GALLUP: Bush Blamed More Than Clinton for Failure to Capture Bin Laden - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 02:41 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz4benz
So...... If they capture or kill Osama,the war will be immediately over,is that what everyone thinks ? It won't change a thing!
You are right, Saddam was captured but things got worse in Iraq. I remember clearly being told that once Saddam is captured that Iraqis will play along. The latest polls in Iraq say that the majority wants us out and if given a chance they would fight us. Al Qaeda today announced that kidnapping should increase since we tend to respond with fear to such. I say they have us by whatever little balls we have left.
So yeah capturing Osama now is not going to matter. We are deep in shit. Do I have a solution? No, but I strongly believe that we should leave like we did in Vietnam. Let them sort out the mess we put them in (Iraqis) and let them hate us for a few generations until maybe one day they forget or maybe there will be no need since we will be under Chinese economical occupation once we run out of money from funding lost causes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
You are right, Saddam was captured but things got worse in Iraq. I remember clearly being told that once Saddam is captured that Iraqis will play along. The latest polls in Iraq say that the majority wants us out and if given a chance they would fight us. Al Qaeda today announced that kidnapping should increase since we tend to respond with fear to such. I say they have us by whatever little balls we have left.
So yeah capturing Osama now is not going to matter. We are deep in shit. Do I have a solution? No, but I strongly believe that we should leave like we did in Vietnam. Let them sort out the mess we put them in (Iraqis) and let them hate us for a few generations until maybe one day they forget or maybe there will be no need since we will be under Chinese economical occupation once we run out of money from funding lost causes.
Interesting that the violence by Muslims increases approaching the onset of Ramadan. I guess the text quoted by the Pope was wrong after all...??

Is Ramadan like "end of quarter", where they have to hurry up and make their quota for fear of being kicked out of the religion?
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 04:29 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
Interesting that the violence by Muslims increases approaching the onset of Ramadan. I guess the text quoted by the Pope was wrong after all...??

Is Ramadan like "end of quarter", where they have to hurry up and make their quota for fear of being kicked out of the religion?
Why you asking me? Ask Botnt he seems to know everything about tribes and maybe Ramadan but if you allow me some time to Google what Ramadan is maybe I will throw in a half assed answer to make myself look knowledgeable.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 04:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz4benz
So...... If they capture or kill Osama,the war will be immediately over,is that what everyone thinks ? It won't change a thing!
you're obviously not following things so let me pictograph it for you, ok?

in political asylum
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 04:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR

yes that's it..

in political asylum
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 05:16 PM
CH4S Artist

Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Ramadan starts one day after the Jewish Rosh Hashana (Sept. 23rd.), and ends at Oct. 24th. It is a month of fasting in the time between sunrise and sundown.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 07:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
The point has never been just Osama, it is the command and control appartus that surrounds him as well. International terrorism has become a threat because Osama and his staff has done a marvelous job of financing and organizing them. It costs big bucks to pull off big operations, and one of the reason 9-11 worked was because the 20 hijackers were able to work off the cash provided to them from Afghanistan. The recent attack in Britian is the same damn shit - all of the financing for it was coming from al-Queda in Pakistan. I will reiterate what I have said before: I think Bush and Rove want Osama active. He makes the whole thing work for them.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 07:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
The point has never been just Osama, it is the command and control appartus that surrounds him as well. International terrorism has become a threat because Osama and his staff has done a marvelous job of financing and organizing them. It costs big bucks to pull off big operations, and one of the reason 9-11 worked was because the 20 hijackers were able to work off the cash provided to them from Afghanistan. The recent attack in Britian is the same damn shit - all of the financing for it was coming from al-Queda in Pakistan. I will reiterate what I have said before: I think Bush and Rove want Osama active. He makes the whole thing work for them.
You had me until the strange and hallucinatory experience of the final two sentences. That's right up there with claiming that liberals love Al Qaeda, to which (believe it or not) some people take strong exception.

B
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 08:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Occam's razor.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 08:25 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
You had me until the strange and hallucinatory experience of the final two sentences. That's right up there with claiming that liberals love Al Qaeda, to which (believe it or not) some people take strong exception.

B
Is this one of your tricks? So you take strong exception just so you can engage in a discussion long enough to come back with garbage.
As to FTL's point he was right on the money, yes Bush and Co. are lovin it! They love the smell of nepalm in the morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in