Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Oh crap CREW at it again!

from:http://citizensforethics.org/press/n...e.php?view=156

Quote:
CREW RELEASES SECOND ANNUAL MOST CORRUPT MEMBERS OF CONGRESS REPORT

2006 Edition Includes Five Members to Watch in 109th Congress

Washington, DC – Today, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) released its second annual report on the most corrupt members of Congress entitled Beyond DeLay: The 20 Most Corrupt Members of Congress (and five to watch). This encyclopedic report on corruption in the 109th Congress documents the egregious, unethical and possibly illegal activities of the most tainted members of Congress. CREW has compiled the members’ transgressions and analyzed them in light of federal laws and congressional rules.

Two members have been removed from last year’s list of 13. Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham (R-CA) is now serving an eight-year jail term for bribery and Rep. Bob Ney (R-OH) has agreed to plead guilty to crimes that will likely result in a minimum two-year prison term.

CREW has also re-launched the report’s tandem website, www.beyonddelay.org. The site offers short summaries of each member’s transgressions as well as the full-length profiles and all accompanying exhibits.

CREW’s Most Corrupt Members of Congress:
Members of the Senate:
Conrad Burns (R-MT)
Bill Frist (R-TN)
Rick Santorum (R-PA)

Members of the House:
Alan Mollohan (D-WV)
Roy Blunt (R-MO)
Marilyn Musgrave (R-CO)
Ken Calvert (R-CA)
Richard Pombo (R-CA)
John Doolittle (R-CA)
Rick Renzi (R-AZ)
Tom Feeney (R-FL)
Pete Sessions (R-TX)
Katherine Harris (R-FL)
John Sweeney (R-NY)
William Jefferson (D-LA)
Charles Taylor (R-NC)
Jerry Lewis (R-CA)
Maxine Waters (D-CA)
Gary Miller (R-CA)
Curt Weldon (R-PA)

Five Members to Watch:
Chris Cannon (R-UT)
J.D. Hayworth (R-AZ)
Dennis Hastert (R-IL)
John Murtha (D-PA)
Don Sherwood (R-PA)

“CREW created this exhaustive go-to guide on corruption in Congress to expose and hold accountable those members of Congress who believe they are above the law,” Melanie Sloan, executive director of CREW said today. “The officials named in this report have chosen to enrich themselves and their families and friends by abusing the power of their office, rather than work for the public good. Their collective corruption affects all Americans.”

An August 2006 Harris poll shows that 77% of Americans have a negative view of Congress and a May 2006 Gallup poll indicates that 83% of Americans consider corruption a serious issue.

Sloan continued, “Congress persists in abdicating its constitutional responsibility to police itself, opting to ignore the ethical and legal transgressions of its members. Luckily for the public, at least the Department of Justice still believes that political corruption is worth pursuing.”

Several other members’ careers have been tarnished or destroyed by their corrupt activities. In addition to Reps. Ney and Cunningham, former Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-TX) has been indicted in Texas and is facing possible federal indictment in the Jack Abramoff scandal and Reps. William Jefferson (D-LA), Jerry Lewis (R-CA), Alan Mollohan (D-WV), as well as Sens. Conrad Burns (R-MT) and Bill Frist (R-TN) are now under federal investigation.
Too many Rs if you ask me, is this a cultural thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 05:21 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Too many Rs if you ask me, is this a cultural thing?
There's too many on the list period.......... Unfortunately there are a few more names that should be on there, and they have a D behind them. A few years ago there would have been, but they were voted out of office before CREW arrived on line.
You're right, there IS a cultural thing going on, it's called Congress, and far too many of those guys have been in place too long, they think they are invulnerable. There should be term limits like there is for President, that would be at least a partial cure for this "cultural thing".

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 07:23 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '00 SLK230 Designo Copper
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think the only people who should be allowed to run for gov't right now are people who have never held a position in politics. THAT would bring us back to grassroots!

As bad as Congress and the Senate are, it isn't just them. The United States as a whole is deteriorating from a society stand. What we've screwed-up in our messily 230 years, most countries haven't accomplished in 100's of years.

As much as I loving being an American, I believe this country is on a fast track to internal destruction.

Kevin ><>

'00 SLK230 Designo Copper
'06 Saturn Vue
Cessna 172
(pilot)
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 07:27 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
not one hoosier on there.. yaaaaay!

in political asylum
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 08:39 AM
~BANNED~

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1762 Post(s)
Can hardly wait for the neocons to use the old, tired exucse that your side is bad too so everything is alright. And the all time favortie hit: You are either with us or you are a pinko, commie, hippie, tree hugging fag (ha), that would crater to any threat and weaken this great country by over contemplating any situation. We must have resolution now damn it! I want some fucking convictions and results regardless of the price, cause my underfunded public education never taught me anything different! Blah, blah, blah...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 08:48 AM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
What is most surprising to me is that articles such as the one cited above are so wildly, plainly slanted that they become irrelevant - factual or otherwise. This is why only liberals can relate to and get behiind liberals. They have such a disgust for the opposition, that they'll believe anything that appears well crafted.

Before I went on a rampage like that, I'd be damned certain I could exhonerate everyone who WASN'T on that list. Nobody will listen to the message if the messenger can't deliver it spin-free.

My son is in elementary-school, and even HE knows better than to assume everything you read is the WHOLE story. It's amazing how many fully grown adults lack the same sophistication.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 10:46 AM
~BANNED~

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1762 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR

Before I went on a rampage like that, I'd be damned certain I could exhonerate everyone who WASN'T on that list.
WAIT NO MORE!

Last edited by Shane; 09-22-2006 at 10:48 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
What is most surprising to me is that articles such as the one cited above are so wildly, plainly slanted that they become irrelevant - factual or otherwise. This is why only liberals can relate to and get behiind liberals. They have such a disgust for the opposition, that they'll believe anything that appears well crafted.

Before I went on a rampage like that, I'd be damned certain I could exhonerate everyone who WASN'T on that list. Nobody will listen to the message if the messenger can't deliver it spin-free.

My son is in elementary-school, and even HE knows better than to assume everything you read is the WHOLE story. It's amazing how many fully grown adults lack the same sophistication.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in