CAPTION: Donald Rumsfeld - Page 7 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 244 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 08:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

"So I wake up this morning, and I've got this penis growing out of my forehead! So I run to the doctor, and I say, doctor! doctor! I've got a penis growing out of my forehead! Can you help me! Can you remove it! And he says, "This is a very rare disorder. Unfortunately, we can't remove the penis because it is attached to your brain, and removing it will kill you. And it is going to continue to grow, as well." So I says, "For God's sake, you mean when I wake up in the morning, when I first look in the mirror, I'm going to have to look at this cock hanging down from my forehead?". And the doc says, "Oh no, that won't be a problem, because your balls are going to cover your eyes!"

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 244 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 08:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: DeLorean DMC-12
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
That is cowardly, Jillian. If you are daring enough to choose a side, have the courage of your conviction.

B
I don't think I was choosing a side at all--just pointing out that BruceR's entire post was flaming DR for namecalling when he himself did the same.
post #63 of 244 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 08:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
If you ever care for a change of apparel...

I can't get Pink Kitty to work. I saved and tried to upload, but no go. Jilly sad.

Two more Klonipins and another cognac for me. Jilly happy.
post #64 of 244 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Here, just in case it was too large. Remember once before you had to log in and out in regard to a pic?

Also, I think thye site may be having problems with uploads at the moment. You may want to try tomorrow.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #65 of 244 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 09:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Here, just in case it was too large. Remember once before you had to log in and out in regard to a pic?

Also, I think thye site may be having problems with uploads at the moment. You may want to try tomorrow.
Ah, yes, I do remember. Oh the shame.

Thanks for the resized image--I'll try tomorrow.
post #66 of 244 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 10:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Jilly, I've got something for your muff....................

...............ler

aborted Shop Forum member

post #67 of 244 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 11:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian80
I don't think I was choosing a side at all--just pointing out that BruceR's entire post was flaming DR for namecalling when he himself did the same.
Actually you have chosen a side, and you continue to do so, so like Botnst said "Have the courage of your conviction." and admit it.
As far as name calling is concerned, I hardly consider "chump" and "lowlife" in the same class as any of the wide variety of names he has called me, and more particularly, others.
As to the flame, I have to ask you the question: What do you call what he has been doing most everyone he has responded to in this thread? Virtually every response was a flame of some sort. Hell damn near every thread in this whole forum ends up being a flame war. Well better here then where the real people are I guess.

The bunny is quite cute, but I really think it belongs to you. It seems to fit your personality far closer then it does mine...

When you post something like this, DON'T say you're not taking sides, it's very clear that you are...

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #68 of 244 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 11:18 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
What do you call what he has been doing most everyone he has responded to in this thread? Virtually every response was a flame of some sort.
We've been trying to cut him a little extra slack ever since he's gone on the methadone program...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #69 of 244 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 11:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
We've been trying to cut him a little extra slack ever since he's gone on the methadone program...
That Sir (with a capitol S) is a great comment. I hope you show me the same courtesy. I know I'm going to need it when my medication wears off.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #70 of 244 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 11:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
Actually you have chosen a side, and you continue to do so, so like Botnst said "Have the courage of your conviction." and admit it.
As far as name calling is concerned, I hardly consider "chump" and "lowlife" in the same class as any of the wide variety of names he has called me, and more particularly, others.
As to the flame, I have to ask you the question: What do you call what he has been doing most everyone he has responded to in this thread? Virtually every response was a flame of some sort. Hell damn near every thread in this whole forum ends up being a flame war. Well better here then where the real people are I guess.

The bunny is quite cute, but I really think it belongs to you. It seems to fit your personality far closer then it does mine...

When you post something like this, DON'T say you're not taking sides, it's very clear that you are...
I don't really give two shits what names DR (or anyone else, for that matter) calls each other. It is the internet, afterall. I was merely commenting on your seeming indignance that he called you a name, after which you turned right around and called him a few names. It doesn't really matter the 'class' of the names--just the act. In fact, to me, it doesn't really matter at all.....

By your own admission, most threads here end in flame wars--some funny, some downright stupid. So, what's the big deal if DR has decided to flame on every response to this thread? Seems like the status quo, to me. (That's not taking sides, mind--just stating the obvious.)

As for the bunny, it was a joke, posted in response to your (rather disparaging) comment about my 'cutesy' avatar. It had nothing whatsoever to do with taking sides. If you took the 'Hi, Loser' bit to heart, my humblest apologies and a bit of advice: Erleichda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in