post #51 of 85 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 01:06 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
Bush's spending at least has a reason, which you may have over looked, there's a war going on. The previous administration spent FAR more then the one before him, and there was no extended combat, just pork….. How do you rationalize that?
I leave for three days to pick up some nice AMG wheels and look what I miss. A caption contest gone amuck...and into economics. I know the answers to this one.

First, Bush's spending does NOT have either rhyme or reason. A little math: Iraq and Afghanistan have cost [according to the kids at DoD] around $550B. OK, so it is about $500B over their initial projections, promises and addresses to the public but not everyone is good at math. Now, in the past FIVE years, the DEFICIT SPENDING [money spend greater than money brought in from all the cool new jobs and their expanding taxes] totals $4.2TRILLION if the current reductions in Deficit Spending that the WH says are going to occur actually do occur for this year. Now, getting out our little calculators we see that this administration, along with its Weepublican Congress OVERSPENT its own budget over the past five years by: $3.65TRILLION.

That previous Administration you speak of took continous Deficit Spending which peaked in 1991 at the end of Bush1 and by the last 4 Clinton budgets had an aggregate SURPLUS of $570BILLION.

By the way, the NATIONAL DEBT IS $8.5T as of today. It was less than $4T when W took office.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 85 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 06:09 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Every dime of that was stolen by GOP rich fuckers who stole money from our grandchildren so they could have a tax cut.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #53 of 85 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 09:07 AM
BenzWorld Elite

I need to make a correction. Since I posted that number at 3am the National Debt has gone up another $600,000,000 in round numbers [about $1.58B per day since W took office]. 10% of every tax dollar is used to PAY INTEREST on that debt to those who hold the treasury notes, bills, bonds etc.

I get some of it, CHINA gets a big bunch since they are the single biggest holder of US DEBT at $1.2T. Yes kiddies, we owe the one single country that has publicly declared that their goal is to overtake us as the single world economic superpower in the next quarter century over a TRILLION DOLLARS and we pay them over $85BILLION in interest for the privilage.

All of this fine economic lending and borrowing to China has come about in...GUESS HOW MANY YEARS???? Come on Weepublicans, guess. Here is a hint. The number is equal to the number of years that a certain man has been president. Can you guess?? Another hint. People used to have his initial on the back of their cars. Now they have it scraped off in embarassment. [kinda looked like M the Moron]

Another $75,000,000 while I typed. Burn, Baby Burn.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #54 of 85 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 09:50 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Relax mcbear, those monies are not wasted. We actually owe the Chinese NOTHING. All we have to do is declare war and all debts are out the window hehehehe. It's the Chinese that have been had; GWB is a genius!
We can make a case for war by simply stating that they have a WMD program. Can someone help me here; do they actually have a WMD program? We can also use the argument that in the long run they can be a threat to our national security because they will drink up all the oil that belongs to us. In addition they have a sizable population of communists and Muslims so they must be real bad for our health.
post #55 of 85 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 11:14 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Relax mcbear, those monies are not wasted. We actually owe the Chinese NOTHING. All we have to do is declare war and all debts are out the window hehehehe. It's the Chinese that have been had; GWB is a genius!
We can make a case for war by simply stating that they have a WMD program. Can someone help me here; do they actually have a WMD program? We can also use the argument that in the long run they can be a threat to our national security because they will drink up all the oil that belongs to us. In addition they have a sizable population of communists and Muslims so they must be real bad for our health.
I believe I remember them testing H bombs so that would cover the WMD part and they used to talk about taking over the US on R. Peking, now R. Bejing. That would be two. They are sucking up oil at a rate that even DeadEye Dick gets wood on and I have heard that they are commies.

Sounds to me like W's got him another axis to grind.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #56 of 85 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 11:43 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
China is evil. Must be annihilated. I can see clearly now. Call Fox News and lets gets this sucker rolling.
post #57 of 85 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 01:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Man, check out this Adam's apple shot:

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #58 of 85 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 02:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 1982 300CD
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

"Okay, level her off... Lower your altitude... You can probably see them from there, so just bring it on in! (...This is going to make some married women so very happy!)"
post #59 of 85 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 02:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 1982 300CD
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
By the way, the NATIONAL DEBT IS $8.5T as of today. It was less than $4T when W took office.
GW has an MBA. And we're sinking like a stone this fast.

It reminds me of the poker expression, "If you look around the table and you don't see a sucker, you're it."
post #60 of 85 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 03:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs300CD

"Okay, level her off... Lower your altitude... You can probably see them from there, so just bring it on in! (...This is going to make some married women so very happy!)"
"What the fuck is this wire mesh thing on the tip of your cock?"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in