars. The issue is not all Republicans are pedophiles, it goes with out saying that is not true, just as Foley’s guilt or innocence is not at issue.

I believe a majority of the Party will disavow Foley.

As for you being a man without a party, that happed quite some time ago when the Faustian agreement was struck with the Social Conservatives, who, to a certain extent, are responsible for the negative political fallout from Foley’s misdeeds.
post #30 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
Let's not let the actions of Rep. Foley be allowed to speak for the entire Republican party. As I've said earlier, this issue has lobbed a softball over the plate for everyone in Congress. Their responses should be carefully measured. Should the entire Republican party (or a significant majority thereof) somehow come out in support of Rep. Foley, when by all accounts he should be thrown under the bus, I for one will find myself a man without a party.
It ain't no softball, dude, its a freaking cruise missle. Just wait til we get thru with hanging him around your neck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in