post #112 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 01:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
You sound very bitter my friend... Even more-so than GermanStar. I hope it doesn't affect your health. It is obviously affecting your mind.
Bitter is a beer. I do not sound like a beer, more like very smooooooooth Kentucky Bourbon.

But that still was one of the funniest things I have read in a very long time. Thank God we did not help them. It might have turned into a quagmire if we had.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #113 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
Bitter is a beer. I do not sound like a beer, more like very smooooooooth Kentucky Bourbon.

But that still was one of the funniest things I have read in a very long time. Thank God we did not help them. It might have turned into a quagmire if we had.
I'll drink to that! They are a very resilient and independent people. We couldn't have influenced their decisions if we wanted to. And I know there have been many in our US administration who have been very frustrated w/ their decisions, but they are after all a sovereign nation now. Ain't it great?

Don't believe everything you think
post #114 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 01:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_250SE
The fact that the director of the 9/11 film is a graduate of USC's Film School and has worked with Oliver Stone gives you a clue to the director's own liberal leanings.
I think the "problem child" of the production was the WRITER from what I read in Variety. ---And before anyone starts saying Variety is a Left wing rag, NO, they are only interested in MONEY PERIOD.---

Apparently he has been moved off of productions before for injecting his own motives into movies and putting words into the mouths of pols when it suited his interests. His previous trouble involved a mini-series where he interjected words into several conversations of Cardinals during a JP2 story. He is a very Rightwing Opus Dei kinda guy from what I read. Harvey Keitel [star of this mini-series] and strong Bush supporter is shittin kittens over the handling of the dialog when he found out that fabricated dialog had been put in to tweak political points.
-----
Harvey Keitel, the lead actor in the film, said in a TV interview that changes must be made in the film. He said when he was hired for the role he was told the movie was a "history" but then found that certain facts were "wrong." This led to "arguments," he recalled. "You can compile certain things as long as the truth remains the truth," he told Showbiz Tonight. "You can’t put these things together, compress them and then distort the reality....

"You cannot cross the line from a conflation of events to a distortion of the event. Where we have distorted something, we made a mistake and it should be corrected." Editor and Publisher 9/7/06
-----

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #115 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I'll drink to that! They are a very resilient and independent people. We couldn't have influenced their decisions if we wanted to. And I know there have been many in our US administration who have been very frustrated w/ their decisions, but they are after all a sovereign nation now. Ain't it great?
I'm very glad to hear this. I had previously heard some very ugly rumors about U.S. troops actually using guns and bombs to assert their influence over a foreign country and its government. It was very disturbing.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #116 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 01:57 PM
RFC

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Sounds like the Democrats want censorship of free speech
post #117 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 02:06 PM
RFC

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
I'm very glad to hear this. I had previously heard some very ugly rumors about U.S. troops actually using guns and bombs to assert their influence over a foreign country and its government. It was very disturbing.
Ask Japan & Germany about that.
post #118 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFC
Ask Japan & Germany about that.
Why? Are they in Iraq too?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #119 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
ABC promo

It is a shame, but ABC may not show it at all due to intense democrat pressure. If it shows, I hear all "controversial" parts will be removed, which means we will probably learn little or nothing about what actually happened and how it could have been avoided. ABC put some interesting "background" clips together: http://abc.go.com/movies/thepathto911/index.html

post #120 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Just left-wing rumors, I'm sure...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in