Zero-Day IE Attack, possible - Mercedes-Benz Forum

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Zero-Day IE Attack, possible

Article: http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895...VEMNL91906EOAD

"
Security researchers at Sunbelt Software have discovered an active malware attack against fully patched versions of Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser."

"The attack is linked to the WebAttacker, a do-it-yourself malware installation toolkit that is sold at multiple underground Web sites."

"He said the exploit can be mitigated by turning off JavaScript in the browser."

It must be those muslins again
DP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 02:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
old300D's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MSIE SUCKS!! Use Mozilla Firefox.

OBK #35

old300D is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 02:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
baby boo's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,646
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
...

It must be those muslins again

Yes, thanks for reminding us of that.

After the Mohammad cartoons were published some filthy muslims launched thousands of denial of service attacks on Danish websites:

Muslum hackers continue their retaliatory assault on Danish websites over the political cartoons run in Danish newspapers last year and more recently in other European publications. As this story is being written, the number is up to 1819 Danish site alone and continues to rise.

The defaced sites contain messages aimed at various western folks carry a message attacking people who the hackers feel insult their religion of Islam. One site, beetlejuice.dk, was hacked by Iranian hackers calling themselves the Ashiyane Defacers Digital Security Team. This would seem to be a bit of self-promotion by the group. On this site, they left a message in different languages saying, "We are Muslims and We Cannot Let Anyone to Insult to Islam." The Ashiyane team even sent a note to Zone-H to make sure they got credit to the appropriate hackers...


http://michellemalkin.com/archives/004535.htm
baby boo is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 02:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
old300D's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
Yes, thanks for reminding us of that.

After the Mohammad cartoons were published some filthy muslims launched thousands of denial of service attacks on Danish websites:

Muslum hackers continue their retaliatory assault on Danish websites over the political cartoons run in Danish newspapers last year and more recently in other European publications. As this story is being written, the number is up to 1819 Danish site alone and continues to rise.

The defaced sites contain messages aimed at various western folks carry a message attacking people who the hackers feel insult their religion of Islam. One site, beetlejuice.dk, was hacked by Iranian hackers calling themselves the Ashiyane Defacers Digital Security Team. This would seem to be a bit of self-promotion by the group. On this site, they left a message in different languages saying, "We are Muslims and We Cannot Let Anyone to Insult to Islam." The Ashiyane team even sent a note to Zone-H to make sure they got credit to the appropriate hackers...


http://michellemalkin.com/archives/004535.htm
So does your insensitivity towards insulting others extend to dispassion about desecrating the US flag?

OBK #35

old300D is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 07:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
So does your insensitivity towards insulting others extend to dispassion about desecrating the US flag?
"While liberals should be the ones pointing the way beyond this Iron Age madness, they are rendering themselves increasingly irrelevant. Being generally reasonable and tolerant of diversity, liberals should be especially sensitive to the dangers of religious literalism. But they aren't.

The same failure of liberalism is evident in Western Europe, where the dogma of multiculturalism has left a secular Europe very slow to address the looming problem of religious extremism among its immigrants. The people who speak most sensibly about the threat that Islam poses to Europe are actually fascists."

From: http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...,1897169.story
Botnst is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 08:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
So does your insensitivity towards insulting others extend to dispassion about desecrating the US flag?

If you search this forum, you'll find US flag with the swasticas instead of stars. Yet the person who posted this is not even banned from the forum.
maine_coon is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 08:03 AM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,259
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
If you MUST use IE, you may want to run the following command - it will 'hide' the vulnerable DLL on your PC from this attack:

regsvr32 -u "%ProgramFiles%\CommonFiles\Microsoft Shared\VGX\vgx.dll"

http://www.computerworld.com/action/...8&pageNumber=2
Qubes is online now  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
If you MUST use IE, you may want to run the following command - it will 'hide' the vulnerable DLL on your PC from this attack:

regsvr32 -u "%ProgramFiles%\CommonFiles\Microsoft Shared\VGX\vgx.dll"

http://www.computerworld.com/action/...8&pageNumber=2
Aha so it is a form of buffer overflow!
Good call QBNCGAR
DP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Shark attack Nutz 4 Benz Off-Topic 2 01-12-2012 04:34 AM
    Terrorist attack? Jillian80 Off-Topic 27 12-12-2005 03:20 PM
    Democrats attack... Shane Off-Topic 2 12-02-2005 10:23 AM
    Do you think the USA will have a nuclear attack... Shane Off-Topic 14 04-11-2005 12:23 PM
    Attack on high idle Litton W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 0 01-26-2003 01:32 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome