BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
When we invaded and occupied a sovereign nation, them attempted to impose our form of government on them -- were you sleeping during all this? Do you believe that they are imposing their will upon us? Someone is certainly imposing their will upon someone, or our troops just there on vacation?

OK -- make it a year -- that's a long time.
I think your anger w/ our decision to go into Iraq is clouding your ability view and assess what is happening there. We, in NO WAY, imposed our form of anything on them! They spent years developing their own constitution and their own form of government. Millions of Iraqis went to the polls, at great risk to themselves, and voted overwhelmingly for their own constitution and form of government. Your anger has blinded you to what is really going on in Iraq, and elsewhere. As someone else said, "...were you sleeping during all this?"
Attached Images

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
I just heard that ABC is feverishly "reworking" the docu-drama, and is even considering not airing it at all. That they are in the process of "sanitizing it" is bad enough, but pulling it would be a serious mistake, IMO.

Side note: President Bush has just requested an hour, at 9:00p ET Sunday, (right in the middle of the ABC mini-series) to address the nation. I think he is trying to help Clinton by disrupting the planned schedule for airing of The Path to 9/11...

post #103 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 11:31 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_250SE
If you don't think that Hollywood, and the media in general, is deeply in the pockets of the clintonites and their liberal friends then you have been in another planet.

Just look at any media-Hollywood sponsored political fundraiser and you will see that the big name stars, their agents and the rest of their hanger ons give and give and give to the clinton-left causes.

Please note that my reference is to the media, which includes the press (of course) but it also includes all the media outlets, the movie studios, the independent filmakers, etc., etc., etc.

Sir, to call my statement a whitewash is irresponsible, it is despicable, it is a shameful twist of the facts, done for your personal profit at a time when the country's emotions are running high over current events. Your careless and irresponsible statements threatens my legacy.

I demand, nay I insist that you edit your remarks and/or self-censor yourself.

Poppycock I say.

It is not the press's responsibility to do any such thing.

Politicians need to do that.

And where were the Dems during all of this?

Well, my goodness they were right next to the Reps, blowing the battle bugle and trying to out do the Reps in their war fervor.

Dems had access to the same intelligence that the President had. Why weren't the Dems warning the public about going to war?

Because Dems have this pathological fear, based on their past performance, of being called weak. So when the chance to look tough comes around they trip over themselves for the opportunity to do so.

So when the Dems had their chance to oppose the start of the war, they all stood right next to the President. Now that things appear to be going badly, they cut and run.

Miserable turds!!!

So, please don't even try to to make an argument for a right-leaning press. That dog won't fly (yes, I know that I am mixing metaphors here).
In the context of movie studios and people who write books, scripts and so on, I don't think I would say they are particularly in Clinton's pocket, but they tend to vote for more liberal candidates. I misread your use of the word "media" to be news in print and electronic media.

And, while I don't agree the press has no duty to excercise its freedom, (since if you don't exercise it, you don't really have it, do you?) I fully acknowledge the Democrats did nothing in the time leading up to the war. The fact that the Republicans also did nothing but rubber stamp the Republican President's "poppycock!" and you all feel that was a job well done speaks volumes. It is about America first, not political parties first.

Jim
post #104 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 11:38 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I think your anger w/ our decision to go into Iraq is clouding your ability view and assess what is happening there. We, in NO WAY, imposed our form of anything on them! They spent years developing their own constitution and their own form of government. Millions of Iraqis went to the polls, at great risk to themselves, and voted overwhelmingly for their own constitution and form of government. Your anger has blinded you to what is really going on in Iraq, and elsewhere. As someone else said, "...were you sleeping during all this?"
That is the funniest shit I have read in months. “We, in NO WAY, imposed our form of anything on them.” What alternate reality are you living in? It certainly cannot be on this planet. We provided them a blueprint for their constitution without regard for their warring religious factions OR warring political factions. This Pollyanna Constitution was hoped to make a thousand year conflict between shii and sunni just go away and to make the tenuous 70 year old relationship that was brokered by the British just fall in place. Everybody smile for the camera.

You might want to read Iraqi history from a perspective beyond Rush, Snowjob and O'Really.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #105 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 11:46 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Could the MODS please Flag this thread for when the first of the Bush2 era docudramas start coming out in 09. I just want to make sure that the very same posters that defend the rights of the docudrama producers for this particular production stand just as strongly behind their words when those Bushies hit the air.

My only comment on the mini-series is that no producer has the right to put words in people's mouths for 'effect' or to encourage an agenda, no matter what that agenda it, left or right. It should stick with facts only. It will be more boring, get less rating but will be accurate.

That is my only complaint with this mini-series. [based only on what I have read in Broadcasting and Cable and a couple of other trade papers]

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #106 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
You might want to read Iraqi history from a perspective beyond Rush, Snowjob and O'Really.
To quote deathrattle, "now you're just being silly".

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #107 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
That is the funniest shit I have read in months. “We, in NO WAY, imposed our form of anything on them.” What alternate reality are you living in? It certainly cannot be on this planet. We provided them a blueprint for their constitution without regard for their warring religious factions OR warring political factions. This Pollyanna Constitution was hoped to make a thousand year conflict between shii and sunni just go away and to make the tenuous 70 year old relationship that was brokered by the British just fall in place. Everybody smile for the camera.

You sound very bitter my friend... Even more-so than GermanStar. I hope it doesn't affect your health. It is obviously affecting your mind.

post #108 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 12:37 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Jul 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
In the context of movie studios and people who write books, scripts and so on, I don't think I would say they are particularly in Clinton's pocket, but they tend to vote for more liberal candidates. I misread your use of the word "media" to be news in print and electronic media.

And, while I don't agree the press has no duty to excercise its freedom, (since if you don't exercise it, you don't really have it, do you?) I fully acknowledge the Democrats did nothing in the time leading up to the war. The fact that the Republicans also did nothing but rubber stamp the Republican President's "poppycock!" and you all feel that was a job well done speaks volumes. It is about America first, not political parties first.

Jim
Jim I disagree with your assessment regarding in whose pocket the "media" is. All you have to do is look at the list of donors to Clinton et al from the "industry" and you will convince yourself. I have a connection, albeit limited to the "industry" and I have a finger, in a manner of speaking, on one of hte pipelines that feeds talent to the industry. I can tell you that they are overwhelmingly liberal, overwhelmingly pro-Clinton and overwhelmingly anti-Bush.

The fact that the director of the 9/11 film is a graduate of USC's Film School and has worked with Oliver Stone gives you a clue to the director's own liberal leanings.

The press can, and sometimes does, expose things. But that duty lies with the our politicians. We elect them and we pay their salaries.

BTW to answer one of your previous questions, it is mechanical fuel injection.
post #109 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 12:40 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Vehicle: '01 C320
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azimuth
Which brings us full circle in which ways did we force democracy on the Iraqi people?

ANd what's with making a steak bet that can't be won?......I'd have to wait 'til 'never' is over to claim my prize......
Agreed. That damn Tom DeLay bet seems like it'll be settled half past never. What the hell? Can you just arrest people take their mug shots, indict them and then do NOTHING?? If nothing comes up by the end of the year Az, I'll consider it dead and send you the steaks (after all I said he'd be convicted and I haven't heard squat about squat). Deal?
post #110 of 224 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 12:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_250SE
Jim I disagree with your assessment regarding in whose pocket the "media" is. All you have to do is look at the list of donors to Clinton et al from the "industry" and you will convince yourself. I have a connection, albeit limited to the "industry" and I have a finger, in a manner of speaking, on one of hte pipelines that feeds talent to the industry. I can tell you that they are overwhelmingly liberal, overwhelmingly pro-Clinton and overwhelmingly anti-Bush.

The fact that the director of the 9/11 film is a graduate of USC's Film School and has worked with Oliver Stone gives you a clue to the director's own liberal leanings.

The press can, and sometimes does, expose things. But that duty lies with the our politicians. We elect them and we pay their salaries.

BTW to answer one of your previous questions, it is mechanical fuel injection.
The portion of the "industry" of movie making you speak of is overwhelmingly liberal. I agree. There is a reason though and it is not come evil conspiracy. Look at the lifestyles of the people who are in the industry and their business priorities.

I very much doubt the industry is in Clinton's pocket. Clinton, Bill anyway, is a has been politician. Yes he is an ex-President, but he is not being supported by the liberals in Hollywood at the expense of any other priority they might have, today.

I am hoping that machine pre-dates air pollution controls too? Sounds like a very unique model. I had a 250S once with a manual transmission. Same era but not the SE. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in