Hugo Chavez: Democrat Presidential candidate? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 05:48 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Nobody likes us, everybody hates us.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 05:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
One day I came home from school and my dad asks whats wrong?
I said, Nobody likes me.
He said thats not true, not everyone knows you!
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 05:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoseyman
One day I came home from school and my dad asks whats wrong?
I said, Nobody likes me.
He said thats not true, not everyone knows you!
Reminds me of a nurse with a foul attitude that I used to work with.

She was telling me that a police officer was coming to the ER and stalking her but that she didn't want to go out with him.

I suggested that she allow him to get to know her better and that that would eliminate his desire to see her......

Problem solved.

I'm always happy to help out a co-worker in need.
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 07:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
W as a devil..never thought of him this way..Interesting.

There is also a theory about W being Antichrist.

http://www.bushisantichrist.com/

Naah..I don't buy neither.
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 07:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: DeLorean DMC-12
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
It reads easily, it is a very good book,
Erm...I dig Chomsky, but nothing of his reads 'easily'.
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 07:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian80
Erm...I dig Chomsky, but nothing of his reads 'easily'.
I think Chomsky is a perfect example of a former scientist trying to get cheap popularity from the underdeveloped minds by telling them in the language they can understand funny things about the global conspiracy.

No facts, no glory.

Bad kitty, bad.
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 07:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: DeLorean DMC-12
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon
I think Chomsky is a perfect example of a former scientist trying to get cheap popularity from the underdeveloped minds by telling them in the language they can understand funny things about the global conspiracy.

No facts, no glory.

Bad kitty, bad.
Awwwww, and after I gave you that nice present of tissue and some lotion. Some people have no respect.
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 07:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian80
Awwwww, and after I gave you that nice present of tissue and some lotion. Some people have no respect.
None.

Now, I understand tissue, what is lotion for?
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 02:02 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Here are some excerpts from Chavez' speech at the UN yesterday.

More troubling than the speech itself from this Marxist demagogue is the ovation he recieved from the turd (er third) world nations after his diatribe against George Bush and the U.S. who provide the bulk of the funding for the U.N. itself.

And yet we see, even on this forum, people who claim to be patriots, blast the U.S. for "buying" votes at the U.N. and having undue influence with its member states. I suppose instead of rewarding our friends we should be subsidizing every failed state that rarely miss an opportunity to humilate the U.S. and who cast their votes with our enemies.

Just so I won't be accused of baiting anyone I'll let this person remain anonymous and will just quote the relevant portion of his previous post about "undue" US influence at the UN:

Quote:
Originally Posted by .......
Ten of the fifteen seats on the U.N. Security Council are held by rotating members
serving two-year terms. We find that a country’s U.S. aid increases by 59 percent and its U.N. aid by 8 percent when it rotates onto the council. This effect increases during years in which key diplomatic events take place (when members’ votes should be especially valuable) and the timing of the effect closely tracks a country’s election to, and exit from, the council. Finally, the U.N. results appear to be driven by UNICEF, an organization over which the United States has historically exerted great control.
Who's your daddy?
Keep this in mind as you read Ahmadinejad's tirade below and, particularly, the reaction to his speech by the member states and ask yourself whether you still think that the US has "undue" influence at the UN.

Sounds like a crock of shit to me.

The U.S. set out several years ago to reform the U.N. One of its goals was to reform the U.N. Commission on Human Rights. And yet as of 2006, members of this body include the Sudan, China and Saudi Arabia--some of the worst human rights violators in the world.

The U.N. remains a cesspool of failed states and dictatorships many of whom are using its pulpit to lecture the U.S. and other Western nations about our "imperialistic ambitions," exploitation and domination of the third world.

......The hegemonic pretensions of the American empire are placing at risk the very survival of the human species. We continue to warn you about this danger and we appeal to the people of the United States and the world to halt this threat, which is like a sword hanging over our heads. ........

The devil is right at home. The devil, the devil himself, is right in the house.

"And the devil came here yesterday. Yesterday the devil came here. Right here." [crosses himself] "And it smells of sulfur still today.

Yesterday, ladies and gentlemen, from this rostrum, the president of the United States, the gentleman to whom I refer as the devil, came here, talking as if he owned the world. Truly. As the owner of the world.

I think we could call a psychiatrist to analyze yesterday's statement made by the president of the United States. As the spokesman of imperialism, he came to share his nostrums, to try to preserve the current pattern of domination, exploitation and pillage of the peoples of the world.

......The world parent's statement -- cynical, hypocritical, full of this imperial hypocrisy from the need they have to control everything.

They say they want to impose a democratic model. But that's their democratic model. It's the false democracy of elites, and, I would say, a very original democracy that's imposed by weapons and bombs and firing weapons.

......The imperialists see extremists everywhere. It's not that we are extremists. It's that the world is waking up. It's waking up all over. And people are standing up.

I have the feeling, dear world dictator, that you are going to live the rest of your days as a nightmare because the rest of us are standing up, all those who are rising up against American imperialism, who are shouting for equality, for respect, for the sovereignty of nations.

Yes, you can call us extremists, but we are rising up against the empire, against the model of domination.

.....But the government doesn't want peace. The government of the United States doesn't want peace. It wants to exploit its system of exploitation, of pillage, of hegemony through war.

It wants peace. But what's happening in Iraq? What happened in Lebanon? In Palestine? What's happening? What's happened over the last 100 years in Latin America and in the world? And now threatening Venezuela -- new threats against Venezuela, against Iran?

.......This is crossfire? He's thinking of a western, when people would shoot from the hip and somebody would be caught in the crossfire.

This is imperialist, fascist, assassin, genocidal, the empire and Israel firing on the people of Palestine and Lebanon. That is what happened. And now we hear, "We're suffering because we see homes destroyed.'

........And I think I have some inkling of what the peoples of the south, the oppressed people think. They would say, "Yankee imperialist, go home." I think that is what those people would say if they were given the microphone and if they could speak with one voice to the American imperialists.

......Yesterday, the secretary general practically gave us his speech of farewell. And he recognized that over the last 10 years, things have just gotten more complicated; hunger, poverty, violence, human rights violations have just worsened. That is the tremendous consequence of the collapse of the United Nations system and American hegemonistic pretensions.

.......The imperium is afraid of truth, is afraid of independent voices. It calls us extremists, but they are the extremists.

.........And if there is anything I could ask all of you here, my companions, my brothers and sisters, it is to please lend your good will to lend momentum to the Nonaligned Movement for the birth of the new era, to prevent hegemony and prevent further advances of imperialism.

........And maybe we have to change location. Maybe we have to put the United Nations somewhere else; maybe a city of the south. We've proposed Venezuela.

post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 07:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Perhaps if the United States had not spent generations propping up fascist dictatorships in Latin America who routinely raped, murdered and robbed the people they ruled, then the people of Venzeula might not feel compelled to elect men like Chavez.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in