Date registered: Sep 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dictionary.com first defines virtuoso as:
1. a person who has special knowledge or skill in a field.
2. a person who excels in musical technique or execution.
3. a person who has a cultivated appreciation of artistic excellence, as a connoisseur or collector of objects of art, antiques, etc.
4. Obsolete. a person who has special interest or knowledge in the arts and sciences; scientist; scholar.
and defines vituosity as
1. the character, ability, or skill of a virtuoso.
2. a fondness for or interest in virtu
So 67's usage of the term, although quaint, is technically correct.
I guess that would make deathrattle's objection incorrect.
That should settle it but, somehow I doubt that it will.
(I guess that this makes me a "smart ass" or a "moron").