Air Force wants to test weapons-system on US Citizens in "crowd control" situations - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Air Force wants to test weapons-system on US Citizens in "crowd control" situations

Nonlethal weapons touted for use on U.S. citizens

By LOLITA C. BALDOR
ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

WASHINGTON -- Nonlethal weapons such as high-power microwave devices should be used on American citizens in crowd-control situations before they are used on the battlefield, the Air Force secretary said Tuesday.

Domestic use would make it easier to avoid questions in the international community over any possible safety concerns, said Secretary Michael Wynne.

"If we're not willing to use it here against our fellow citizens, then we should not be willing to use it in a wartime situation," said Wynne. "(Because) if I hit somebody with a nonlethal weapon and they claim that it injured them in a way that was not intended, I think that I would be vilified in the world press."

The Air Force has funded research into nonlethal weapons, but he said the service isn't likely to spend more money on development until injury issues are reviewed by medical experts and resolved.

Nonlethal weapons generally can weaken people if they are hit with the beam. Some of the weapons can emit short, intense energy pulses that also can be effective in disabling some electronic devices.

On another subject, Wynne said he expects to pick a new contractor for the next generation of aerial refueling tankers by next summer. He said a draft request for bids will be put out next month, and there are two qualified bidders: The Boeing Co. and a team of Northrop Grumman Corp. and European Aeronautic Defence and Space Co., the majority owner of European jet maker Airbus SAS.

The contract is expected to be worth at least $20 billion.

Chicago-based Boeing lost the tanker deal in 2004 amid revelations that it had hired a top Air Force acquisitions official who had given the company preferential treatment.

Wynne also said the Air Force, which is already chopping 40,000 active duty, civilian and reserves jobs, is now struggling to find new ways to slash about $1.8 billion from its budget to cover costs from the latest round of base closings.

He said he can't cut more people, and it would not be wise to take funding from military programs that are needed to protect the country. But, he said he also encounters resistance when he tries to save money on operations and maintenance by retiring aging aircraft.

"We're finding out that those are, unfortunately, prized possessions of some congressional districts," said Wynne, adding that the Air Force will have to "take some appetite suppressant pills." He said he has asked employees to look for efficiencies in their offices.

The base closings initially were expected to create savings by reducing Air Force infrastructure by 24 percent.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 01:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well isn't that special. The authorities certainly are going to need better crowd control weapons to defend themselves from those of us who prefer FREEDOM, and want these control freaks removed from power.

OBK #35

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 01:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
Well isn't that special. The authorities certainly are going to need better crowd control weapons to defend themselves from those of us who prefer FREEDOM, and want these control freaks removed from power.
Isn't that's the bill Congress tries to pass preventing certain Government officials for War Crime trial?

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 06:36 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau
Isn't that's the bill Congress tries to pass preventing certain Government officials for War Crime trial?
War crimes? what war crimes?
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 06:49 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
"If we're not willing to use it here against our fellow citizens, then we should not be willing to use it in a wartime situation," said Wynne. "(Because) if I hit somebody with a nonlethal weapon and they claim that it injured them in a way that was not intended, I think that I would be vilified in the world press."

Let me get this straight. It's ok to drop an errant bomb and wipe out half a village of innocent women and children because you cannot be vilified by microscopic pieces of flesh and bone?

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 07:33 PM
Premium Member

Date registered: Jan 2006
Vehicle: Nice, Fast, Luxurious.
Premium Member
Why not use them on Aliens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Nonlethal weapons touted for use on U.S. citizens

By LOLITA C. BALDOR
ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER
>>I demand Equal Opportunity for Resident & Illegal Aliens.
"Liberty & Hardship for All."

Mi$ter Right.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 09:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove

Run, Forrest , Run!

Run, FeelTheLove Gump, Run!

All along the government has been tapping your phone and putting poison in your jello and saltpeter in your chicken soup to prevent you from getting an erection.

And now this!

Microwaves for mind control! Put on your Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie right away before before you become an AM radio talk show personality!! http://zapatopi.net/afdb/
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 11:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Here's a prototype beanie. Also a link to a lab at MIT which has done double blind placebo controlled testing of the effectiveness of aluminum hijabs in preventing unwanted cranial radiation exposure: http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/
Attached Images

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 11:33 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My youngest daughter is already subject to mind control by microwaves.Every time I see her she has her mobile phone clamped to her ear and is craving a credit top-up.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 11:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
My youngest daughter is already subject to mind control by microwaves.Every time I see her she has her mobile phone clamped to her ear and is craving a credit top-up.
I get the part about having "her mobile phone clamped to her ear," but what does "craving a credit top-up" mean.

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in